About the property
- Apartment1700 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 - 7 nights
Apartment, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 3 Baths, (Sleeps 6)
IF YOUR DATES ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN THIS APARTMENT, CHECK THE SISTER UNIT WITH BASICALLY THE IDENTICAL FLOOR PLAN IN THE SAME BUILDING LISTED AS THE STUNNING CITY VIEW APARTMENT VRBO LISTING 1024063 . IT IS ONE FLOOR BELOW THIS APARTMENT.
A beautiful apartment in downtown Oaxaca. You are walking distance to the zocalo (town square). Shops and restaurants are plentiful and varied. You'll be tempted to spend more time than you should sipping margaritas on your city view terrace with the world famous Monte Alban in the background.
The apartment is located in a safe and secure neighborhood at the Northwest edge of the Centro Historico. Museums, art galleries, cathedral, churches and historic landmarks are within easy walking distance.
We try to take care of our guests not only when they are in their beautiful apartment, but also when they are out on the town. We know that any new town can be confusing. To help, we give our guest the use of a local cell phone and contact numbers for those moments when you find yourself on a street corner, wondering which way to go or where a good restaurant is in the area. The local cell phone also eliminates those nasty 7000 dollar a minute roaming charges that were never quite explained correctly by your carrier.
The owner, lives 5 minutes from the apartment and is available to answer your questions about the city or arrange anything from private tours to cooking lessons for his guests. After living almost 14 years in Oaxaca, Anthony has extensive knowledge of the language schools and their programs and would be happy to help with any information you might need to help you decide on the best school for you.
Come and see us. We think you'll love the place.
Add $25 per day for private cook. Ask for details.
Rental Rules/ Contract
Casa de Emily
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. LOCAL TIME AND CHECK OUT IS 12 PM..
2. This is a NO SMOKING PERMITTED inside the apartment apartment. Smoking is allowed on the terraces.
3. No Pets are permitted in rental without prior approval. .
4. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
5. DAMAGE/ DEPOSIT- The owner reserves the right to require a $500.00 damage deposit depending on the number of children to occupy the unit. The deposit, if required, may be paid upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to apartment or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. No linens are lost or damaged.
6. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required . The advance payment will be applied toward the apartment rent. The advance payment is not a damage deposit. The BALANCE OF RENT is due fourteen (14) days before your arrival date.
7. CANCELLATIONS – Casa de Emily gives a full or prorated refund up to the date arrival for any dates that can be rerented. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit unless you have purchased travel insurance which provides for trip interruption.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests for this unit is limited to (5) persons. All quotations are base on the number of guests stated on the initial inquiry form unless written communications alter that number of guests.
THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A SEVEN (7) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY..
9. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than seven days, the guest will be charged the seven-night rate.
10. INCLUSIVE FEES- all utilities, drinking water and linens are included in the rental rate.
11. ONCE WEEKLY MAID SERVICE – Linens and bath towels are included in the apartment as is once a week maid service. Additional maid service may be acquired at $25.00 per visit.
12. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice but not within a paid reservation time frame.
13. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
14. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
15. Parking – Parking is limited to one (1) vehicle. Other vehicles may park on the street.
16. The owners of the rental are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
By Signing Below, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, Spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
I have been living and building in Oaxaca City for the last 13 years. My wife and 3 children were all born in this magical town. My inlaws have lived in the Oaxaca valley for many generations and dedicate thenselves to the productions of the colchas (hand woven bedspreads) and other hand loomed items. I spend my time building homes and apartment buildings, and when time permits, giving guided tours to my favorite locations.
Owner purchased this Apartment in 1999
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Amazing views, great interior and exterior space that invites celebration and rest.
Anthony, the owner followed through on each request we had in a timely and honest way. That was refreshing. There were six adults in this house for seven nights. This home provided perfect communal times together as well as ample space for our alone time. We cooked our own breakfast each morning and the kitchen had all the utensils and appliances we needed. The roof top terrace was perfect for an evening "happy hour" for good conversations and enjoying the views of the city. We chose to walk most places and we found it easy to get to central Oaxaca, to shop, eat and enjoy the journey along the way. Lastly, there were several little grocery stores very close to the home where we could get water, eggs, and other items needed for breakfast. On Saturday night, after six days in this location, we all agreed we were glad we chose this home and would stay here again.
Relaxing and felt at home in this lovely penthouse.
Loved the view and the location. We enjoyed the walk to town. Even the walk back was fine although we did take a taxi plenty of times at night. Well equipped. So relaxing, roof top garden space is lovely for sunset and BBQ. Anthony was great, very helpful and quick to respond. We definitely recommend this place and would stay here again .
It's All About The View
My husband and I spent five nights at this lovely apartment and the best part was returning in the evening to eat our dinner while looking over the city, as the temperatures cooled and the lights came on. Wonderful! After the first day, we learned to go to bed early because by six o'clock the crowing roosters and barking dogs had us fully awake. It takes approximately 30 minutes to walk to most parts of the downtown and from there you can explore those sights or head out on excursions throughout the valley. We did most of our grocery shopping at the market and small stores. The apartment is well set up, spacious and comfortable. As the photos indicate, the living area design is elegant, light and appealing. Anthony was most helpful and responded quickly to questions and requests.
I'm sorry about the morning barking. Street dogs are a problem all over the city especially in spring.
A Gem in Oaxaca
Anthony was quick and considerate with communication prior to our arrival. Unfortunately, he was very busy, so we were not able to meet him. During our stay, Anthony was kind and considerate, and that was much appreciated. Anthony was also very attentive, and he had his daughter meet us at the apartment upon our arrival. She gave us a tour of the apartment, which was nice of her. Anthony quickly addressed a couple of minor problems during our stay. He also arranged a driver for us to make a couple of day trips and transport to the airport. The upscale apartment is well-maintained, attractive, and has a stunning view of Oaxaca. The apartment and rooftop terrace are nice, clean, comfortable, furnished nicely, and well maintained. The apartment is in a great location and is about a 15-minute walk to central Oaxaca. Overall, we had a great stay in Anthony’s apartment, and we simply loved Oaxaca.
The condo was beautifully maintained; cleaned twice during our stay. Awesome Views.
The property looks exactly as pictured. A great relaxing home away from home. Also, Anthony arranged for a delicious traditional 4 course Oaxacan dinner. "Super Yummy ".
Great space, great view, greAt landlord. Hated the stairs.
Perfect location, close to everything and great tiendas and cafe Brujula doors away.