One of the advantages of the house is its location!
Location on Ile d Yeu is key!
You wont cycle more than 5 or 10' to go for your morning baguette or coffee, to shop in the market of Saint Sauveur or Port Joinville, to shop in the supermarkets of Port Joinville, to buy your fish from The fishmonger or direct from the fishermen, to drop your kids to their activities, to reach the beaches, to go out at night to a nice creperie or for a drink in one of the nice bars on the pier, to go to one of the numerous concerts or other cultural activities.
The house is on a bicycle path: it means no cars in the touristy season.
It is surrounded by the garden and is hidden from the path and from the neighbours: total privacy guaranteed!
200sq meters of comfort.
The house was built in the late 70' early 80' and its previous owner took great care of it.
The house is in pristin state and has all the comfort/is fully equipped for today's life for a large family.
Full description of the house:
- entrance hall with separate toilet, full of wardrobes
- bathroom 1 with shower and sink next to bedroom 1
- bedroom 1 looking onto the terrasse and garden, with king size bed, very spacious with a desk and chest of drawers
- bedroom 2 (blue room) with double bed, built in wardrobes, looking onto the garden in the front of the house
- dining room with access to the upper floor, with table which sits 10
- sitting room with pull out bed if needs be, open fire and buffet, looking onto the terrace and garden
- separate and fully equipped kitchen, with separate cellar
- cellar with further storage space, washing machine, dryer and freezer
- spacious garage for bicycles
- upper floor with bathroom 2, one sink and a shower
- upper floor with separate toilet
- upper floor with bedroom 3, with single bed, bunk bed and pull out bed (sleeps 4 children), built in wardrobe
- upper floor with bedroom 4, with king size bed, built in wardrobe
THE TERRACE and THE GARDEN IN MORE DETAILS
The terrace goes from bedroom 1 to the living room. The dining room also overlooks the terrace.
It is South facing for lazy afternoon naps in comfortable steamer chairs.
It has a real sail to protect you from the sun when sharing your breakfast or your lunch.
It is totally protected against the wind as it is in L shape.
The garden has been designed by a landscape architect: simple but full of flowers all year round and beautiful trees.
I would say that this garden would not allow for crazy football matches although there is space enough! But you would be advised to have more calm children games!
It is totally hidden from the neighbours and the bicycle path to ensure you 100% privacy.
There is an outside shower next to the laundry lines for you to take away all that sand from your fun beach and sea activities before getting back in the house.
The shower is also hidden from other people eyes!
OTHER ADVANTAGES OF THE HOUSE
It has wifi throughout.
It is children friendly (babe-cot, potty, babe stuff + board games and children books and beach games).
We know babe-sitters.
It is accessible to wheelchairs.
it is never humid as so many other houses on the island could be.