The ROOM of SABOTIER "is a studio of 18 m² located in the neighborhood where existed 50 years ago, a shop clog maker.
The exterior facade consists of a canopy type artist's studio. It is surmounted by a garland of old hooves, gleaned on the roads of France. And positioned in the same way as the former clog makers' stalls.
Bucolic charm and sweetness of life guaranteed!
This studio is ideally located, at the foot of Castle CASTELNAUD (200 meters above), on a path of Saint Jacques de Compostela.
Style: marriage of old and modern + tradition and comfort.
Cottage in perfect condition: its complete renovation was completed in March 2018.
Located in the most QUIET part of the village.
Space very well arranged, and very bright studio (thanks to its large glass roof of + 3 meters long)
Exhibition: south facing
The town of Castelnaud (450 inhabitants) is among the MOST BEAUTIFUL VILLAGES of FRANCE.
Nestled just by the river, in the Valley of the 5 Castles, Castelnaud is only 10 km from the medieval town of Sarlat, in the heart of Black Périgord.
- Built-in kitchen: 2 ceramic hobs + extractor fan + mini fridge, microwave oven, plunging mixer, raclette service for 2 people, crockery.
- Bathroom: walk-in shower, WC, individual water heater
- Living-room: sofa bed (160 x 200 cm), wall-mounted TV, solid wood shelves, round tables (2), chairs (3), large wardrobe
- RESTAURANTS: 2 establishments within 100 meters
- SHOPS (bakery, butcher, grocery store, post office, CB dispenser, hairdresser, nurses ...) at 150 meters from the studio
- PICNIC tables by the river: 150 meters
- 3 large PARKINGS free and secure (video surveillance) at 30 and 50 and 200 meters from the cottage.
- Castles, manor houses, medieval villages, bastides, troglodyte villages ...
- Prehistoric Périgord, caves: Lascaux (39 km)
- Hanging Gardens, Nut Museum, climbing site (3 km)
- Beginning of 18 km bike path, hiking area ...
- Swimming in the river, boat, canoe ...
- Hot air balloons: flying over the village at sunrise and sunset (in season)
- Many museums
- Daily local markets (within 20 km)
- Sites of Rocamadour and Gouffre de Padirac (60 km)