Le Cours du Fleuve is located in the countryside in the small village of Calès, overlooking the banks of the Dordogne river. On the other side of the river is Trémolat, a small typical French village that meets the needs of all. It has preserved all the charm of our French villages. You can spend a pleasant time enjoying the peace and tranquility of the old church of St. Nicholas, or just watch the world pass by, sitting comfortably on one of the terraces of the local bar or its restaurants.
Not far from the center of the village is the famous "Cingle de Trémolat", a bend in the river with magnificent panoramic views over the Dordogne valley. The medieval town of Lalinde (14 km), with its small lake, ideal for picnics. Its lively Thursday market is also worth a visit. Sarlat (44 km) with its narrow and animated streets, its medieval buildings steeped in culture and history, is a must visit for all.
The region has many world-class vineyards. Bergerac covers 12,700 hectares. The wine has been produced in the region for over 400 years. Wine lovers will find grape varieties similar to those found in the Bordeaux region, including red Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec; Sauvignon Blanc, White Muscadet. Many vineyards welcome visitors and offer tastings. The "wine route" is within your reach and offers you a map of the vineyards of the region.
The nearest shopping towns are Le Bugue on the Vézère in the east, and Lalinde on the Dordogne in the west. The river Vézère joins the Dordogne to the charming village of Limeuil classified one of the "Most beautiful villages of France" and which is a few minutes drive from Tremolat. Between the rivers Vézère and Dordogne (the "golden triangle") is a treasure trove of prehistoric sites, magnificent caves, for example, Lascaux 2 with cave paintings, the Proumeyssac Gully, with its stalactites and located in a cave underground forty meters high.
There is so much to see and do in our lovely Dordogne that it's almost impossible to know where to start. There is something for all tastes and ages. There are prehistoric sites, troglodyte villages, bastides like Monpazier, Belvès and Villeréal. Périgueux and Bergerac are respectively 40 minutes and 30 minutes.
Many of the castles offer you a wine tasting: Monbazillac deserves a visit.
During the summer season, there are countless local festivals, traveling shows, night markets where you can dance to the sound of the accordion!
At the Cours du Fleuve, there are currently 4 independent cottages: the Cottage with sleeping for 4 people, the Séchoir with sleeping for 4 people, the Tabac with sleeping for 6 people and the Farmhouse with sleeping for 4 people.
The Tabac was originally the barn used to dry tobacco leaves. It is the largest of the renovated properties, consisting of three bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms / shower. It is a property full of lightness and very airy offering very nice views on all three sides of the property.
The Tabac offers very comfortable accommodation with original beams, exposed stone walls, tiled floor. Its layout is such that one feels at home. Everything is implemented so that you can spend a very pleasant stay there.
• Kitchen - The kitchen is fully equipped with washing machine, dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave and stove. There are many cupboards available and a nice work surface area
• The dining room - The dining room with solid oak table can accommodate eight people. The oriented French doors lead you onto the patio and offer stunning views of the countryside and the Dordogne. Ideal place to start your day with breakfast. You will find for this purpose, a set of garden composed of a table, chairs, parasol. A second enclosed patio, with also garden furniture and gas barbecue is located at the rear of the property in the garden, facing the pool
• The living room - This contemporary living room has three sofas surrounding a coffee table. For entertainment, there is a TV with national channels and English channels (freeview via satellite). DVD player, stereo and a large selection of books (French and English)
• Bedroom 1 - Traditional beams have been maintained to create a bright and spacious room overlooking the Dordogne. The master bedroom has a double bed, a wardrobe and a chest of drawers. A hairdryer and an electric alarm clock are also provided. The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room with shower, toilet and sink.
• Bedroom 2 - The second bedroom follows the traditional theme with exposed beams and offers a view of the river. This room has a double bed, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers. It also has an en-suite shower room with shower, washbasin and toilet.
• Bedroom 3 - The third bedroom also has a traditional theme with exposed beams, overlooking the pool and gardens. It is equipped with twin beds, wardrobe and chest of drawers. It has an en-suite shower room, with shower, sink and toilet.
The bedrooms are equipped with air conditionning. However, the use of this facility is optional and not included in the rental cost. If required, it will incur a supplementary charge. For more information, please refer to our Booking Conditions.
• Large heated fenced pool with paved terrace, deckchairs and umbrellas
• Swimming pool
• Parking for several cars
Towels as well as kitchen towels and pool towels are provided.
For stays of more than one week, a new set of linen is provided.
We invite you to visit our website: www. cours-du-fleuve. com and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you very soon