About the property
- Condo1250 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Mininum Stay3 - 7 nights
2 BR, 2 BA, Sleeps 6.
North Availability (3rd Floor - Shown in Pictures):
April 20 - May 1 OPEN ONLY $250/NIGHT!
May 7 - May 21 OPEN ONLY $250/NIGHT!
May 28 - June 2 OPEN ONLY $350/NIGHT!
June 23 - June 30 OPEN
August 4 - November 22 OPEN
November 27 - December 31 OPEN
South Availability (3rd Floor - Shown in Pictures):
April 13 - April 16 OPEN ONLY $250/NIGHT!
April 21 - May 22 OPEN ONLY $250/NIGHT!
May 29 - June 2 OPEN ONLY $350/NIGHT!
July 21 - July 28 OPEN
August 4 - September 17 OPEN
September 22 - November 22 OPEN
November 27 - December 31 OPEN
Ground Floor (Pictures shown in VRBO #731218)
April 30 - May 10 OPEN ONLY $275/NIGHT!
May 24 - May 28 OPEN ONLY $350/NIGHT!
June 3 - June 5 OPEN
June 9 - June 23 OPEN
August 18 - August 23 OPEN
August 27 - August 30 OPEN
September 4 - September 14 OPEN
September 17 - September 22 OPEN
September 30 - December 31 OPEN
This listing advertises two 2bd/2ba condos. To help distinguish between the North condo and the South condo, underneath each photo it will say either NORTH or SOUTH condo. Looking for Ground floor directly on the bay? Check out our other 2bd/2ba VRBO #731218.
Want to be waterfront but don't want the crowds and noise the oceanside brings? Come relax and unwind in our bayfront condo in Mission Beach! Whether you're looking for Family Fun, a Romantic Getaway or Rest & Relaxation, this Bayfront Retreat has it all! Come play at the beach or kick up your feet and drift off to the sounds of the water.
Beautiful and relaxing, gated, two-bedroom, two-bath Penthouse condominiums (North Unit or South Unit with new Wood Floors) on Mission Bay in Mission Beach with 180-degree views of La Jolla Hill, the Bahia Resort Hotel, and Mission Bay. These spacious (each unit is 1,250 square feet), third-floor condominiums are perfect for families, multi-families or couples looking to get away for a nice, relaxing vacation. Sit on the patio and watch the SPECTACULAR Fireworks Show from Seaworld!
Rent the condos as a 2bd/2ba or as a 4bd/4ba. Both of our condos are waterfront and across the hall from each other. Rent the entire 3rd floor out! Our 4bd/4ba set-up is great for multi-families.
The secure elevator brings you right up to both front doors. Relax and unwind on the beautifully tiled and furnished balconies or catch some rays on the sand or in the water. Just steps away from the bay boardwalk, one short block from the ocean and two blocks north of Mission Bay Park & the Famous Belmont Roller Coaster!
The large and spacious master bedrooms have a king-size bed. There is a large closet, an adjoining master bath, and TV with cable and VCR/DVD player. Open up the windows and enjoy the ocean breeze! The second bedroom has a Queen bed (South unit) or two twins (North unit), a large walk-in closet, and TV with cable and VCR/DVD player. The spare bathrooms have a shower/tub. Each unit has two twin rollaway beds. There is also a crib, playpen and highchair in the South Unit and a high chair and playpen in the North Unit for the little ones!
The kitchen has everything you need to serve up a feast! Lots of storage space for groceries and a breakfast bar with stools and bay views (South Unit). The living room has a plush leather couch, leather chair with ottoman, leather recliner and rocking chair (South Unit). Living room also has a 36-inch TV with a VCR and DVD player. Watch your favorite show or just relax on the couch and look out to the amazing view of the bay through the floor-to-ceiling windows. The gas fireplace is always nice for chilly evenings. Each condo comes with one covered parking space. We do not have air conditioning, but we do offer fans for your use.
CLOSE TO EVERYTHING!: We are one street north of the Belmont Roller Coaster and directly west of the Bahia Resort. Enjoy a ride around the bay on the Bahia Belle. The units are just a five-minute drive to Sea World, just a short drive to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Wild Animal Park and a 30-minute drive from Legoland, It is also just a few miles from downtown San Diego, the San Diego Airport, and La Jolla's famous tide pools. We are walking distance to about everything - shopping, dining (Starbucks is around the corner!), entertainment, indoor pool, arcade, carousel, roller coaster and other rides and games, grocery store, bike/skate/boogie or surf board rental shop, park, etc. Almost everything is within a 5-minute walk!
Whether it is family fun or rest and relaxation you are looking for, these condominiums have it all! Please check our calendar for availability.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 17, 2018
About Kelly Garman
We love Mission Beach and have offered them as vacation rentals for almost 10 years. We hope you love this area as much as we do!
Kelly Garman purchased this Condo in 2006
Why Kelly Garman chose Mission Beach
Location, location, location!
What makes this Condo unique
Directly on the bay, Seaworld firework views from the patios, walk to several restaurants, Starbucks is just a minute walk away, and so is the ocean!
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Beautiful condo, great for families!
We just spent about 10 days at this beautiful condo with our two kids 3 years old and 11 months and we and a great time. The views of the bay were breathtaking and we loved having the beach and water just steps away, so we didn't have to go far in order for our 3 year to play in the sand and water, which is all she wanted to do. The front hallway was stocked with beach toys, chairs, frisbees, footballs and there were plenty of beach towels, so we didn't have to buy anything extra for our days spent at the beach. And there is a fun playground about a quarter of a mile away near Belmont park, so there are lots of things for young kids to do. The condo was clean and safe for young kids, as they didn't have direct access outside, we had to use the elevator to go up and down, which was nice. The only drawback was the washer and dryer, there isn't one in the condo, it's a shared one down in the parking structure and you could only use it on certain days/times, but it was nice to at least have one available. Quite a few restaurants within walking distance, bike rentals and the ocean was only a few blocks away so we still got to see the sunset every night. The bay side is also a lot more mellow than the ocean walk, which we preferred, especially with the kids. Kelly, the owner was very responsive and helpful, overall we had a really nice time and would definitely recommend this condo to anyone with small kids, it was roomy, stocked with everything you need (even and pack-n-play) and in a perfect location.
This is definitely a hidden treasure.
Steps to the Beach and Bay. It was perfect for us. Well stocked with All that you would need. Its just like being at Home. The views were Awesome and Kelly was Great. We will be back for sure!!
Nicely updated unit with some frustrating features
The North Unit has a lot going for it, but there were several features we wish we’d known about before renting. First, the positives:
1. The unit was extremely clean, comfortable, spacious, and reasonably well updated. Beds and bedding are great.
2. Both the owner and the property manager were extremely responsive and helpful during our stay.
3. The location is nice with beautiful bay front views. Belmont Park is only a few blocks away, and it was one of the unexpected highlights of the stay for our kids.
And the negatives:
4. Washing clothes was frustrating and unpleasant. First, the laundry is a dirty room in the car park with standing water on the floor. While we don’t need fancy facilities, clean is pretty important to us. Second, no detergent is provided, so we had to buy our own. Third, the washer broke during our second load, leaving us with a machine full of soapy clothes unable to drain or rinse. The property manager contacted someone on-site to fix the problem, but we wound up rinsing our clothes by hand in the utility sink (which also was dirty and backed up) because it took him so long. Appears to be a regular problem. Not the end of the world, but certainly not the way we wanted to spend a long afternoon on vacation and not the quality level expected at this price point.
5. The unit has been nicely updated with one notable exception -- the master bathroom. The lighting is poor, and it's disconcerting to stand in the shower and see daylight and feel a breeze through the ceiling fan. It was cold and drafty every morning with no way of warming the area up. Once again, we weren’t expecting luxurious, but this was closer to a public shower at a campsite than a private residence.
6. Accessing the house and parking was more challenging than expected. First, the one-way alleyway to the car port requires a u-turn every time unless you’re coming from the east. Second, parking is unsurprisingly tight, but it’s made far more difficult by the building resident in the adjacent parking spot. They park ten feet back from the front of the spot, making it impossible to start turning the wheel until you’re practically up against a wall. I've driven in urban areas a lot denser than Mission Beach, but by the end of our stay I began to dread leaving and returning to the unit.
Overall, the unit has a lot of positives, but the problems were pretty aggravating. Maybe knowing them before going in would make it easier to accept.
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to address some of the concerns you had:
1) The laundry room – the night before this happened we had a massive storm and flooding, there was a lot of damage in and around San Diego. Once notified, our building manager went to the laundry room and fixed washing machine. There was a kink in the back of the hose, which caused the water to overflow and was fixed immediately. This is not a regular problem, as the renter stated, as the washing machine was just purchased in the last few years. We do give a list to all renters on what IS provided and we do not list laundry detergent. In our welcoming letter/condo instructions we do state that laundry detergent is not provided.
2) Bathroom – there is a window in the bathroom that can be easily shut (for privacy – you can’t see through the glass when closed) or opened when you want fresh ocean air.
3) Parking is tight in Mission Beach. We actually have some of the larger parking spaces around. The beach and bay alleys are all one-way – it is pretty simple to maneuver and have never had a guest complain about it.
We’ll look into the other concerns you raised and address as needed. Thanks again for your feedback.
Great location and great management
We stayed for three nights and greatly enjoyed our stay. There are beautiful views of the bay. The location was nice, as I was able to jog around the bay in the morning and then walk across the street to the park to exercise and stretch. We parked our car in the driveway and didn't have to use it our entire stay. Mission Beach is a two minute walk, and Pacific Beach is about a 30 minute walk if you feel in the mood to explore. Kelly was great and even allowed us to check in early. The condo was clean and provided beach towels, mats, and frisbees. Took one star off only for the fact that it is a bit outdated and could use some upgrades. Also the walls are a bit thin and could hear neighbors entering their units.
The Condo was very clean, albeit a bit dated bathrooms and kitchen. Right on Sail Bay near the Boardwalk. Lots of summer traffic but unit very quiet and great for our needs. Kitchen has basic needs covered, but no spices, oil, etc ( basic pantry needs) so be prepared to shop for everything! Master room has a very comfortable King bed, and 2nd bedroom 2 twins. Additional beds are rollaways and comfortable, but crowded in living room and early risers have to be quiet so to not wake up guests sleeping in living room. Unit great for a family with young kids, but a bit crowded for 5 adults! Very comfortable recliner couches in sitting area!
Pacific Beach area and better restaurants, brew pubs etc about a mile away and requires driving. Parking for one sedan size car, but street parking very difficult to find! Lots of sand toys and small boogie boards. a few beach chairs too! The Ocean a short walk away and the bay out the back door of condo building!
Property manger and owner very responsive and even purchased a crock pot for the unit for our stay! I appreciated the owners willingness to be flexible with booking dates as we needed a Wed-Wed rental and everything else was Fri/Sat-Fri/Sat rentals! I would stay again if I needed a rental in this area!
Excellent location spacious and clean.
We love the condo and location. Right on the beach and with a lots of kids.
Condo is spacious and clean. Full stocked and well organized.
We have rented from this owner in the past as well.
Will plan to rent again.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
FINAL BALANCE is due 60 days prior to check-in. PLEASE NOTE: During Peak Season (JUNE, JULY & AUGUST), there is NO REFUNDS & NO RE-BOOKING DATES if reservation is cancelled within 60 days of check-in. All monies will be forfeited. 100% refund, minus a $100 administration fee, if canceled 61+ days before arrival date. Admin fee: it takes time to re-market property and rebook dates. **An international credit card fee of 3% will be deducted from the tenant’s security deposit. U.S. credit cards will not incur credit card fees. Please consider paying with an E-Check through VRBO Pay Now to not incur credit card fees. Personal checks are accepted as well.