This lovely stone house has been decorated to the highest of standards with fine furniture, bedding and kitchen appliances, and will feel like your home away from home. It offers comfortable accommodation with its spacious lounge, fully equipped kitchen, two bedrooms and two shower rooms, and is an ideal base for one or two couples to discover the area.
The large wooden front door opens onto a small, but original open air lobby, which ensures privacy, from which a glazed door gives access directly to:
- the spacious, fully fitted kitchen, with its lovely tiled floor and butlers sink. It offers a fridge freezer, electric oven and hob, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, kettle and washing machine. A large selection of crockery, cookware and glassware is available for preparing delicious home cooked meals with the fresh local produce.
- a glazed door and a step down, and you will find yourselves in the majestic living room, with its high ceiling, cathedral windows, wooden floor and exposed stone walls. The sitting area is set around the traditional contou fireplace, equipped with a wood burner stove, ideal for mid or low season evenings. Two huge comfortable sofas are perfect for relaxing, either with a book from the large selection available, or a film on the flat screen TV and DVD player. The dining area offers a wooden dining table and six chairs. The lighting can be easily adapted to your needs and moods with the two chandeliers, dimmer switch on the wall lights, and various lamps.
- leading off the lounge, you will find an alcove complete with desk and chairs, and the ever important internet connection, perfect for those who need to connect to the modern world! A door opens onto the terrace and garden.
- the downstairs bedroom opens off the lounge and offers two single beds, in a french country cottage style, a wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside tables and lamps. A door also gives direct access to the garden area.
- a shower room, also leading off the lounge, offers a shower, washbasin, toilet and heated towel rail and completes this floor.
The fabulous solid wooden staircase leads up from the lounge to the attic floor, where nestled under the eaves, you will find:
- a double bedroom, offering a painted wooden bed, chest of drawers, bedside tables, lamps and a comfortable high backed armchair. The room offers views over the rooftops of the village.
- a shower room with a large shower, washbasin, WC and bidet.
Despite its position in the heart of the village, and in one of the two main squares in Domme, the small garden and terrace are extremely private.
- a decked area is equipped with table and chairs for al fresco meals
- the newly renovated courtyard is the ideal spot for a pre dinner glass of wine, relaxing on the comfortable sofa and chairs, surrounded by exotic grasses and plants.
- a barbecue is also available for those all important informal lunches.
- free parking for one car in front of the house