Max guests: 8
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Property has so much potential but a little disappointing
This property is in a quiet beautiful neighbourhood. It has lots of potential but I found some things concerning.
1. No one was there to officially check us in. Had to wait an hour for someone to arrive. A list of all utensils and property hadn't been printed before we checked in. The owner had not told us that she wouldn't be there to welcome us. Instead there was a girl called Anna who then called someone to let them know we had arrived
2. Electricity goes at 5am and comes back at 10pm so all day without electricity despite there being a huge diesel generator on the property. An inverter for lights only was sometimes turned on around 6pm. We had to ask several times for the generator to be turned on.
I recommend installing solar panels so that there's power all day long. When the power went, wifi also turned off leaving us with no means of communication.
3. Tap water was available however it wasn't drinkable. It would have been good to be notified that we had to buy bottled water.
4. Wifi hadn't been organised prior to our arrival so we had no communication with relatives until that was sorted.
5. Rapid response security was supposedly there but no one showed us what to do if we had to use it
6. The old carpet in the living room needs to go. The tiles are beautiful, no need for an old carpet. Also a simple vacuum cleaner is required.
7. No one coming from overseas has time to do laundry by hand. The washing machine didnt work because of water pressure and frequent lengthy electricity cuts. If owners install solar panels to generate electrity that pumps water and allows for the normal usage of appliances then visitors can use a washing machine for laundry
8. Pool repairs were ongoing when we arrived. Even though they were completed 2 days later, we still were unable to use the pool as the water was dirty. So we never used the pool during our stay
9. Curtains in sitting rooms, dining room and bedrooms are very outdated. I would recommend simple sheer ceiling-to-floor curtains in all rooms
10. Owner communicated well before we left Australia but when we checked in, it was hard to get hold of her. I tried emailing about something but got no response. I called but again got no response. As a final resort I then lodged a complaint with Stayz customer care
Again I say, the property has so much potential but needs a few areas to be revisited.