Beautiful, detached, 115 m2 of living space on 376 m2 of land next to Marina.
- english, french, german, spanish, italian, dutch
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Very pleasant house in a great location
The Zuwe vacation house is a clean and comfortable house with a very private and roomy backyard.
The bedroom layout is unusual, 2 single bedrooms are accessed through a double bedroom, but the beds and pillows are all very comfortable. The full bathroom upstairs is roomy with a nice shower.
The kitchen is well stocked (cookware, dinnerware, flatware etc) for home cooked meals.
The location is great for day trips, most places are within an hours drive, for Amsterdam we suggest Amsterdam arena P&R, very easy. There is a website (I’m not allowed to post a link) that explains how you can park for €1 and get cheap public transport tickets into the center of town.
If you would like to spend a day on the water, Ottenhome has several options for boat rentals.
One minor inconvenience is that the parking is in the Ottenhome parking lot, which does tend to completely fill up during corporate events. These events never lasted past 9:00pm, and we didn’t experience noise or other nuisance other than the parking.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Kortenhoef and wouldn’t hesitate to rent the house again.
Spacious house with a garden
This was our first trip to the Netherlands. The house was just right for us and the three teenage boys. The boys even got their own rooms! Getting to Amsterdam is easy with a car and a short ride on a commuter train. If we had more time, we would have tried boat rental next door and beach nearby. Thank you, Yolanda and please thank your valiant 9 year old helper!
Clean, comfortable, good location
Good location for visiting Amsterdam and nearby towns. Loved that we were at a marina. Lovely sunsets. Good food at dockside. The house is very private and suitable for a vacation from the city. The only drawback was that the shower was on the second floor and the stairs were very steep and narrow which made it difficult for us elderly grandparents. However, the grandkids loved their separate cozy bedrooms just off their parents room upstairs. Yolanda was most helpful and welcoming.
The home itself is in a very serene spot. The lake is beautiful and the backyard is relaxing in the afternoon sun. We were literally 30 minutes away from downtown Amsterdam and its many attractions. Driving was easy, at least until you got into the middle of the city. The Keukenhof was also easy to reach by car.
Thank you Yolanda for making our Spring Break memorable.
Wonderful experience just a short ride from other great cities
We are a family of 6 who got the best of both worlds: retreat excursion and cities. Yolanda was very helpful and reliable. The house was perfectly stocked and the amenities are great. Nice decor and great to have a real house to stay in! Here is why we loved it:
1) SURPRISE-- a water front, full & excellent restaurant/bar is on the other side of the marina--which is outside the home fence. 1 minute walk. Don't want to cook? Want to try amazing dishes? It's right there at Ottenhome (the community restaurant outdoor adventure club). Want to grab a drink with your hubby and walk home? EASY. Loved the kipje sate (hope that's spelled right), it's an Indonesian chicken sate. Also loved the ribs! Again, it was an added bonus.
2) The views from outside the house in the marina were gorgeous. Beautiful sunsets at the fenced marina are outside the house, literally. In the charming grassy backyard, you can sit on the relaxing patio chairs and benches to relax without water access risks for children.
3) Short (I think around 12 min) rides into Amsterdam by your own car (parking is free in lot by house) and Utrecht. Great cities but also very busy. We wanted to experience the real charm of the Netherlands. The homes around this community are darling and we felt like we got to enjoy more than what we would have just in Amsterdam. We also loved our trip to Gouda.
4) Adventure! We took the family on a canal boat ride. No license needed. You can get a row boat super cheap (like 10 Euros) but we opted for the motorized one that was around 95Euro for 3 hours, prices vary can be cheaper or more. The boats and kayaks are right outside the fence of the house for rent at the Ottenhome club. Easy, super fun and convenient.
5) Master downstairs. Upstairs has 2 single mattress bedrooms with doors that close, other 1 bedroom is a large open area in front of those doors after turning left from stairs with a full bed or 2 twins.
Things to consider:
1) There is a very steep staircase. Our kids did navigate it well, but it initially freaked me out. If a child is under 3, I would ask the owner the height of the handrail to ensure that your child could actually hold on to it while climbing up.
2) You do probably need a car to enjoy all of the wonderful cities around the area IF you are going for more than a few days. IF your hope is to have a short retreat, you could totally hang at the marina restaurant and do water activities and relax in the backyard. THANK YOU AGAIN!
This is a fantastic location, amazing scenery
This was our second stay was better than the first because we knew exactly what Yolanda's house is like.
The house is extremely comfortable, spacious and welcoming and is set in superb lakeside setting and although it was late November going December it is beautiful, must be stunning in the summer!
Yolanda is a fantastic host ensuring our stay went without issue.
Cannot recommend Yolanda's house enough
Dear Pat and friends,
Thank you all that you've been our quest. We will welcome you some other time again! We wish you all the best! Kindest regards, Yolanda
Our immediate neighbors Ottenhome (www. Otten home. Nl), you can rent boats and sailboats at favorable rates also opens for lunch and dinner. Other recommended restaurants within walking distance near the Holiday Zuwe include, Restaurant Geesje (http: // www brasseriegeesje com /..), Pub Duck (http: // www eetcafedeeend en..) And The Sloop (http: // www. desloep. com /). Sound and Vision in Hilversum Media City (www. Image noise. Nl) is located approximately 10 minutes drive. Also you can find the programs Gravelandse outside places about 10 minutes from home De Zuwe. There are beautiful hiking and biking and boating. For example you can rent a boat at our neighbors Ottenhome (reception 50 meters) and make wonderful shipping lanes in the lake district of Loosdrecht. You can also sail. Do not hesitate to contact us. We can help you with information and ideas.