The house is located in the heart of Burgundy at Autun itself, at the gateway to the Morvan Regional Natural Park and the Wine Route. Quietly at the end of a dead end, it welcomes you in a haven of peace and invites you to relax and discover our beautiful city called "Augustodunum" or "Little Rome".
The site once belonged to the Priory of Saint Martin, it was first made of oil, then flour, ochres, lime. Wine and other liqueurs were later traded there.
Renovated this year, the house can accommodate up to 14 people. The rate is decreasing weekly.
- The entrance: you will put you at ease on your arrival. It also serves as a laundry room with a shower, a large capacity washing machine (12kg) and a dryer. It has a nursery space to change your child and a separate toilet.
- The ground floor: offers a very spacious living space of about 90m2. The latter is fully open on two levels, in fact it was once the storage docks.
At the lowest level you will find a large dining table (minimum 14 seats) and a modern kitchen, spacious and fully equipped: fridge-freezer large capacity / induction hob / dishwasher / raclette / appliances fondue / pierrade / wok / coffeemaker (Senséo and Italian coffee maker) / toaster / kettle / teapot and all the necessary dishes you will need.
On the dock (2nd level), you can enjoy the pool table overlooking the garden. A large bay window opens onto a terrace of 50m2. This is also where you can bask in a cozy cosi lounge if the weather is not good or take an aperitif with family or friends. The living room has a 49 "(123cm) screen and a dvd player.
In the living room will sleep two people in a bed of 160x200 futon type.
- Upstairs :
4 large thematic rooms in keeping with the history of the place await you, 3 with a queen size bed (160x200) and one with 4 beds of 90x200 (can be glued 2 to 2).
Bed linen can be provided as an option, as is bath linen.
- Bed linen, includes alaise, pillowcase (s), fitted sheet and duvet cover: 14 euros per double bed and 10 euros per single bed.
- Bath linen, includes a glove, a towel and a bath towel: 5 euros per person.
A large shower room with double washbasin combining modern and old.
A bathroom with double sink and a 170cm long bathtub to relax and bathe children.
2 separate toilets.
An extra lounge to relax, read, play board games (comics and games for children, novels, books on Burgundy, board games will be available). The latter has a sofa-bed that, once unfolded, offers a 160x200 bed. This living room is equipped with a 42 "(106cm) flat screen.
The garden, spacious and wooded, calls for relaxation, it is closed for the safety of children. In this one you will find:
- A terrace to enjoy the outdoors around a good meal.
- A charcoal barbecue.
- A petanque court that can be transformed to play badminton or make a football with children.
- A relaxation area with an infrared sauna for 4-5 people and a hot tub (jacuzzi) for 5 people. The Spa is optional, counting 50 euros per night. Note that it is available for one night, if you take the option Spa you multiply 50 euros by the number of nights to get the price. Access is unlimited, electricity included.
- A hammock and sun loungers to enjoy the summer sun.
- Fruit trees.
What to do in Autun?
- Markets: Under the Town Hall, Place du Champ de Mar, Wednesdays and Fridays morning, local producers are waiting for you to fill your basket.
- Culture: Museums, archaeological sites, concerts, exhibitions, festivals ... At Autun there is something for everyone.
- Oenology: Our cottage is a few kilometers from the first vineyards, a small break in the neighboring cellars of Couchois or Santenay. If you do not want to take the road there is a very good cellar in Autun which also tastings.
- Restaurants: A wide variety of restaurants will offer you the opportunity for a taste trip, to the rhythm of Burgundy, Italy, Asia or Brittany, you choose.
- Nature: Autun is surrounded by water and forest, places with breathtaking views will be the reward of a revivifying walk. Many hiking trails crisscross the region.
- Sports: Our city offers practically all sports, from horse riding to walking, climbing, trail running, paddle or canoeing, golf or mountain biking and many more.
Autun by car is 40 minutes from Beaune, 45 minutes from Chalon-sur-Saône, 1 hour from Dijon, 1h30 from Nevers, 2 hours from Lyon and 3 hours from Paris.
- During your stay, you will have the entire house for you.
- In general I am never far, I would try to do my best to welcome you in person, if this is not the case another person will be there at your arrival. An inventory will be made at this time and your departure.
- If you can, thank you to inform me a few days before the approximate time of your arrival.
- For people who do not speak French, please communicate by email.
- Of course I would be reachable by phone if you have any questions or if you want advice on visits, gastronomy Autunoise...
- End of stay cleaning compulsory: 80 euros.
- Deposit: 1500 euros.
- End of stay tax Grand Autunois Morvan: € 0.35 per night and per person, does not apply to children under 18 years. This tax will be due to the owner upon your arrival.
If you ever have any questions, do not hesitate to send me a message (text or email) or to call me.
Hoping to see you soon :)