|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Whenever, your vacation plans are being made... or a wedding is in the planning - it is a good plan to secure your time at Clemons' Cottage. Once you have decided that the Outer Banks and Roanoke Island area are to be your destination, reserve your dates for the comfort of a cottage nestled in the quaint historic Manteo waterfront area on Roanoke Island. You get to be private yet convenient to all this area has to offer.
Roanoke Island, the Town of Manteo, and Clemons' Cottage are the perfect places from which to explore the Outer Banks of North Carolina. You have a days adventure in either direction ... south to Ocracoke and Hatteras Island...north to Corolla and Duck...or...simply leave the car parked at the cottage and stroll to all of the historic areas of waterfront downtown Manteo and Roanoke Island Festival Park.
But remember, there is only one Clemons' Cottage, so when you have determined your plans, it is a good idea to also secure those dates. We have taken reservations in as much as a year in advance.
Clemons' Cottage is the perfect retreat for enjoying this area and the Town of Manteo. If you plan to attend a wedding at the Elizabethan Gardens, we are a short ride away. If the wedding is at the Manteo Waterfront or anywhere in the Olde Towne Manteo, we are a short 'walk' away. If the reception might be at 108 Budleigh...we are but a pleasant stroll away and it is short miles to Mallards Marsh, Roanoke Island's newest reception site.
Clemons' Cottage is indeed in the heart of town, yet so private. Fourth of July is a magical time, with the ship Elizabeth II lolling in the water and the fireworks overhead. Makes you realize how it all came about. You will be walking distance to all of the festivities. Most any reason is a good reason to visit Roanoke Island and the Town of Manteo.
When planning your vacation, secure your reserved time as soon as you know your dates. No concern for hurricanes as Clemons' Cottage guarantees full refund of evacuated dates whenever mandatory evacuation is ordered for Roanoke Island.
Clemons'Cottage is located on the corner of Budleigh and Uppowoc Streets, next to a two story historic house. Years ago this charming cottage was moved to the site from the shores of the Outer Banks and thereafter served as home to many of the original families on Roanoke Island.
Now it has been transformed into an enchantingly private cottage for visitors to our island and carries with it a true island experience. Hopefully, it will become 'your island cottage' in the years ahead, as an annual vacation holiday destination on Roanoke Island. Clemons' Cottage is a non-smoking dwelling.
From the back porch, there is a picket-fenced yard with shade trees. Here is where your island chairs await you. It is a perfect setting in which to relax and reflect on your day's activities and to contemplate your adventure for tomorrow
Your pet is welcome to join you, but must never be left unattended unless in his/her own travel kennel. Of course, when exercised on the grounds or in the area, you will pick up after him/her. There is a pet fee.
Clemons'Cottage is within walking distance to downtown Manteo and the waterfront. From this location, you may walk along the waterfront where all manner of restaurant is to be found, as well as, a luxurious full-service spa, art dealers, jewelers, potters, quality specialty shops, and museums. An early AM stroll to the Coffee House for its many options of coffee or tea, along with some very fine pastries. Stop at the Manteo Bookseller across from the Coffee House.
It has the best ambiance of all book shops - pick out a book or magazine from a vast selection for all ages. Bike paths extend the length of Roanoke Island. The Pioneer Theatre is a block and a half away, with movies nightly at 8:00. Nearby grocery stores are reasonable and fully stocked at all times. Everything in historic Manteo is a step away and the cottage provides a secluded haven following your walk or day's adventure.
Roanoke Island Festival Park is also close by and well within walking distance. In addition to the tour of the Elizabeth II ship, Museum, and Museum shop,indoor features provide entertainment on a rainy or blustery day. During the summer months, the park has concerts on a regular schedule. Roanoke Island Festival Park is a genuine hub of Roanoke Island activity. You will feel welcomed by the congenial staff and friendly volunteers.
We have enjoyed the preparation and decoration of this enchanting cottage for your comfort and pleasure. There is a selection of DVDs and VCR tapes for you and your children available in the cottage to enjoy while visiting. We enjoy our guests and look forward to your visit with us.
Keywords: Cottage, beach cottage, manteo, Roanoke Island, adorable, cozy, vacation rental, , island, historic village, historic, Outer Banks, holiday weekend rental, vacation weekly rental, wedding, North Carolina
love the cottages--love manteo--I think you will too
sharon watson purchased this cottage in 2008
quaint, amazing location blocks to the historic waterfront,
We loved Clemons Cottage. The owner certainly has a decorating flair. It was the most beautifully decorated of any place we have ever stayed. It is a small cottage, especially the kitchen area but was workable for the two of us with our fur babies for a week. What can I say about Manteo - we really fell in love with this little town we had never heard of. It was great for walking the dogs and for us to bike and go out for our morning run. Every single person we met was so friendly and welcoming. We biked out to the end of the island twice and I think took in everything it had to offer. The cottage was clean and the bed was super comfortable. If we return we hope to rent from Sharon again, perhaps at one of her other beautiful properties. She also has a boat you can stay on!
Awful is an understatement for our stay! We arrived 6/19 & by 6/21 we packed the car & left. We scheduled to be there for an entire week & barely survived 48 hours.
1. Upon arriving we couldn't find where to park because the entrance is so overgrown. We had to ask the neighbors where we were suppose to find the "off-street" parking.
2. The cottage looks NOTHING like the pictures. Paint was chipping & peeling off the fence/house. (The maintenance guy showed up on Monday 6/20 to start scraping & painting the fence - the fact that this was occurring while guests were there is unbelievable. Then for him to leave the paint/tarps laying on the sidewalk when he wasn't there 2/3 of the day so we had to cross the street to use a sidewalk is even more unbelievable.) The garden was completely overgrown & weeds everywhere. The steps up to the cottage were a tripping hazard. The patio furniture was covered in cobwebs & falling apart. We had to clean for us to be able to sit outside.
3. The so-called bikes that were available to use were at the back of the cottage and hidden by the overgrown trees. The first bike had a seat with chunks missing from it. The second bike's handlebars were completely rusted. Both bikes covered in cobwebs.
Let's go inside the cottage...
4. The smell, OH MY GOD THE SMELL! A mixture of cat urine and mold. I have never smelled something so horrible.
5. The kitchen - every piece of silverware in the drawer was covered in crusted old food. The soap dispenser had water instead of soap in it. GROSS!
6. The living area - stains all over the furniture. We had to put beach towels on the furniture in order to sit down it was so dirty. There's a paper plate screwed to the wall that was painted the same color as the wall. I don't even want to know what's behind it! The carpet felt so dirty we refused to walk barefoot.
7. The decor looked like something out of the house that time forgot. Random knickknacks everywhere. The bookshelf contained a bible with a Playboy book right next to it - need I say more.
8. The bedrooms - The most uncomfortable bed ever.
9. The bathroom - Mold on the ceiling. Bath towels stained with black marks & lord knows what else. Sand in the bottom of the tub from the previous guests.
Interestingly enough someone left a review on 6/26 which is one day after we were supposed to leave. Hard to believe someone else had a 5-star stay when we found the conditions to be unbearable for less than 48 hours!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Manteo at the Clemons Cottage. The cottage was very cozy and in a great location, walking distance to downtown Manteo restaurants, shops, and waterfront. Cottage was clean, decorated superbly, and the bed was so comfortable. Location was convenient to everything the Outer Banks has to offer.
We loved our visit at Clemmons Cottage. So cute and well decorated. Furnished with everything we needed. We slept well and loved walking around Manteo. We met some interesting people in town. We drove down to Ocracoke one day and so nice to come back to a comfy bed.
We loved our stay in Manteo and at Clemons Cottage.
We're so glad you welcome pets as it was one of the main reasons we decided to stay at Clemons Cottage. We really didn't want to leave our two dogs at a kennel. The cottage is exactly as advertised with a great location. Sharon was very responsive and great to work with. Thank you for a lovely visit to Manteo.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 16 2016 - Sep 30 2016
3 night minimum stay
Oct 1 2016 - Dec 31 2016
3 night minimum stay
Book online: https://www.clemonscottage.com/Let_s_Make_a_Reserva.html
linens for bedrooms and bath INCLUDED in rate
departure clean INCLUDED in rate
Credit cards accepted Cancellation policy: reservation fully refundable up to 30 days prior to arrival. Within 30 days refunds will be given for rebooked dates
evacuated dates refunded for announced evacuation of Roanoke Island
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.