2600 SF - 3 BR 3 Bath home lakefront home
About Mark Berendsen
I have lived in Durham and Chapel almost all my life and graduated from Northern HS and ECU. I am married with 3 boys and have been coming to Hyco Lake since 1980. We have owned multiple lots and houses at Hyco but fell in love with this home mostly due to the large pool and patio area, spectacular views, and walls of window to enjoy the views. We hope you will enjoy our home as much as we do.
Mark Berendsen purchased this House in 2016
Why Mark Berendsen chose Leasburg
Past renters and friends tell us the home offers a resort like experience. It is a recently updated and decorated home on one of the best lots on the lake. Walls of windows display amazing wide views. The pool and large patio along with the new boat dock with large upper deck offer multiple - fabulous outdoor living spaces. Also, very deep water makes swimming in the lake safer and more enjoyable (nobody likes touching the bottom of a lake).
What makes this House unique
Pool, amazing boathouse, deep water, chefs kitchen, newly updated and furnished home, extremely convenient location directly across the street from the state park, boat ramp, camp ground, walking trail, frisbee golf, outdoor concert venue wher the beach music festival is held every year, etc.
Pool / Spa
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 8 (sleeps up to 8 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
- We must stick to the max of 8 total occupants. We cannot allow more guests - parties during the day. Do not re-arrange furniture.
- No parking garage. All locked cabinets-doors and garage fridge are for owners use. Pool requires daily leaf skimming and emptying of skimmer basket.
- PLEASE NO grease in sink; use grease bin. Axis ski boat is not for renter’s use. No fires in fireplaces. No renting of movies/TV shows.
Lake getaway with friends
My wife and I with 2 other couples stayed for a week. It was fantastic. Kitchen and grill were top notch. Fishing off the dock was surprisingly easy and very productive. Caught around 15-20 catfish of all sizes. Only thing I would change is access in and out of the water. Ladder does not go down far enough and dock is very high. Oh and lots of little mosquito-like bugs around at night but they dont bite and really dont bother you unless you stay close to a light. Overall, we enjoyed it and would definitely stay again.
Thanks for the kind words Allen. I just left the house and you all left is so clean - better than all previous guests so thanks for that. Please know the lake is almost 2 feet below normal level so the ladder is a bit challenging right now. Thanks again for taking such good care of the house and the pool and we look forward to a return visit. Mark
Beautiful home in gorgeous setting.
We had not visited Hyco Lake previously and we had a wonderful trip exploring the lake and just enjoying this special place. It was perfect for our three couples and one two year old. The house is on a “secret” part of the lake, off the main channel with plenty of water but few boats. Convenient to the boat launch area and marina, but very quiet. Pool area is great, and the house is positioned for great views. Well equipped and deserving of five stars.
Loved the house and dock. Lived very well. The pool is also a great addition.
Top-Notch Rental Home
We were very pleased with our stay at this home on Hyco Lake. Lots of outdoor activities available right across the street (but not too close) at Hyco Lake Park. Frisbee Golf Course and hiking trails meant we were able to choose between all available to have an active vacation week. We were able to find a spot along the home's shore line to launch our kayaks and there is plenty of shoreline to explore on Hyco. I would recommend going to Roxboro which was about 20 minutes away for grocery store stops instead of Danville about 30 minutes away as we found Roxboro to be a much more welcoming town and had everything we needed.
Wish we were still there!!
The house was just as listed. Mark was great to work with. We celebrated milestone birthdays while there and all commented on the last day that this vacation out of all we have had in the past 12 years together went by quicker than any. The double decker dock was fantastic. We thoroughly enjoyed relaxing in the pool. Really, everything at the house was just wonderful. I would love to revisit again and hope that Hyco Lake Marina will once again rent pontoons. I would definitely recommend to anyone needing a relaxing, worry free vacation!!
* Marina, campground, outdoor concerts, frisbee golf, and walking trail directly across the street.
* Buoys bar and grill is lakefront restaurant and gas-convenience store 1 mile from house. Also, boating supply store adjacent to Buoys and pontoon boat rentals available.
* Well stocked Dollar General grocery store is 4 miles from house. Food Lion is 12 miles away in Roxboro.
* Roxboro, NC (population 9000) is 12 miles away. It has all fast food and other good restaurants (recommendations will be in an information binder), Lowe’s, Walmart, pharmacies, Rox Fitness ($6 walk in fee), etc.
* Danville, VA is a much larger town (population 50k) only 25 miles away. Durham, NC is 30 miles away.
* Virginia International Raceway (8 miles away) is a world class motor racing road course that offers many exciting professional and amateur races including Moto America Super Bike Challenge, Pirelli World Challenge, IMSA Weatherch Sports Car Chamionship, etc. It also has a world class high speed go karting facility, sporting clays, and fine dining open to the public. Of note, many nascar teams practice at VIR to prepare for their road races.
* ABC store 5 miles away
* Jibtopia is a Wake park and entertainment venue located 5 miles from the house. It offers cable wake boarding, horse back riding, motorcycle trails, restaurant, etc.
* Country Club Steakhouse - Very affordable - quality family steakhouse 5 miles away.
* Aunt Millie’s is a locally famous pizza and ice cream restaurant 7 miles away.