About the property
- Chateau / Country House861 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay5 - 7 nights
Large kitchen and living room, two bedrooms and bathroom
WELCOME IN THE HILLS OF LUCCA EA "CASA PATRIZIA" LITTLE FARM "AL BARONI"
A 12 km from Lucca, lovely city in Tuscany, and in the hills on the axis road that leads in Garfagnana, is the small farm "Al Baroni", surrounded by sunny hills and collected.
The structure was built in the 18th century as an oratory, which still retains some traces. In the following century was expanded and became a farm, with distinctive features typical Tuscan. Now it is a lovely country house, completely renovated and equipped with all modern facilities. And 'possible to take walks in the beautiful surrounding countryside on foot starting directly from the house.
The nearest town is a Moriano Bridge, a few minutes away by car, offering all major services, including supermarket and shopping center, bars, shops, pharmacy, post office, police station, ATM / bank, etc.
The city of Lucca is rich in history and art, it is notable for its numerous churches and medieval towers, the walls and Renaissance buildings, as well as maintaining still traces of Roman origin. We recall the splendid Piazza dell built on the structure of the pre-existing Roman amphitheater. Very interesting to visit are also historic villas, great pomp, built by noble Lucchesi in his campaigns.
Garfagnana is a mountainous region of particular beauty, between the Apuan Alps and the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines, which offers a wide variety of landscapes, from a mountain area and impervious to a pristine meadow and sweeter until hills rich fields and crops, interspersed with picturesque villages. It 'a land that still has the love of tradition, translated in the enhancement of craft and cuisine, enhanced by an excellent wine and olive oil.
The house is on two floors, with tiled floors and beamed ceilings in all rooms.
The entrance faces the kitchen-dining room with a large fireplace; is furnished in typical Tuscan country style and equipped with appliances: oven and hob, fridge freezer and dishwasher. Small appliances available: coffee and cappuccino, toaster, kettle, food processor. Next to the work plan is a small utility room with washing machine. Through an archway leads to a sitting area with a large sofa bed, TV and DVD player. The living room is equipped with air conditioning in common with the kitchen.
Climbing the stairs in wood and wrought iron leads to the first floor. This is the oldest part of the house and is lit by one of the windows original oratory and a glass door.
From the landing leads to the bedroom with two bunk beds and a wardrobe. Also in this room is opened one of the windows of the oratory century. On the right of the landing is a small entrance on which open the bathroom and the master bedroom. The bathroom has a shower and toilet. The master bedroom is furnished with a wrought iron bed and wardrobe decorated. Can also be accessed from the entrance to a small closet, used as a storeroom. Both rooms have air conditioning.
The house is surrounded on three sides by the garden, with private swimming pool 5m x 10 m, shower and sunbeds. Outside are also placed a table, some chairs and a barbecue.
The property is on a wifi to connect to the internet (email and websites, no downloading).
ACTIVITY 'AND LINKS
In the vicinity of the house and in Garfagnana you can enjoy activities such as hiking and horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, climbing, hiking.
In the city of Lucca, 12 km from the house, you can visit churches, villas, museums or attend concerts and plays.
For those wishing to visit other cities and towns in Tuscany, we recommend:
- Pisa, 25 km from Lucca
- Florence, 80 km from Lucca
- Siena, 220 km from Lucca
- Beaches of Versilia, 30 from Lucca
- Massaciuccoli lake, 25 km from Lucca
ACTIVITY 'AND SERVICES IN THE AREA
walking tours scenic roads
trekking climbing caves
mountain bike riding parks
sport fishing marina beaches
ATM / bank post office pharmacy
supermarket mall Carabinieri station
theater / cinema concerts museums
restaurants / pizzerias medical / hospital playground
botanical garden beauty centers laundries
HOW TO REACH US
Google Map, choose the "directions" and you will see the access road to the house.
Description of the route from the nearby village of Ponte a Moriano: the traffic circle near the village, continue towards "Ponte a Moriano 1 km", then cross the village until you reach the main square. Immediately after the square, turn left and cross the bridge over the river Serchio. Immediately after the bridge, turn right and follow the road for 3.8 km, always straight. You will meet a small side street on the left, just before another bridge. Engages racking-Catela and follow it for 1.8 km, always straight. The road is partly paved and partly gravel. After a sharp bend, you will come to a small group of three houses on your right.
"Casa Patrizia" is the closest to the road, at number 3.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
A little haven in the hills
We were immediately impressed by Patrizia when she met us in Lucca, escorted us to the supermarket at 8 o'clock at night, waited outside and then drove ahead of us to the house! We were even more impressed the moment we stepped inside the house by the level of detail and personal touches that Patrizia has put into the place. It is truly well thought out and furnished to a high standard and has everything that you could possibly need whether you want to stay in and cook or barbecue outside. Although you feel away from it all the house is really only 15 minutes drive from Lucca and the supermarket, depending on which route the satnav decides to take you - there is an easy way but it took us a week to work it out! We used the house as a base to go to Lucca, Florence and Pisa. We also drove up to Castelnuovo di Garfagna and then followed the road to Seravezza. It is a beautiful mountain drive and we'd thoroughly recommend it. Other days we chilled out by the pool, listening to the authentic Italian neighbours next door and being entertained by the wonderful local cats who came to visit. We had a great holiday, Patrizia was lovely to deal with and we would recommend this little gem of a place to anyone.
your kind words make my house seem a little castle!
Actually I live in a flat in Lucca, but this second house in the country, which I bought four years ago and renovated completely, adding a swimming pool and other modern comforts, is more than just an investment for me. Living in a town is good to reach work and other facilities easily, but I was born in a small village and my dream has always been to have a country spot to go back to.
I like to make this place as agreeable to other people as it is to me, because renting the property to nice guests as you just adds to it: in opportunities and liveabilities.
Thanks a lot and I hope to see you again.
Very good holidays !!!
We spent two wonderfull weeks with our 4 children in that very nice house. Everything was perfect. Rossana and Gianlucca are very welcoming and do their best for their host. We visited Lucca, Sienna, Pisa, Firenze, cinque terre, Viareggio.... and had some rest with the pool.
Perfekte Mischung aus Landleben und Sightseeing!
Wir haben 1 Woche in dem schönen Häuschen verbracht und es sehr genossen nach unseren Besichtigungstouren unsere Zeit in dem schönen Garten mit Pool zu verbringen und zu relaxen. Die Lage ist prima, um die Umgebung zu erkunden und Ausflüge nach Lucca, Cinque Terre, Viareggio, Pisa und den vielen anderen tollen Orten in der Toskana zu unternehmen. Anfänglich waren leider die direkten Nachbarn recht laut, was die ländliche Ruhe etwas störte, da sonst weit und breit niemand anderes ist (daher 4 statt 5 Sternen). Aber nachdem wir dies kundgetan haben, wurde es dann ruhiger und man konnte auch die Abende im Garten sehr genießen. Das Haus ist sehr liebevoll und stilvoll eingerichtet und absolut sauber! Wir würden jederzeit wiederkommen und gerade als Familie mit Kindern eignet sich das Haus perfekt! Unsere Söhne (16 und 8 Jahre) haben natürlich ganz besonders das Schwimmbad geliebt! Herzlichen Dank für die nette Betreuung vor Ort durch Gianluca!
We spent 3 wonderful weeks in Patrizia's house with our 2 kids. It became ours as soon as we entered and dropped our suitcases. The decoration is very nice, cosy and the house is very functional. Patrizia has thought about every little details.
A big thanks to Gianluca, who waited for us at Lucca the first day of our arrival and took the time to show us around for the various commodities. We enjoyed as well Rossana's good advice for the surroundings and addresses, Daniela's and her husband discussions on nature and Garfagnana.
The vacation were fantastic and we alternated sightseeing of north Tuscany and pool relaxation: the house situation is perfect to visit Florence, Pisa, Siena, Barga, Montecarlo and drive through Garfagnana itself to get a glimpse of its beautiful grottes. We even went to Cinque Terre by boat from Viareggio.
We are warmly recommending this charming house. No doubt that we will come back again.
I say thank you to a fantastic family.
Thanks for giving us the chance to meet you.
Your smile, kindness and love of life.
FIVE THINGS THAT YOU CAN NOT MISS:
- The city of Lucca (12 km away): Lucca is a charming town, with a prestigious center, full of medieval churches, towers, Renaissance palaces and is surrounded by beautiful walls, unique in Europe. It also retains some traces of its Roman origins, it is possible to recognize, among others, in the beautiful square of the Amphitheatre, built on the existing structure of the Roman amphitheater. Noteworthy are also the sumptuous mansions, built by noble families in the past centuries around the city, some of which you can visit. If you want, after admiring the works of art offered by the city, you can sit at a table in one of the many bars in the center, with a cappuccino or an ice cream, or buy souvenirs in the shops of the characteristic Piazza dell, or stroll on walls, or find antiques in the market that takes place in the town center every third weekend of the month;
- The city of Pisa (25 km from Lucca): admire the famous Leaning Tower! And 'possible to climb the tower, if the queue to access not discouraged. Pisa is home to an ancient university; also offers other beauties worth seeing: beautiful churches, squares, palaces and a romantic embankment;
- The city of Florence (80 km from Lucca): walk in the old town is like visiting an open-air museum! The appearance of the city has been shaped by the greatest artists of the Renaissance, so do not miss Giotto's bell tower, the cathedral with the dome by Brunelleschi, Piazza della Signoria, the church of Santa Croce, Ponte Vecchio, Michelangelo's David, etc. If you want to visit the Uffizi Gallery (closed on Mondays), it is best to book your tickets in advance via internet, otherwise you could lose hours in a row;
- The city of Siena (220 km from Lucca): Siena is an example of a perfectly preserved medieval town. Revenue from its walls and you will find yourself in another era!
- Pietrasanta, the town of artists (30 km from Lucca): Pietrasanta is a small town in Versilia, where many artists from around the world have chosen to live and create with the beautiful marble statues of the nearby quarries.
- If you like visiting caves with stalactites and stalagmites, there are two very beautiful that I recommend: the "Cave of the Wind" to Fornovolasco offering some paths of different length and price (open daily; visit) el ' "Antro del Corchia" Levigliani-Stazzema Apuan Alps (open daily in July; visit);
- If you are looking for fun and excitement, go to the "Adventure Park Selva del Buffardello", in San Romano in Garfagnana, offering canopy tours, with harnesses and safety nets (open daily, visit);
- For walking or horseback riding exercises, I recommend two riding:
1) "Stream Ranch" (near the mountains), in Bagni di Lucca, via the Brenner 1, Ponte a Diana, phone 0039 347 688 86 61, poor knowledge of the English language, there are ponies available, but good horses, also for children;
2) "Our West" (in the plain of Lucca), in Mutigliano, Church Street X, phone 0039 347 859 91 54, good knowledge of the English language, there are ponies, but good horses. also for children.
ON THE COAST:
- The beaches of Versilia, 30 km from Lucca: from Viareggio to Forte dei Marmi, you can choose between a large number of beach resorts, which offer various services, such as bars, hot shower, and some pool;
- Massaciuccoli lake, 25 km from Lucca: is a nature reserve, with routes and locations for birdwatching (near the village of Massaciuccoli); on the west bank of the lake is the town of Torre del Lago, where he lived the famous composer Giacomo Puccini.
RESTAURANTS (best to book):
- "Butterfly", in Ponte a Moriano, via the Brenner, 192, just before the roundabout access to the country, tel.
+ 39 0583 307573 / + 39 339 4680514. Closed Wednesdays. Menu of meat and fish.
- In the historical center of Lucca there are some good "restaurants" that offer typical. They suggest two:
"Ancient Grocery", Lucca, via Elisa, 5/7. Open daily. Tel. +39 0583 467 732. Even pizzeria;
"From Giulio Pelleria", Lucca, Via delle Conce, 45. Usually closed on Sundays (open only the third Sunday of the month). Tel. +39 0583 55948.
- In Viareggio and Versilia there are excellent seafood restaurants, including:
"Da Romano", Viareggio, Via Mazzini, 122. Closed lunedì.Tel. +39 0584 31382.
"By George", Viareggio, Via Zanardelli (corner IV Novembre). Closed Wednesdays. Tel. +39 44 493 0584.
"Lombardi", Torre del Lago, Via Aurelia, 127. Closed Tuesday. Tel. +39 0584 341 044.
Another is located near Pietrasanta: "La Dogana", Capezzano Pianore, Via delle Pianore, 20. Closed all day Monday and Tuesday for lunch. Tel. +39 0584 915 159. Even menu of meat and pizzeria.