About the property
- House2690 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 - 7 nights
5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, situated near the village of Cénac
Step back in time and live the life of Lord and Lady of the Manor for a week or so, in this historical manor house, built in the 17th and 18th century.
The private drive leads to the manor via a box lined avenue, under the canopy of hundred year old trees. You arrive at the front of the manor, with a large gravel parking area and views towards the bastide of Domme.
The glazed front door opens onto the central hallway which in turns opens onto:
* on the left, the formal dining room, with its wooden dining table and chairs, and buffet.
* on the right, the comfortable sitting room, with sofa, armchairs, TV, and sideboard.
Both of these rooms, and the hallway open to:
* a huge veranda running the length of the house and offering a bright and airy living space overlooking the garden. The veranda is south facing, and a glazed door gives access to the large garden and pool. The room offers various spaces for relaxing: sofas and armchairs, dining table, and chairs.
From this room a door leads to:
* the well equipped kitchen, offering a gas cooker, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine.
The sleeping accommodation is situated after the sitting room. A corridor leads to two ground floor bedrooms:
* The first offers a double bed, with an extra single bed, decorative fireplace, armchair, wardrobe, bedside tables and lamps. This room benefits from its private en suite bathroom, with bath and shower over, toilet and washbasin.
* The second ground floor bedroom offers two single beds, wardrobe, bedside tables and lamps.
* a private bathroom is just next door, with bath, toilet and washbasin.
* a separate toilet completes the ground floor.
A beautiful wooden staircase leads to the first floor, where a huge landing gives access to:
* a double bedroom, with a decorative fireplace, wardrobe, desk, armchairs, bedside tables and lamps.
* an en suite bathroom, with bath, washbasin and toilet.
* another double bedroom offering a double bed, wardrobe, bedside tables and lamps
* the fifth and final bedroom offers three single beds, wardrobe, desk, bedside table and lamps.
* these two bedrooms share a shower room, complete with shower cubicle, washbasin and toilet.
Despite the space and the character of the interior of the property, it is surely outside in the extensive grounds of 15 acres where you will spend the majority of your time.
* A rose covered arbour leads from the veranda, across the large lawned area to the private pool. The pool is completely fenced for our younger visitors safety, and measures 10m x 4.5m, with a variable depth of between 0.4 and 1.8m. It is equipped with sun loungers, parasols and a solar shower.
* A barbecue is available for your use, along with outside tables, and chairs.
The owner, whose family has occupied the manor for many generations moves out of the main house where she lives during the winter, and occupies an appartment within the manor during the summer months. She has a separate entry, and is extremely discreet, although present in case of any problems.
En Toutes Saisons Agency's team
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- english, french, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
Le Manoir de Mombette is situated on the hillside, just above the village of Cénac, where you will find all the necessary shops and restaurants: supermarket, 2 bakers, papershop, hairdressers, and an excellent weekly market on Tuesday mornings.
The manor is ideally situated in the Dordogne valley, with all the major tourist attractions within a 15km radius: the beautiful villages of Domme and La Roque Gageac; the famous castles of Beynac, Castelnaud and Les Milandes; the medieval market town of Sarlat; and the prehistoric world renowned sites of Lascaux and La Roque St Christophe.
The Dordogne river itself, is just 2 kms away, where you can swim, canoe or take a gabarre boat trip down the river.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Location du samedi au samedi en haute saison; flexible en moyenne et basse saisons. Le tarif s'entend toutes charges comprises Le linge de lit et toilette est inclus au loyer. Le ménage est obligatoire, en sus du loyer: +500€ Conditions de réservation : - 25% d’acompte à la réservation. - Solde payable 4 semaines avant la date du début du séjour. - Caution restituable de 500€ payable à la remise des clés During high season the changeover day is saturday, flexible the rest of the year The price is inclusive of all charges Bed linen and towels are provided. Compulsory cleaning service : +150 Euros. Booking process: - 25% deposit with booking. - Remainder to be paid 4 weeks before arrival. - Returnable breakage deposit of 500 Euros to be paid on arrival