About the property
- House1076 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
Beautiful stone cottage, high quality accommodation and lovely private terrace
This lovely stone house has been decorated to the highest of standards with fine furniture, bedding and kitchen appliances, and will feel like your home away from home. It offers comfortable accommodation with its spacious lounge, fully equipped kitchen, two bedrooms and two shower rooms, and is an ideal base for one or two couples to discover the area.
The large wooden front door opens onto a small, but original open air lobby, which ensures privacy, from which a glazed door gives access directly to:
- the spacious, fully fitted kitchen, with its lovely tiled floor and butlers sink. It offers a fridge freezer, electric oven and hob, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, kettle and washing machine. A large selection of crockery, cookware and glassware is available for preparing delicious home cooked meals with the fresh local produce.
- a glazed door and a step down, and you will find yourselves in the majestic living room, with its high ceiling, cathedral windows, wooden floor and exposed stone walls. The sitting area is set around the traditional contou fireplace, equipped with a wood burner stove, ideal for mid or low season evenings. Two huge comfortable sofas are perfect for relaxing, either with a book from the large selection available, or a film on the flat screen TV and DVD player. The dining area offers a wooden dining table and six chairs. The lighting can be easily adapted to your needs and moods with the two chandeliers, dimmer switch on the wall lights, and various lamps.
- leading off the lounge, you will find an alcove complete with desk and chairs, and the ever important internet connection, perfect for those who need to connect to the modern world! A door opens onto the terrace and garden.
- the downstairs bedroom opens off the lounge and offers two single beds, in a french country cottage style, a wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside tables and lamps. A door also gives direct access to the garden area.
- a shower room, also leading off the lounge, offers a shower, washbasin, toilet and heated towel rail and completes this floor.
The fabulous solid wooden staircase leads up from the lounge to the attic floor, where nestled under the eaves, you will find:
- a double bedroom, offering a painted wooden bed, chest of drawers, bedside tables, lamps and a comfortable high backed armchair. The room offers views over the rooftops of the village.
- a shower room with a large shower, washbasin, WC and bidet.
Despite its position in the heart of the village, and in one of the two main squares in Domme, the small garden and terrace are extremely private.
- a decked area is equipped with table and chairs for al fresco meals
- the newly renovated courtyard is the ideal spot for a pre dinner glass of wine, relaxing on the comfortable sofa and chairs, surrounded by exotic grasses and plants.
- a barbecue is also available for those all important informal lunches.
- free parking for one car in front of the house
En Toutes Saisons Agency's team
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- English, French, Spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 16, 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
Au Coeur de Domme lives up to its namme and offers the benefit of being set in the heart of the beautiful village of Domme, with the shops and tasteful restaurants of the bastide just a short walking distance from the house. Domme provides an ideal location for those who want a peaceful holiday yet is close enough to enjoy a wide range of activities, and convenient for visiting many places of interest: Sarlat, Les Eyzies, Castelnaud, Beynac, La Roque-Gageac are just a short distance away. The motorway junction is only 30 minutes away at Souillac. Bergerac Airport is just over an hours drive. Several golf courses can also be found in the neighbourhood Domme is remarkably situated on a rocky crag overlooking the Dordogne Valley. It is only a few kilometres from the lovely town of Sarlat and within easy reach of of the Caves of Lascaux and Padirac, as well as various châteaux - Beynac and Castelnaud being the best known.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Location du samedi au samedi en haute saison; flexible en moyenne et basse saisons. Le tarif s'entend toutes charges comprises sauf: supplément chauffage hors saison (sur relevé du compteur) Le linge de lit et toilette peuvent etre loué au tarif 20€ par personne Le ménage en fin de séjour est optionnel, au tarif 50€ Conditions de réservation : - 25% d’acompte à la réservation. - Solde payable 4 semaines avant la date du début du séjour. - Caution restituable de 200€ payable à la remise des clés