THE CASTLE :
The Château de Burnand is located in southern Burgundy, near the village of Saint-Gengoux-le-National. The latter is known to have been the favorite spa of the Kings of France in the 18th century. You reach the castle by taking a small road perched on the valley and overlooking the picturesque village. At the end, appear the beautiful glazed tiles of this castle of the XIXème. Romantic and impressive, it exudes a very special atmosphere desired by the Sino-Dutch owners. Nicknamed the "Castle of Sleeping Beauty", creativity, peace and "energies" will be the key words of your stay.
In this disconcerting and colorful castle, the mix of period polychrome ceilings and contemporary creations gives it an atypical and warm atmosphere. The very nice and pleasant kitchen will make the cooks happy when the most players enjoy the billiard room. A large living room also decorates the common rooms.
Upstairs, the chateau is composed of 2 double suites and 3 double rooms, the castle accommodates 16 people. Each room has its own bathroom.
A charming cottage located 50 m from the castle completes the sleeps of the castle. Composed of 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, this former mill renovated with great taste can accommodate up to 6 people.
THE GARDENS :
The park is only ... 14,6 hectares! Particularly undulating and wooded, do not hesitate to get lost! Time stops for who is looking for a bucolic moment. Do not miss the walk to the top of the hill where you will discover a breathtaking view of Burgundy.
With a magnificent room of 200m2, it is possible to organize weddings or receptions in the old workshops of the castle. This very atypical room can accommodate up to 150 people seated.
Wedding Supplement: 3 500 €
DO NOT MISS :
- Taste the delicious dishes of Jeane, the owner, in the impressive kitchen of the château;
- Make the Cluny market and taste Truffles in Cortevaix;
- Discover the history of France with the castles of Comartin, Fléchère, Buxy or visit the picturesque villages of Brancion and Saint-Gengoux-le-National;
- To gather at the monastery of Taizé and visit 1000 years of religion of Christianity in Cluny;
- To taste the wines of Burgundy and more precisely those of Pouilly-Fuissé and Montany;
- Stroll in the nature with the numerous hiking circuits;
- Fly over the magnificent landscapes of the Saône et Loire aboard a hot-air balloon;
- Bicycle and horse riding.