The apartment "condessa LOFT" is ideally situated to know Lisbon. You are the neighborhood of Santa Catarina, in the historic center of the city. It is within 5 minutes walk from the famous nightlife of the Bairro Alto, 5 minutes shopping streets of Chiado, Baixa and Avenida da Liberdade, and 15 or 20 minutes from the Castle of Lisbon and the labyrinthine streets Alfama. You're really close to the most historical places and if you want to go further you also all transport nearby: metro (400m), buses, taxis, the typical tram 28 (100m) and lift Bica and also railway stations train (10 min) to the coast of Cascais and the beautiful town of Sintra.
It is a beautiful apartment, bright, spacious, with floor in varnished wood, elaborate ceilings on the first floor. It is an apartment with a large living room, a nice kitchen with corner meal, 2 bedrooms and a modern bathroom
The distribution of beds is:
- A large bedroom with a double bed.
- A small interior room with access from the other room or the bathroom, with twin beds.
- A large living room with double sofa bed and also a futon.
- There is also an extra bed that can be put in the bedroom or living room rand
The apartment is very well equipped for a comfortable stay, with all that you may need:
- Towels and sheets for all guests, hairdryer.
- A fully equipped kitchen with: washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, hob, oven, refrigerator with freezer, some basic products (salt, oil, etc.), toaster, kettle, coffee maker, Nespresso coffee, cooking utensils, iron and ironing board, etc.
- Bathroom with toilet and shower / bath.
- Heating - electric heating in every room and in the lounge.
- Cable TV with international channels (French included), some books and games, radio / CD, connection for MP3 player, internet with Wi-Fi (free).
You can easily take a taxi to the airport. From the airport to the apartment is 20 minutes by taxi and it costs less than 20 euros.
This apartment is registered officially with the Tourism of Portugal and respects the Portuguese laws on the seasonal hiring.
OTHER RENTAL INFORMATION:
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- The linen is provided (towels, duvets, sheets, ...). We will prepare beds for the number of guests indicated in the reservation.
- There is no cleaning service. We leave a stock of some items like toilet paper or detergent, but when it's over it's up to you to take more.
- Power Limitations - Apartments in older buildings do not have a lot of electrical energy unless the building has been renovated very recently. If you turn on too many heaters or other high-powered electrical equipment at the same time (such as washing machine, hair dryer, toaster, etc.) the main breaker will trip. This is normal and all you have to do is go to the electrical panel and replace the main breaker.
- Help save electricity! Turn off heaters, television, lights, and other electrical equipment when you are outside the home. In winter, live like a local - do not overheat the house!
- Houses in Lisbon do not usually have central heating. We use electric or gas heaters. We do not heat our homes much in winter, unlike other northern countries, because most old buildings are not well insulated and gas and electricity are very expensive. For us, it's very strange to be in a t-shirt and shorts in the house in winter. We wear warmer clothes and heat just enough to be comfortable.
SILENCE SCHEDULE AND GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD
- You can stay in this apartment only if you are neighbors respectful.
- It is obligatory to respect the SCHEDULE OF SILENCE. By Portuguese law you can not make neighborhood noise from 23:00 to 08:00. During this period it is strictly forbidden to make noise in the building (stairs, apartment, balconies, windows). No music or high TV, heels, scream, laugh and talk very loud, etc. Be particularly careful by gently closing the door from the building's street and up the stairs when you come back late at night. Even outside this time you should always pay attention to the neighbors. Remember that the sound insulation in these old buildings is very poor. Please avoid loud noises at all times. Parties are strictly forbidden.
- Always close the street door when entering or leaving the building.
- The apartment is on the first floor so some windows are close to the street level. Never leave windows open unattended. Close windows when you are outside and at night before going to bed to avoid burglars. Be especially careful to close the window of the KITCHEN
- Take the trash out, in a closed plastic bag. There are containers in the streets near the apartment. The bins are collected during the night.
- We are very flexible and will try to adapt to your arrival time. You can usually arrive from 11:30 to drop off your luggage and collect the keys. In any case, please note that the house may not be clean and ready before 3pm and 4pm and you should not stay there while cleaning. The only way to be sure of having the apartment ready early in the morning is to book the night before.
- We always try to arrive before you to the apartment and not to make you wait. But sometimes it's impossible, there are unforeseen or delays that are out of our control and we can not avoid. If that happens do not worry and thank you in advance for your understanding. No one has ever been left outside! :)
- For arrivals after 20:00, there is a "late arrival fee" of 10 € to be paid in cash to the person doing the check-in. For arrivals after 23:00 is 20 € and after 1:00 is 30 €.
- The latest possible to leave the apartment is at 11:00. From 11:00 the maids can arrive and enter the apartment. Sometimes it is possible to leave your luggage in the house until later. If you want to pack up the luggage until later than 11am, please check with us 1 or 2 days in advance.
- The apartment is on the first floor, no elevator like most old buildings in the center of Lisbon. Therefore, it is not suitable for wheelchair users or persons with reduced mobility.
Most travelers here have not had any problems with street noise and neighbors. However, you should note the following:
- The sound insulation in these old buildings is very small compared to modern buildings. It is possible to hear the sounds of neighbors, especially the neighbors above.
- This is not a very noisy street and there is not much traffic, but it is near a busy area, many people pass in the street. You can hear people and the sounds of the street when you open the windows.
- There are sound insulating windows, so when you close them, it's quiet inside. But of course, it's not like in a quiet little street in the village. Even when the insulation is good, it's always possible to hear something from the outside.