3 BR, 2 Bth, kids loft, waterfront, authentic log/beam construction,water access
I am a wife and mother of three active boys who love to fish and kayak in the creek. I am also a K12 career counselor in one of the local schools. I am originally from Levittown, outside of Philadelphia. I attended Neshaminy Maple Point. This is my second venture in taking a "fixer-upper" home in a great location and doing a total remodel to meet the standards of a lovely vacation home. I am an HGTV fan which inspires me to take on "too rustic" homes and make them beautiful. I attended Bloomsburg University, Indiana University, Bucknell University, and completed my doctorate at Liberty University. I want all my guests to have a relaxing, comfortable stay.
Brenda purchased this House in 2018
Why Brenda chose New Berlin
This is my second venture in taking a "fixer-upper" home in a great location and doing a total remodel to meet the standards of a lovely vacation home. Feel free to check out my other property, Bear Den number 678814. I selected this home because of the property site. I loved the access to the creek and views of the farms. I also know that many people visiting the area are attending events at Bucknell or Susquehanna University or wedding in the area or just want to relax in beautiful central PA. This location provides very convenient access to all those venues. I must admit too that I loved the idea that this was an old log home in colonial times! I loved revealing the old log beams and thinking about how old that wood was and the men that hand-hewed the logs. Amazing!
What makes this House unique
Waterfront Charming historical architectural features - log revealed and hand-hewed beams side sitting porch, keeping room Views! Location, Location, Location! Convenient to many sites in Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Selinsgrove! Heart of Central PA!
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Pet fee is $25 per night.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Perfect home away from home
This historic home has been lovingly restored with all the modern comforts. It has character and history around every turn, and thoughtful gathering spaces, inside and out, for spending time with family and friends. You'll love the beautiful HUGE square kitchen table for sharing meals, and the fire pit and large table and seating area outside, right along Penn's Creek. There is so much sleeping space, and kids will go crazy over the hidden loft where they can play or sleep. This home is great for a few people or a large group who would like to spend quality time together, feeling comfortable and cozy in a home away from home that is 100% better than any hotel. Would make an ideal lodging option for area weddings or parents/families coming to visit college students. Don't miss this amazing stay!
Perfect for a group
We loved everything about this house but especially the kitchen island that allowed the whole group to hang out in the kitchen without feeling cramped and the location on the creek.
No complaints, we would gladly stay here again!
beautiful house, backs on to the Penns Creek, great for relaxing and fishing
So comfortable and beautiful. Kitchen has it all! Scenic out the large windows as it looks over the Penns Creek and hill country. A great place to stay.
Lovely restored farm house
We have enjoyed both of our stays at the Blue Heron. It is a beautifully restored farm house with a nice kitchen, great for entertaining. The back yard with bucolic view and fire pit are terrific. The property owner, Brenda, is very responsive. The house is a 15 minute drive to Lewisburg, roughly 10 minutes to Mifflinburg. We would highly recommend!
Very cozy yet extremely spacious. Great fenced in yard and an amazing view. Would highly recommend!!
New Berlin - Brenda
My family completely enjoyed their stay.
Thank you for your kind review. Brenda
A benefit to the town of New Berlin is that it is centrally located to several towns and things to do. Close by visits are antique shops, a winery, a pottery, wildlife parks, shopping, Knoebels amusement and water park, and historic sites. Here are some ideas for you to consider…
• Visit State Park R B Winter and hike, swim, or bike.
• Fish, kayak or tube the famous Penns Creek. Close by kayak rentals call 570-966-4104.
• Go for lunch at The Fence (Milton) an outdoor drive-in or outdoor eatery that overlooks the river.
• Visit T&Ds Cats of the World (Penns Creek), Reptile Land (Allenwood), or take a safari ride at Lake Tobias Wildlife Park (Halifax).
• Schedule time at the any of the area golf courses, Shade Mountain, Bucknell or Selinsgrove.
• Hike or bike ride the scenic rails to trails and stop for sweet soft ice cream along the route at The Purple Cow.
• Swim at any of the three community pools or wade in Penns Creek or visit an amusement park such as Knoebels Grove (Elysburg) (free to enter) or Hershey Park (Hershey).
• Take a day to shop at the many antique and specialty shops in Mifflinburg, Lewisburg, or Selinsgrove. Go for a spa treatment at one of the local spas.
• Visit the buggy museum in town. Take in a movie at an Art Deco movie theater in Lewisburg or at the cinema at the Selinsgrove Mall.
• Visit Penns Creek Pottery, or visit the nearby winery vineyards, Shade Mountain Winery, and sample some of the locally made wines. Watch the evening races in the town of Penns Creek.
• Bike rentals are in close proximity to cottage.
• Fitness Center is available in Mifflinburg.
• Spy Glass winery has summer concert events.
• Places to eat: Carriage Corner, Rusty Rail Brew Pub, OIPs, and there is a new small bakery in Mifflinburg called Gable House
• New Berlin, Mifflinburg, and Lewisburg all have small parks. The one in New Berlin is a short walk from the house.
• Mennonite stores such as Wenger’s Grocery or Green Ridge Markets - both in Mifflinburg.
• Many places to shop in both Lewisburg and Selinsgrove.
**Or just relax on the back deck or backyard, watch the kayakers float by, have s'mores by the fire pit, and enjoy the view!
Bucknell University and Susquehanna University are an easy 13 mile drive from cottage. Penn State University is a 1 hour drive.