Step back in time and live the life of Lord and Lady of the Manor for a week or so, in this historical manor house, built in the 17th and 18th century.
The private drive leads to the manor via a box lined avenue, under the canopy of hundred year old trees. You arrive at the front of the manor, with a large gravel parking area and views towards the bastide of Domme.
The glazed front door opens onto the central hallway which in turns opens onto:
* on the left, the formal dining room, with its wooden dining table and chairs, and buffet.
* on the right, the comfortable sitting room, with sofa, armchairs, TV, and sideboard.
Both of these rooms, and the hallway open to:
* a huge veranda running the length of the house and offering a bright and airy living space overlooking the garden. The veranda is south facing, and a glazed door gives access to the large garden and pool. The room offers various spaces for relaxing: sofas and armchairs, dining table, and chairs.
From this room a door leads to:
* the well equipped kitchen, offering a gas cooker, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine.
The sleeping accommodation is situated after the sitting room. A corridor leads to two ground floor bedrooms:
* The first offers a double bed, with an extra single bed, decorative fireplace, armchair, wardrobe, bedside tables and lamps. This room benefits from its private en suite bathroom, with bath and shower over, toilet and washbasin.
* The second ground floor bedroom offers two single beds, wardrobe, bedside tables and lamps.
* a private bathroom is just next door, with bath, toilet and washbasin.
* a separate toilet completes the ground floor.
A beautiful wooden staircase leads to the first floor, where a huge landing gives access to:
* a double bedroom, with a decorative fireplace, wardrobe, desk, armchairs, bedside tables and lamps.
* an en suite bathroom, with bath, washbasin and toilet.
* another double bedroom offering a double bed, wardrobe, bedside tables and lamps
* the fifth and final bedroom offers three single beds, wardrobe, desk, bedside table and lamps.
* these two bedrooms share a shower room, complete with shower cubicle, washbasin and toilet.
Despite the space and the character of the interior of the property, it is surely outside in the extensive grounds of 15 acres where you will spend the majority of your time.
* A rose covered arbour leads from the veranda, across the large lawned area to the private pool. The pool is completely fenced for our younger visitors safety, and measures 10m x 4.5m, with a variable depth of between 0.4 and 1.8m. It is equipped with sun loungers, parasols and a solar shower.
* A barbecue is available for your use, along with outside tables, and chairs.
The owner, whose family has occupied the manor for many generations moves out of the main house where she lives during the winter, and occupies an appartment within the manor during the summer months. She has a separate entry, and is extremely discreet, although present in case of any problems.