|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
A small spot for relaxation and the enjoyment of the beauty of nature. The cabin is situated right on the creek for easy access for swimming or kayaking. Convenient to Roaring Run State Park and the national Forest. 30 miles to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
This cabin features three bedrooms, dining room, living room, and kitchen. Hammock and fire ring in yard. Gas logs in living room. Available year round. Fishing in a trout stocked creek on property!
Please note that this rental is a rustic summer cabin. We heat with gas logs and a wall heater. If your expectations are camping, you will be very happy. There will be bugs, especially if lights are left on at night. There's an occasional mouse that finds it's way in when the local black snake doesn't get it. 10% of our guests feel that that the cabin is not up to their cleanliness standards. The other 90% are fine with the condition. If you think you are in that 10% of folks with high cleanliness standards, this might not be the place for you. There are some cobwebs and the occasional bug. this place is cleaned by a man who's not to good at it. As long time campers, we love it!
Just a regular guy who brews beer at home. From Waynesboro but currently live in Blacksburg. Like most people we are busy which is why we like to head to the cabin whenever we can for some R and R.
Jeff Bowles purchased this cabin in 2001
If you are looking for quit and restful, this is the place. Not for fancy pants! Sometimes we have a mouse and there's an interesting assortment of insects especially in the summer. Most of them make good bait!
On a clear night you can see the milky way from the hot tub!
A great location and a great place. I did a December weekend with my wife, Dad, and brothers when unexpected cold weather derailed a previously planned camping trip. The cabin kept us warm, dry, and entertained. Experienced campers will find this place to be luxurious. Comfortable beds, a functional and well-stocked kitchen, and a beautiful creekside setting. It might not be appropriate for someone looking for all modern conveniences available, but then why rent a cabin if it's got everything you've got at home? I will rent it again and will recommend it to others.
My family and I stayed here and it was an amazing experience. It's a perfect location. We had 5 of our 6 kids with us and they went tubing all day when they weren't hiking or climbing down falling spring falls!! We had so many memory making experiences. The cabin was perfect for us. Lots of room. Great having full kitchen available for our use.. We will be back this July for a full week this time. You know its a great place when all your kids are sad when we had to leave.. They is wifi there but we turned it off so our kids could experience the true nature of the are. They still talk about the cabin and our trip to this day and can't wait to go back! We recommend this cabin to anyone who loves mature at its best. Thanks from the Easter family.
My family, with 16 and 18 y/o daughters, stayed for 5 days in July.
• Gorgeous setting, mountain views (sunsets!), birds and other wildlife, very large yard.
• Games/puzzles, 2 TVs, outdoor games, hammock, huge fire pit (wood provided), outdoor chairs and table.
• Quiet and peaceful. Watching herons, egrets, and geese in the mornings was bliss!
• Clean enough for a cabin - no bugs, mice (alive or otherwise), or other unwelcome critters indoors.
• Hiked the falls at Roaring Run (.61 mile), and there is a longer trail available. Only 1-2 miles from cabin!
• Less than ½ hr from water sports in Buchanan (tubing, kayaking, etc.) and close to some sweet little towns that we enjoyed exploring (info in cabin).
• Functional kitchen with water cooler. AC and ceiling fans worked great!
• Jeff responded quickly to many questions before and during our stay.
• In 5 days, we literally had wifi for a total of about 3 hours. It was nice to not have the family staring at their phones, but we had to go to the main road when access was necessary.
• Hot tub was mostly clean. It had a greenish tint on the bottom and an algae odor but wasn’t slick or slimy. Husband wouldn’t get in it, but the kids did.
• The water STINKS (iron ore/minerals)! When showering or washing dishes, the smell is strong, but otherwise, it wasn’t an issue.
• Back bedroom and bath slope slightly.
• About 1/2 hour to a real grocery store. A convenience store is 10-15 minutes.
• This cabin is actually USED by the owner. Don’t be surprised to find their stuff there!
• Sofas/futons are worn but serviceable.
• Some listed amenities are no longer there (boat, raft, kayak). The owner advised of this before we rented, but the listing needs to be updated.
This is not a hotel, but it is a peaceful (and quirky) retreat and a base for hiking, exploring, and water sports – MUCH better than a hotel! I would recommend this cabin to friends who enjoy spending time in nature and/or with family/friends and aren’t interested in the trappings, but the experience. We were planning an anniversary weekend this fall but discovered the $50 cleaning fee is the same for 1 night or a week which makes the nightly rate pricey. Also, we’re a little concerned about the hot tub … Still hope to return with the family in the future.
The cabin was great and the views were even better but it was not a great weekend. There should really have been notice that there is a campsite 6 feet away from the cabin. 10 plus people partying does make this place quite at all. The campers had dogs that barked all day and screaming children running around. The neighbors kept walking through our yard and really making it an uncomfortable experience. The campers stole our kindling and let their dog run around freely to pee around the yard. They let their kids run and jump on the cabin's hammock. The campers came over twice and asked for some of the wood that came with the cabin. I understand that camping is a communal experience and we would have went to a tent site if we wanted that experience but we wanted peace and quiet and got none.
Most was nice with a rustic feel. The views were great. The biggest problem that I had that isn't mentioned in the posting, is that there is a campsite within 6 feet of the cabin that had 10+ people there with typical partying and loud kids. The campers had dogs barking all day and at times let them walk around freely so they could urinate all over our site. The campers next door kept walking through the cabin site and swinging on the hammock. They even came over and stole our kindling and asked for wood later. It totally ruined the experience and the weekend. If you are looking for a quiet time, it will not be had here.
Sunset over the mountains with a beautiful mountain stream reflecting! Definitely going back. Hot tub was hot and clean. Beds fresh with high count sheets. Water a bit funky but there's an iron forge at the nearby state park, Roaring Run, that explains that. Wish I had a Kayak!
Quiet location in the blue ridge on Craig's Creek five miles from where it enters the James River. Near Roaring Run, a trout stream with a state recreation area 3/4 mile from cabin. Within one hours drive to Roanoke, Blacksburg and Covington. Hammock, hot tub, swimming, canoeing, tubing, fishing and a fire ring.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest|
$50 fee if cancelled 30 days before date of booking.
One nights rental if cancelled two weeks before first night for 2 to 3 night rentals. Over three night rental cancelled 1/2 of rental fee forfeited.
Cleaning fee only refunded if within two weeks of rental.
Paypal or check.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.