This is a traditional "shotgun" style home located on a quiet street in the Mid-City area of New Orleans. The property has off street parking, a spacious backyard, and is less than a 10-minute drive to the French Quarter. It is walking distance to the Canal St. streetcar (6 blocks away). The house is recently renovated, with new cabinets, granite counter tops, and new flooring. There are two units on the property, side-by-side shotgun-style units, each side is listed on VRBO.
This is a traditional "shotgun" style home located on a quiet street in the Mid-City area of New Orleans. It s less than a 10-minute drive to the French Quarter and a short 6-block walk to the Canal streetcar that also passes by the French Quarter and the Commercial Business District. This unique upstairs New Orleans style shotgun-style house, was fully remolded with modern cabinets and granite counter tops, modern and new appliances, yet still keeping within the old New Orleans shotgun style home! You have a designated off-street parking space in front of the garage on your side of the property (there are two units side-by-side). The home has a welcoming front patio, a spacious back patio that overlooks our city skyline- you can even see the Superdome! It s a nice and relaxing place that I know you ll love! You will find the decorating very classy and modern, with bright colors and great decor!
You have access to the complete unit, 2 bedrooms with queen sized beds, a full kitchen and bathroom. There is a large sized backyard for your use, and a fantastic porch you can relax on that you share with the unit next door. If we are unable to greet you at the property, please use the keyless entry to let yourself in and make yourself at home. You will find the guidebook on the coffee table; it has all the info you need to stay in our place. There is a large sized backyard with a patio/pergola and fire pit for your relaxation.
I am nearby and available when needed! We do our best to greet guests upon arrival whenever feasible, then your privacy is your own and our interaction thereafter is dependent on your needs. You may see us around maintaining the property, which we often do, if you see us around feel free to say hi! Please feel free to call us directly if the need for assistance arises or contact us through the VRBO website. If we are out of town, we will provide you with a back up contact.
Other Things to Note
Due to the listing’s popularity there is a firm check-in and checkout policy. If your arrival time is earlier than the check-in, you are more than welcome to leave your luggage with the cleaning staff after 11:30am On your day of departure, if your stay exceeds the 10am checkout time you will be charged for an additional day. I look forward to hosting you and hope you enjoy New Orleans! Please let me know if you have any questions.
This neighborhood is going through a fantastic transition as Tulane road is under construction; we re near the medical district, and about a mile from the Superdome (it s so close you can see it from the back patio!). Although our neighborhood is near the busy hustle and bustle of city life, our street is very quiet and is lined up with friendly and watchful neighbors. You will see some houses under construction in the area as the neighborhood is going through many changes.
You can catch an Uber to about anywhere for a reasonable fee. $8-10 should get you to the French Quarter. We are only 2 blocks from the bus line on Tulane Av. You can see the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority schedules and routes at RTA also operates the streetcars that run down St. Charles Ave and Canal St. If bicycling is appealing to you, there are several places that rent bicycles. New Orleans has also recently have incorporated public bicycles throughout the city. See The public bicycle rates are very reasonable at $8/hour, or $15 a month (1 hour per day, $8/hr after), or $20 per year (1 hr per day, $8/hr after).
The house manual can be found on the coffee table. It has good information on what to do on check-in, check-out, TV/WiFi instructions, local restaurants and bars, and favorite New Orleans attractions. Use the AppleTV to access online entertainment. To use the HD antenna, be sure to select TV as the source, and then you can flip through the local channels. For AppleTV, be sure to select HDMI 1, then you should see the main AppleTV menu with all the online programs to choose from, i.e. YouTube, Netflix, HBO, etc. If you have a cable subscription, you can access those programs through your provider, if not you can at least still see all their free programming. I have had very few inquiries about the TV as most people come to NOLA for the attractions, food, music, and amazing entertainment!
- Pets are not allowed on the property. Undisclosed pets will result in an immediate cancellation of your reservation without refund and an additional $100 cleaning fee will be charged. VRBO will be notified and a negative review will be left.
- Due to the listing’s popularity there is a firm check-in and checkout policy. If your arrival time is earlier than the check-in, you are more than welcome to leave your luggage with the cleaning staff after 11:30a.m. On your day of departure, late checkout is permitted only when possible and with prior property management consent. If your stay exceeds the 10a.m. checkout time you will be charged for an additional day.
- Please treat the place as if it were your own. We totally understand that things can happen, so if it does, just let us know. It helps you and us!
- If you smoke, please do it outside and dispose of your butts properly (i.e. not in the garden in the front or in flower pots, please throw away completely).
- When entering, press the 4-digit code we will give to you before arrival. You will hear the motor engage, you have 5 seconds to unlock the deadbolt. Turn lock knob away from the door entrance, you should feel the deadbolt exit the borehole until the lock lever stops. Turn the doorknob and the door should open.
- When leaving, press the Schlage button or enter the code to engage the locking mechanism and turn the deadbolt. Ensure the deadbolt fully enters the borehole. Sometimes it doesn’t line up perfectly and you may need to jiggle the hand and the door to make it line up correctly. Always test the door to make sure it’s locked by trying to enter the house while turning the doorknob.