This lovely stone cottage has just been completely and lovingly restored by the owners, marrying a mix of modern furnishings with traditional features. Exposed stone walls, vaulted ceilings and wooden floors offer a traditional perigourdine house, in an up to date fashion! The cottage is light and airy, with open plan living room opening onto the wooden deck and private pool area.
A couple of steps lead from the driveway and parking area to a covered terrace running the length of the house.
The house is set on all one level, with just a couple of steps linking the different areas.
The glazed entrance door opens onto:
- the open plan living room, with high ceilings, exposed beams and stone walls. Windows to two sides, and a velux roof window ensure the room is bright and airy. Comfortable sofas, flat screen TV, a wood burner stove and coffee table provide the ideal spot for relaxing.
- an archway leads through into the huge fully equipped kitchen: hob, oven, fridge freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine, kettle and toaster. Large french windows offer a great view over the terrace, pool and rolling countryside beyond.
- a first bedroom with double bed, bedside tables, lamps and storage.
- a second bedroom with two single beds, bedside tables, lamps and storage.
- A colourful bathroom with bath with shower over; and a washbasin set on an original carpenters bench adds character.
- A separate toilet
Wifi access throughout.
The house is set in acres of walnut groves, with magnificent views over the countryside, and no neighbours in sight.
- A private pool, heated from May to September for your comfort, is equipped with sun loungers and parasols.
- A lovely decked terrace, with a pergola offering shade from the heat of the sun. Table and chairs offer a wonderful spot for al fresco meals.
- A garden of more than 2000m² set in the heart of walnut groves
- Private parking for two cars.