About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
- The INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE;
- Our STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday;
- Our BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location;
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY;
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards;
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES;
PRIVATE STRUCTURE. Dalmanutha (Dalmanuta in Italian) is an old biblical city on the Sea of Galilee, mentioned in the Gospel of Mark, where Jesus went with his disciples to rest after feeding the four thousand. The owners were inspired by this episode to give the house its name (Dalmanuta), designating it as a place to regenerate the senses and where the hectic pace of every day life seems far away. It could not be otherwise. Silence and nature reign supreme in the well-kept park with infinity pool and, in the living areas set up under the two porches communicating with the kitchen and living room, you can fully appreciate and enjoy the wild, rural scenery of the Umbrian countryside that stretches as far as the eye can see. Inside the house, originally an old farmhouse that has been renovated and enlarged, local natural materials predominate: terracotta floors, travertine on the bathroom walls and solid wooden ceiling beams. Then there is the basic décor which is at the same time elegant and refined, in both the furnishings and the colours, decorating the rooms without encumbering them and creating an intimate and harmonious picture. Travel to the most beautiful art cities of central Italy is easy: Perugia, Todi, Orte and Orvieto. In Marsciano, or in the neighbouring villages, you can find all necessary services: supermarkets, shops with local products and wonderful old town centres where you can stroll through the tiny streets and alleys and sample traditional dishes in the little characteristic restaurants.
The house has two floors, connected internally by a terracotta staircase. The main entrance on the ground floor leads into the dining room and then, on the right, to the well-equipped, eat-in kitchen and, on the left, to the comfortable living room with fireplace. Both the dining room and the living room open out onto one of the two porches whilst the other one is connected to the kitchen. Completing the floor is a double bedroom with access to the garden and a bathroom with shower. The first floor consists of a double bedroom with ensuite bathroom with tub, a double bedroom with divisible bed and ensuite bathroom with shower and a single bedroom with additional single bed and ensuite bathroom with shower.
The park of the property covers 8000 sq m, 6000 of which planted with olive trees whilst the rest forms the luxuriant garden which, following the sloping terrain, is distributed on two terracings with the parking area and the swimming pool on the higher one and the house on the lower one. Rows of stone walls and hedges delimit the different areas enlivened by olive trees, maples, oaks, cypresses and flowering herbs, roses and broom, illuminated at night and connected by brick stairways. You can play at the poolside, read a good book in the sitting area with chairs and rattan sofa set up under one of the two porches or enjoy alfresco meals under the second porch with wood oven. Just inside the automatic iron gate is an open air parking area and a garage but you can also drive up to the house along a paved ramp.
The infinity pool, overlooking the landscape, is located on terracing higher than the house in a quiet, discreet corner, ideal for long relaxing moments. It can be reached either via a short ramp of steps or, up a few steps, along a path bordered by cypress trees. Rectangular-shaped, it measures 6 x 12 m with the depth varying from 1.30 m 2.30 m; it has chlorine purification and is lined in PVC. Access to the water is by Roman steps in an original fan shape in one of the corners. There is internal lighting and also external lighting in the 100 sq m solarium area, paved in terracotta and equipped with sunbeds, deckchairs and a large umbrella. A few metres away, down a few steps, is a bathroom and changing room.
Yes, small sized. fee per animal per week to be paid on site
(We remind that the herein contained information and any possible updates are to be attested by the Property Manager).
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- english, french, german, spanish, russian, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 20, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
A beautiful luxurious and quiet spot
We wanted somewhere to essentially go and do nothing in great comfort and it worked out beautifully. Its basically a big solidly built modern house (I think part of the core is old) with everything you might hope to find, much of it essentially brand new. The pool is delightful - its not heated but in hot weather that really doesn't matter. The views are lovely and there is a lot of space - the fig trees were ready while we were there in August. We had a very friendly welcome - the only real caveat would be that there isn't much information on what to do in English (though there is Wifi so that doesn't really matter).
There is a proper castle/hill village at the top of the slightly vertiginous drive - the windy road down to the markets and supermarkets in Marsciano is lovely - can't really talk about the area as by design we only had two days out to Todi and Spoleto which are easily accessible and both extraordinary. This isn't a really tourist area but even with limited Italian we got by without any difficulties and its very beautiful.
Not cheap but nonetheless good value. FYI for us it was about 2.5 hours from Florence airport
Location The house is located in San Venanzo, on the slopes of Mount Peglia and in the centre of an area characterized by extensive woodland and fertile plains. The origins of the borgo date back to the eighth century, at the height of the Byzantine period, as can be seen by the various medieval castles including San Vito in Monte, Civitella dei Conti, Rotecastello and Collelungo, this latter just a few metres from the house. Its strategic location, between Orvieto, Perugia and Todi, makes it easy to get to places of great interest, not only in Umbria but also in southern Tuscany. With the E45 highway, perfect for local trips but also for longer journeys as it connects with the A1 Rome-Florence motorway, towns such as Terni, Assisi, Foligno and Gubbio are all reachable in less than an hour, as are smaller but equally interesting places like Città della Pieve, Spello, the villages of Lake Trasimeno, Cortona and Montepulciano. In Marsciano you can find services, shops and restaurants and, in addition to large supermarkets, facilities for tennis and horse riding.
Additional information about rental rates
- To be paid at the time of booking: 25% as DEPOSIT (non-refundable) calculated on the listed price; - To be paid within 60 days prior to the beginning of lease: 75% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card. 5,9% Emma Villas Commissions INCLUDED in the final price of the reservation: this includes costs for opening and management of the practice, customer assistance service 7 days per week, agency commission, EUROP ASSISTANCE POLICY to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay). At your arrival will be requested (by the property owner) the damage deposit (totally refundable in case of no damages at the end of the stay). Damage Deposit: 500,00€ The price includes: fully cleaned property equipped with linens utilities (electricity - water - gas for kitchen use) The price does not include: heating (on consumption up to date market prices)