|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
* 3 bedrooms/1 bathroom + outdoor shower
* Sleeps 6
* 1100 sq. ft.
* Pets welcome
* Skandinavian-style home designed by Norwegian sculptor Ellen Bang
* Organic elements (white pickled wood & natural Indian slate tile) and profuse natural light
* Open floor plan, kitchen open to living room
* Dining table seats 4, expands to 6
* Additional stool seating for 3 @ butcher block kitchen peninsula
* 336 sq ft deck, overlooking a fish pond and set with dining table & chairs
* Propane grill (@ bottom of stairs to deck)
* A/C in living room, ceiling fans in all other rooms
* Cable TV & stereo
* Wireless internet
* House is set back 300 ft from a quiet, residential road, down a long clam-shell driveway
* 1 of 3 separate and private rental homes on this large wooded compound, all spaced, oriented and landscaped to afford maximum privacy
* In addition to private outdoor space, access to compound’s large shared central green
* Fully winterized (forced hot air heat & glass-window wood stove)
Two week stay, first time and loved it! Bedroom upstairs could use the AC unit in downstairs window. We showered outside in the perfectly private shower most of the time. The front porch is heavenly for coffee in the morning or cocktails at night. Will definitely comeback!
We had a great time during our family vacation!! The home was in great condition with plenty of space for us all to relax. If you are looking to be on the island but not in the crazy tourist area of Oaks Bluff, this is the spot for you :)
Beautiful, well maintained property, lovely grounds, homey and comfortable cottage which was spotless, great location. My husband and I enjoyed walking to town, and the Tashmoo beach is very close by, although driving there is the better option. We had a wonderful week and look forward to returning to the cottage in the near future. Gary is a concerned and helpful landlord and lives on the property. Highly recommend a stay there.
The cottage and big house were perfect for our family gathering last summer. The lawn in between the homes allowed us to play badminton and frisby, the kitchens and grills were top notch and we were just around the corner from Town Beach. It was a vacation that we'll remember forever.
This was the first time I have stayed on this part of the Island, and I loved every minute. The location of Tashmoo Cottage was great, and it was clean, comfortable, and very nice. Being able to bring my dog was a real plus and I hope to stay at Tashmoo again this summer. I would recommend this cottage to everybody!
Closest beach = Lake Tashmoo Beach.
It is 1.3 miles through the forest on an enchanting dirt road to this secluded beach. Tashmoo Beach-goers have access to shallow, brackish “Lake Tashmoo” on one side and a lifeguard patrolled (during the summer) cooler and deeper ocean beach on the other. One of the Vineyard’s best beaches!
All of Vineyard Haven is at your fingertips!
* 0.5 miles to Mink Meadows Golf Course
* 0.6 miles to Owen Park
* 0.7 miles Tisbury Town Beach
* 0.9 miles to Wilfred’s Pond Preserve
* 1.0 miles Downtown Vineyard Haven
* 1.2 miles to Katharine Cornell Theater
* 1.3 miles to Tashmoo Beach
* 1.3 miles to The Vineyard Playhouse (theater)
* 1.3 miles to Stop & Shop Supermarket
* 1.3 miles to Vineyard Haven Harbor & Steamship Authority Dock
* 1.3 miles to The world-famous Black Dog Tavern
* 1.4 miles to Cronig's health food store
* 1.8 miles to West Chop Lighthouse
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
Vehicle ferry reservations available (with reimbursement of $157 ticket price) for following weeks:
July 23-30, 2016
July 30-Aug 6, 2016
Aug 6-13, 2016