Old renovated house for 3 persons, 1 bedroom, large garden, Beaune center
La Maison du Couvent - Caroline & Max GIGANDET
- english, french, spanish
About La Maison du Couvent - Caroline & Max GIGANDET
We are both native from the Beaune area, and we just achieved the complete renovation of this former Convent from the 17th century. This building has got a lot charm, and many of the original materials are still in place, including the classic oak-beamed ceiling, some old parquet floor, and classic and original tiles. We did the renovations as it was our “home sweet home”, creating a warm and personal decoration, to provide the best feeling to our guests. All the renovations have been made by local craftsmen, and as an interior architect I had a lot of pleasure to coordinate their work and put in relief all the character from the past. The kitchen has been made on demand, with top range selection of kitchen appliances, we have carefully selected the beds, including large dimensions (1 Kind size bed – 180 x 200 / 1 Sofa bed 160 x 200). We have done a mix of modern and old pieces of furniture, selected some warm painting colors (Farrow & Ball / Ressources), to provide our guests the nicest stay as possible.
La Maison du Couvent - Caroline & Max GIGANDET purchased this House in 2014
Why La Maison du Couvent - Caroline & Max GIGANDET chose Beaune
Beaune is the among the most renown and prestigious wine area, it offers a large range of activities, for everyone that enjoy wines, gastronomy, historical building and to share conviviality moments. The town is perfectly renovated and the buildings are well maintained over the years, the city has preserved all the character from the past, it is a site full of history. Beaune offers a large choice of restaurants, wine tastings, and it will grant you the possibility to know deeper the Burgundian wines. The quality of life is very nice, Beaune offers also a large choice of cultural activities, for example the annual crime film festival (March), the festival of Baroque music (June/July), or the evening illuminations of some of Beaune’s historic buildings. The life is easy and relax. You can also enjoy biking across the prestigious vineyards. We felled in love with this former convent, at the beginning you need to get some imagination, as the property was not maintained for decades, the Convent was composed of 2 small apartments, that we have joined to make one. After 6 months renovation, we are so pleased about the result, and our guests really appreciate their time in the house, you just need to check their comments.
What makes this House unique
- Private garden all fenced by original stone walls. - Apartment entirely renovated - Few minutes’ walk from the center of town, no need of a car during your stay. - At 500 meters, you can enjoy the terrace of the bar & restaurant named La Table du Square. - The convent is set back from the street which makes it a calm and tranquil place to stay. - BBQ, garden furniture’s, deck chairs to enjoy spring and summer. - Nice view over the church bell and the old roof of Beaune. - Very bright as the sun orientation is East / West. - 2 bikes can be made available on request, to enjoy cycling across the prestigious vineyards, the departure of the road is just 500 meters from the house. - We can also made available a small vaulted cellar on request, to share a wine tasting with your friends. - The renovation and decoration is new, we have paid a careful attention to the bed’s selection. - The custom kitchen, will give our guests the possibility to cook some nice meals, and share good moments with friends or family. Everything has been done to ensure our guest to spend a very comfortable and nice time with us.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Beautiful property, very nicely renovated, in a quiet neighborhood within a short walking distance from the city center. We had a wonderful time there.
Beautiful house close to the center of town
The house in Beaune was beautifully decorated, very quiet yet just a short walk from the center of town where there were many restaurants and shops. The kitchen and bath were modern and spacious. We were there during a heatwave but the house stayed quite cool and our host did stop by with a fan, which was much appreciated.
We only learned shortly before our arrival that no one would be there when we arrived. Caroline did send instructions and photos but it is always disconcerting to arrive somewhere for the first time and have to deal with gates with codes and boxes with keys without someone there to help. We did manage with just a bit of anxiety.
Overall we enjoyed our stay in this lovely property in a wonderful city.
Photos were gorgeous but didn’t do the property justice. Great getaway from Paris in a charming town. Caroline was an excellent host and very quick to respond. Would come again and recommend.
So loved my stay in this beautiful apartment. I would recommend highly to everyone. The apartment is spacious and has beautiful furnishings and was completely renovated. The views from the huge windows and doors are stunning. It's very quiet, very close to town - walked every morning into the center of Beaune and took only 6 minutes. I can't say enough about it and can't wait to return.
Can't wait to come back!
My wife and I booked La Chapelle for a week in mid-May 2019 and couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Bourgogne! We had searched VRBO months in advance and couldn't believe our luck when we found such a perfect place just a five minute walk from the center of Beaune. From Max greeting us on arrival to Caroline's quick response when we thought we were locked out, to meeting Max in the Poissonnerie on the corner when we were shopping for dinner that we cooked on the charcoal grill, to the very informative notebook of information about the region, to the comfortable bed, to the well-equipped kitchen, the the beautiful private garden, everything was just perfect. Opening the windows in the morning during the week, there are no sound of traffic, only the birds singing beautifully. We will surely be back and try to bring friends to rent the upstairs apartment which I'm sure is just as perfect.
We would be pleased to welcome you again in a soon future !
Nicely furnished, quiet apartment with nice location.
Caroline's renovated apartment is quite a gem. The location is just outside of the center ramparts, well situated for a little peace and quiet. The apartment is clean and well maintained and have all you would need to enjoy Beaune.
While Caroline was not able to greet us at the apartment for check-in, instructions were clear and getting settled was easy. The parking space provided was quite convenient. Much of what you need was within short walking distance, well detailed in the guide provided with the apartment.
The backyard was spacious and a grill is provided (we didn't use).
Overall, my wife and I were very happy to find this gem- well sized and appointed for the two of us. We would return for sure.
Hi Brandon ,
Thank you for your kind appreciation about the house!
Hope to welcome you again in a soon future.
Caroline & Max
Beaune offers a very wide range of activities, and has a great cultural potential
- Hospice de Beaune Museum (Hotel Dieu)
- “Vente des Vins”, Beaune’s renowned charity wine auction, 3rd weekend of November
- Annual crime film festival (March)
- Festival of Baroque music (June/July)
- Traditional French produce market held in Beaune’s central marketplace, every Saturday morning
- Wine tastings in one of the regions’ numerous cellars
- Gastronomy: there are Michelin-starred restaurants included amongst the region’s many restaurants
- Visit the old, walled town and walk along the ramparts
- See the evening illuminations of some of Beaune’s historic buildings
- Wine classes
- Balloon rides over the vineyards
- Swim in the local lake water at the Etangs d’Or (facilities include parking, food kiosk, changing rooms, showers etc. Entry fee.)
- And much more…
You can also enjoy a visit of Dijon, which was the Burgundy Duke capital.