Situated in the heart of the countryside, where the only noise is that of the birdsong, this charming stone property, of a traditional Perigordine farm style, is ideal for lovers of nature and peace and quiet.
The covered terrace, the real heart of the house (....where you will no doubt enjoy leisurely meals either in the heat of the day or under the stars!) links the two buildings together where you will find the living area, three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
Below the house, the garden and the essential private swimming pool will be just waiting to welcome you on tour return from your daily excursions to the numerous nearby sites.
The property exudes charm and is a lovely example of old world charm and a recent renovation.
The former barn, with its raised roof, is set on two levels, and offers on the ground floor a spacious, bright and airy living room with wooden floor, and exposed beams and stone walls.
The comfortabl sitting area is equipped with 3 sofas and a coffee table and is set around a small woodburner.
A bed settee offers the possibility of sleeping two extra guests.
A dresser and round table permits 4 guests to eat inside.
The two beautiful bedrooms are set under the eaves and are both accessed via the mezzanine landing:
* To the left, a double bedroom offering a large double bed (160cm wide), bedside tables and a chest of drawers. A pretty screen hides a clothes rail.
* To the right, the second bedroom offres two single beds, a wardrobe and a small desk.
* They share a newly renovated shower room, with a large walk in shower, vanity unit and toilet.
The kitchen and third bedroom are situated at the other side of the terrace in the former farmhouse.
* The kitchen, with its imposing cantou open fireplace and its ancient stone sink offers a dining area for 6 to 8 guests around a square dining table.
Particularly well equipped it offers a 4 ring gas hob, an electric oven, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator. A dresser and two small armchairs set around a flat screen TV complete its equipment.
Its upper terrace, nestled under the wisteria, faces east, and is ideal for breakfast!
* a separate toilet completes this level.
* Under the above mentionned terrace, a set of exterior stone steps lead down into the last bedroom - particularly cool in the heat of the summer - which offers independent accommodation for two people.
* it benefits from a small private shower room, with shower, washbasin, toilet and washing machine.
Despite the fact that the house is charming and comfortable, it is most likely that it will be outside where you will make the most of the Métairie:
* the central covered terrace is equipped with a large dining table, bench and chairs, allowing you to organise happy meals!
A small round wrought iron table and four chairs can be moved around as you wish: to follow the sun or to find the shade...
* the terrace accessible from the kitchen is also equipped with a table and chairs for al fresco dining.
* And not forgetting the little covered terrace, ideally suited for sheltering the children from the heat of the afternoon sun, where they can draw or play in peace!
* Without doubt they will explore the huge 4000m² of gardens, made up of lawns, woodland and prairies.... perfect for making hidey holes and cabins. There is also a "boulodrome", set in the shade, ideal for playing petanque late into the evening.
* And last but not least, surrounded by hundred year old trees, and hidden from view, the beautiful private pool invites you to spend long, lazy afternoons sunbathing or swimming. The tiled surround is equipped with sun loungers, parasols and garden furniture. Its electric shutter offers maximum security for the younger holidaymakers, and when closed at night helps to keep in the heat gained during the day.
* Exterior parking for 2 to 3 cars
changeover day from FRIDAY to FRIDAY in high season.