Leather sofa and recliner, 2 modern wicker chairs, dining table and chairs for 4, with 55 inch TV, high speed internet, Google mini Home, Queen bed in master bedroom which has attached bathroom. Second bedroom has full bed and full bathroom opposite it. Kitchen fully supplied with oven/stove, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, toaster, pots, pans, plates bowls, etc. Laundry room with washer and dryer. Kiva fireplace in living room. Unique and eclectic decor with Southwest overall feel. It is a 10 minute drive to downtown, 2 minute drive to shopping center, 10 minute walk or 1 minute drive to Rail Runner train stop at Zia road. Quiet neighborhood with parks and walking areas very close by. Also very easy access to I-25, about 3 minutes away. All you need is any personal items as full linens, soaps, are provided.
Electronic Deadbolt/Lock requires Smartphone to unlock/lock. Also lockbox w/key.
About Stephen Schmidt
Retired importer of folk art from Indonesia with many hobbies and distractions. Whitewater boating in all forms, paragliding, hiking, building things, bee keeping, and general dinking around. Fan of many NPR like podcasts.
Why Stephen Schmidt chose Santa Fe
I've owned this building for 11 years and decided to try short term rentals on the biggest apartment that opened up recently.
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Sweet Stay in Santa Fe
Enjoyed a wonderful 2 night stay at this property. It felt warm and cozy with all the comforts of home! Easy access to central Sante Fe and surrounding nature trails made for a fun packed days. Each evening this was a quiet place to relax. Thank you!
Thanks for staying at my place and glad you had a great time and enjoyed the area. Come back any time.
A great stay in Santa Fe
My wife, daughter, and I recently stayed at this casita in Santa Fe.
Our main contact was Marianne and she was a great host.
The casita seemed roomy and bright. It was clean and well cared-for. We had everything we needed for our stay. We went to Meow Wolf and the Harrell House Bug Museum. Both were easy to find and the casita was close to multiple restaurants. The TV and internet worked well. We didn't get to use the kiva, but it would be great for a cool evening.
Would definitely stay here again!
Best Midsized Rental in Santa Fe
Given this is was a new listing, thought I'd give a more complete review than typical
I'll just say, in 10 years of coming to Santa Fe, in multiple types of rentals,
12 visits or so, we probably had the best time in this relative new listing
than we've had in all previous others,
Steve (host) Could not meet nicer people. Whether a quick-chat, or a recommendation, or to fixing a small issue, Steve was just the best. Not intrusive, but responsive ( if needed) and could not have been a better host
1) Location, location, location. From this property, you can get anywhere in the area quickly and safely. Though not a downtown (ie overpriced ) property), we could get to the Plaza, onto I-25, to Alburquerque, to Chimayo, Los Alamos,to Madrid, Espanola, Taos, without the traffic of downtown (the train stop is blocks away) For our needs, best location we've had in 10 years. It seemed like everything was close and no 4X4 needed.
2) Property itself- Its huge for a casita ( 1,000 sq ft) Full-size appliances, full sized W/D and full-sized kitchen ( which we loved) huge spaces and bedrooms. Decor is modern and updated, but not overly so as to might break or scratch something. Just super-comfortable. A "Marriott Courtyard",of a casita.
A "house" for the price of a casita or high end rented room or two. Perfect for a couple with 2 kids, or two couples etc. You won't feel crowded, and will have all the basics of home.
3) Kiva. To us at least, a kiva (or suboptimally, a fireplace) is a must!
We used the kiva most nights and was of course the perfect compliment to a New Mexican stay.
-Wi-Fi was excellent, and big HD screen was larger than most ( 75''?) rentals
- Brand new and comfy mattresses. Sheets, towels, silverware, plates, some cookware provided.
- Neighbors and neighborhood were superquiet. But you are in a neighborhood, with a nearby school playground. A "suburban" feel.
- A convenience store is walkable (1/4 mile) and there for late-night and early morning needs. Nearby traffic is light to non-existent.
The Rail Runner Train (Zia Stop , is even closer. We took a great day trip on it to Albuquerque Tickets are about $5 each way
To be frank, largely because of Steve the host/owner, between my girlfriend and I, could not think of a single "complaint". 100% our favorite accomodations in 12 trips to the area
Thanks for the great review Colin and Tes. I couldn’t have asked for greater first guests to get me started. I appreciate all your suggestions. Look forward to seeing you again.