|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
CHECK OUT OUR WEEKLY SPECIAL - $1050/WK (7 nights) ($150/night) NON-HOLIDAYS ONLY
Relax on our large redwood deck surrounded by trees, sipping a glass of complimentary wine as the sun goes down. Light a fire in our firepit, or take a hot tub under the stars and trees after a long hike or a full day of skiing Heavenly. Make our house in Tahoe your getaway from the world.
Our house is perfect for two couples with kids and sleeps 6-8 people comfortably. There are two rooms downstairs with queen beds in each and armoires for your clothes. Upstairs is a loft with a queen futon and a bedroom with 2 twin beds, TV, Cable, VHS player with a wide variety of Disney videos and games.
Our Cabin is located in Gardner Mountain which is close enough to the casinos but far enough away to feel like you have 'gotten away from it all'. The Gardner Mountain neighborhood is close to the best beaches on South Shore, Camp Richardson and Fallen Leaf Lake. We are also close to Heavenly Valley Ski Resort (6 miles), Sierra-At-Tahoe (15 miles), and Kirkwood (40 miles).
Keywords: Chalet-Style Cabin
Lisa & Jeff love South Lake Tahoe. We bought our vacation rental to enjoy this area all year round and enjoy sharing their home with their guests. Lisa is a mother of two: Drake & Soren who love to sled on our property and Drake started skiing last year. Jeff owns a Real Estate & Mortgage company and is a licensed pilot and avid sailor.
Jeff Phillips or Lisa Janny purchased this chalet in 2003
Lisa & Jeff bought their Chalet style home in South Lake's Gardner Mountain neighborhood for its privacy but proximity to stores and markets. Our home is located on a 1/3 acre lot with tons of trees: Pines, Spruce and Fir. The trees are home to many small birds (which we encourage with our bird feeder). During Winter the trees are covered in snow and after skiing, we love sinking into the hot tub to enjoy our surroundings and soothe our weary muscles.
Jeff loves to cook so as a result you get a fully stocked kitchen and pantry with lots of spices, rubs, oils, vinegars and condiments. Not to mention a variety of kitchen tools. Once Jeff cooked a 13 course tasting menu for 20 over Thanksgiving in our small kitchen.
Loved the large deck, fire pit and hot tub all amongst the trees. Large opened fenced yard, (too bad we couldn't bring our dogs, who would have loved sleeping on the deck.) The large living room was great for games and cards. Bedrooms were nice, with typical rustic cabin appeal. Could of used some cupboard space for food. It was cool hiking the trail that started right at the back of the neighborhood to Fallen Leaf Lake. Our family had eight cabins rented in the neighborhood and we had a great time biking, beaching and hiking together. Thank you for the bottle of wine, we really enjoyed our family vacation.
~ The Bailey's
This property is located about 20 minutes away from the lake which is not that bad. The place is very dated, doesn't have a dishwasher, the hot tub didn't getting warm, no cable (tv kept shutting in and out), and upstairs area just seemed very secluded and there was a mattress bed just tossed on the floor under a bunch of spider webs. Overall my stay was good giving that they did provide you everything you need to cook, plenty of towels and clean sheets. Giving that I night this place deserves to be remodeled it has great potential.
The cabin is very cozy and has a nice old feel and charm. It is a bit outdated, but never the less was very comfortable! The hot tub was ready to use upon arrival and the fireplace was very nice! The heater in the house kept throwing the breaker even without anything else in the house on, so going outside in the snow to get the heater back on was annoying after the first couple times. We ended up buying firewood and having fires instead. The bbq didn't work and is in older condition. We cleaned it out of what looked like years of food crud in the bottom, but could not get the gas to flow. We were all very competent cooks, so we just went inside and used the kitchen instead. Minus the two inconveniences, the stay was wonderful! Great cabin, attentive owners! There were even some bears in the tree right out front which was an awesome sight!
nice place very peacefull good location near everything clean too just needs some up grades
This property was the perfect getaway. It has lots of room, a beautiful deck surrounded by trees and a great hot tub! It is also very close to the casino, lots of shops and restaurants, a hiking trail and the water! This property made my Tahoe stay great! I recommend staying here if your looking for a cozy place in Tahoe! I can't wait to go back myself! :)
1. Blue Angel Café 530-544-6544 Excellent food, fireplace, 1132 Ski Run Blvd
2. Nepheles 530-544-8130 Bar, restaurant & hot tubs, 1169 Ski Run Blvd
3. The Cedar Room 775-588-9300 American Cuisine, 158 Highway 50, Round Hill (2 miles past casinos)
4. Alpina Café 530-541-7449 Wireless internet access, 822 Emerald Bay Rd (highway 89)
5. Beacon Bar & Grill 530-541-0630 Relaxed beachfront dining, 1900 Jameson Beach Rd./Camp Richardson
6. Freshies 530-542-3630 Delicious healthful, specialties seafood & vegetarian, 3300 South Lake Tahoe Blvd (highway 50)
7. Sprouts Natural Foods Café 530-541-6969 Healthy organic, Cash only, 3125 Harrison Ave.
8. Café Fiore 530-541-2908 Italian, small romantic fine dining (need to book reservation ahead) 1169 Ski Run Blvd. #5
9. Fresh Ketch 530-541-5683 Lake side dining, located in the Tahoe Keyes, 2433 Venice Dr.
10. Rockwater Grill 530-544-8004 American Cuisine, 787 Emerald Bay Road (highway 89)
11. Cantina Bar & Grill 530-544-1233 Mexican , 765 Emerald Bay Road (highway 89)
12. Burger Lounge 530-542-4060 Excellent burgers & shakes, 717 Emerald Bay Road (highway 89)
13. Red Hut Waffle House 530-541-9024 Breakfast, Cash only, 2723 Lake Tahoe Blvd (highway 50) Also great coffee stand next door
14. Cork & More 530-544-5253 Wine, gourmet food, deli, catering, 1032 Al Tahoe Blvd.
15. Camp Richardson Ice Cream Parlor – Further north on highway 89 in camp Richardson on the left side (not open in the winter)
16. Overland Meat & Seafood Company 530-544-3204 Butcher/free range beef & poultry, 2227 Lake Tahoe Blvd (King’s Trading Post)
There is a great trail if you go out the door and walk to the right on Julie Lane. Go to the end of Julie Lane and bend around to the left. Go a couple blocks and you will see a trail entrance on the right. Take the trail and after about 40 minutes you will get to a gate. Go across the road and pick up the trail. From there it is only a 5 minute walk to Fallen Leaf Lake.
***If you are walking the trail in winter time you will need snow shoes.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 23 2016 - Nov 26 2016
3 night minimum stay
Dec 19 2016 - Jan 1 2017
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.