|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
The Charming Villa Nuba apartments are part of a historic farmhouse dating back to the 15th century. The Villa is located amongst the idyllic Umbrian hills, surrounded by olive trees and vineyards but at the same time very close to the historic Etruscan and medieval centre of Perugia. The farmhouse has been recently and lovingly restored to create three luxury apartments complete with modern day comforts and furnished with antique family furniture. The Nuzzaci family always offer warm, friendly, Italian hospitality and are on-hand throughout your stay to ensure that all needs, desires, and whims are met! In fact the family resides in an adjacent wing of the Villa. The family’s goal is to satisfy all requests of every guest. So much so that a stay at Villa Nuba becomes even more than an already unforgettable experience, but a true authentic Italian experience. The Umbrian Experience.
About Us: The Charming Villa Nuba Apartments
- A Home Away from Home -
We are glad to be choosen as " The most Charming place to stay in Perugia and Umbria from "The Umbria Villa Owners Association”that's the only owners association in Umbria, and Glad to be the only vacation rental in Perugia selected by the prestigious SlowTourism Association and to be in their Top Green Certificate!” ….and news in the 2015 we are so Happy to be an AVROA CERTIFIED PROPERTY and so to be selected from the American Vacation Rentals Owners' Association ( AVROA )
Why Should You Choose Us?
-The Umbria Experience -
We believe that we are offering something that has been missing in central Italy: not your average farm holiday accommodation, nor an uninspiring flat, but a luxurious apartment in a villa in which the owners themselves reside, amid elegance, comfort and tradition, and accompanied by warm, friendly, family hospitality.
The owners live in an adjacent wing of the villa, a guarantee of a warm, friendly Italian welcome.
There are 10 points which make Villa Nuba the ideal home for short or long stays in Perugia, in the beautiful Umbria:
1. Villa Nuba is a historic and typical Umbrian villa surrounded by pine trees, vineyards and olive trees, and it is ideal for short or long stays. The rent for the residences that the villa offers for unforgettable stays is not only cheaper than a hotel accommodation, but also much more chic.
2. The location is unique in Umbria: the villa is in fact situated in Perugia, in the countryside, but just a 15 minutes walk from the historic center of the medieval and Etruscan city, as well as from the illustrious “Università degli Stranieri” (University for Foreigners) and the prestigious Italian language school named “Lingua in Corso”. Perugia is also at the center of Umbria and Umbria is at the centre of Italy, the ideal location … and the more convenient for those who want to have a foothold to visit not only Perugia and Umbria but all central Italy. And why not? Even a single-day visit to northern and southern Italy is possible.
3. There is no need to have a car: at only about 600 feet of country road there are all kinds of city services: bus stop, supermarkets, shops, pizza restaurants, pastry and coffee shops. You will stay in the typical Umbrian countryside but at the same time you won’t miss what every Italian city offers.
In Perugia Villa Nuba is the closest villa to the historical center you can rent.
4. The owners live in the villa and are always available for any need or to give advice to their guests – but, at the same time, discreet and respectful of their guests’ sacred privacy. Also this is unique in rents throughout central Italy.
5. The three luxury apartments are all romantic, charming, furnished with antiques and provided with all modern comforts, including high-speed wireless, jacuzzi, smart TV, DVD player, dishwasher, washing machines, independent air conditioning and fireplaces in every cottage.
6. Each apartment has its own private and well equipped patio.
7. The new salt-water pool is equipped with color therapy and it is open every year from April to October.
8. Relax area with gazebos ( cabanas), barbecue area, aromatic garden and parking inside the property and under the olive trees.
9. Safe playground for children.
10. The elegant cottages are ideal for romantic couples as well as for families, groups of friends or extended stay in our charming Perugia. We are happy to be pet friendly.
DEL PINTURICCHIO CHARMING APARTMENT
Three-room apartment consisting of:
• Living room with fireplace and sofa bed
• Double bedroom (divisible into two beds if necessary) and with an EXCLUSIVE romantic ceiling: during the day a normal white ceiling … at night the ceiling will fill with thousands of romantic stars and show the Ursa Minor constellation! It will be like sleeping under a real romantic starry sky! It is also proven that sleeping under the stars improves the quality of sleep for young and old people.
• Master bedroom
• Bathroom with whirlpool bath, sink, toilet and shower
• Roof terrace
• Furnished garden (with garden table and chairs, sun beds)
The apartment is also equipped with.
• Satellite color TV
• High speed wireless Internet connection
• Fully furnished and equipped kitchen
• Albatros whirlpool tub
• Iron and ironing board
• Electronic Safe
• Small classified library
• DVD and CD player
• Living room with fireplace
• Air conditioning *
• Mosquito nets on each window
• Separate entrance
• Autonomous heating
• Refrigerator and freezer
• American coffee maker
THE OWNERS ARE GLAD TO HELP YOU FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS
To share with the other Guests of the villa:
A new and charming salt water swimming pool with color-therapy system and hot shower, barbecue area, children’s playground, sun beds, clothes dryer, Internet room with a free fast ADSL connection, garden, table tennis, parking inside the property and under the olive trees … and the fascinating landscape.
We get married in 2009 and after our honey moon in USA we definitely love travel and stay in other b&b and vacation rentals . On February,26 2013 was born our lovely baby 'Mr. Lorenzo'
We love trips,gardening,reading and we love to talk and drink the Umbria prestigious wine...with our Guests ... in front of the swimming pool with a plate of umbrian pecorino and parmigiano cheese or during the winter time in front the fire places. On request we are always happy to help our Guests for all their needs but we love to respect the total privacy of the Guests.
Giuseppe Nuzzaci purchased this villa in 1976
If you vould like to live like a local in Umbria in central Italy in charming and deluxe cottages full furnished for a total relax; if you don't like to be away from it all and you prefer to stay in the beautiful Umbria countryside but at only 15 minutes walking distance to the medieval center of Perugia...in this cases Villa Nuba is the only charming vacation rentals in Umbria for Your needs !!!
- The location: A historical villa in the countryside but at only 15 minutes walking distance medieval center of Perugia
-The view: all around the villa the Umbria green mountains and valley
- The great facilities: in each home jacuzzi, fire place, complimentary fast wifi,tv sat and lovely full furnished kitchens
- The charme of the garden and of the eco swimming pool with salt water with cabanas
- The owners that live in the main villa ( rare in Italy) are always happy to help the guests for all their needs.
I spent a fantastic holiday in Italy with my family this August. We decided to stay in Perugia for five days because the position of the city is perfect to visit Tuscany and Umbria alike.
We had a great time at Villa Nuba where Giuseppe Nuzzaci our host was welcoming us. He is a friendly, kind and funny young Italian who gave us many ideas what to see and where to eat. Giuseppe tried the famous Hungarian hot paprika sausages with us on the first night, that made a perfect match with the Italian Grappa… The Pinturicchio Apartment was as charming as described at the villa’s website and we had a great time there. We were cokking yummy dinners in the fully equipped kitchen and even though the weather did not permit a swim in the nice pool, our children tried the jacuzzi one night… It was good all of us could check the most important e-mails in the internet room. We devoted our first day to Perugia, then visited Gubbio, Arezzo, Siena and Cortona. Our guide book was the favourite Hungarian book of the family, Antal Szerb's Journey by Moonlight. In the book written in the 30s. The childhood friend of the protagonist became a monk in Gubbio in the monastery up on the hill, attached to the Basilica of St. Ubaldo. Thanks to Giuseppe we took the Funivia (cable car) to go up to the basilica, from where we so the most amazing view of the city and the scenery around. After 35 years we also went back to Arezzo, a dear town for us. In 1972 our Hungarian choir participated in the Concorso Polifonico and won two prizes in Arezzo. It was an exceptional feeling to show the places where we had sang decades earlier to our children.
In Siena, we had great Italian coffee on the Campo and were lucky to see the marble mosaic floor of the Cathedral, since the floor is only uncovered for two months a year. On our way back from Siena we decided to go to Cortona for dinner. I had already visited this beautiful town before and took my family to the Pizzeria Fufluns where I had had good lunches and dinners 5 years ago. We not only had great bruschetti and tasteful salmone affumicato in salsa di pepe rosa, but also happened to watch the Italy-Hungary football match, sitting in the middle of a group of Italians… We were happy about the outcome… (Scusi!)
We went up to Venice for two days from Perugia to finish a wonderful holiday.
I can only promise to go back to Perugia again and surely stay at Villa Nuba again, because a lot of nearby towns remained unseen for us: Spoleto, Assisi, Todi, Montepulciano etc. Since Lake Trasimeno is so close we would like to spend a day at the beach next time. Beautiful cities, nice villa, friendly host and the best pesto we ever tried, made by our host’s mother and given us by Giuseppe as a present when we said good-bye. We are thinking of our summer holiday a lot and can only recommend Villa Nuba to others. (But the Pinturicchio apartment is only free at times when we are not staying there….)
We spent a week at Villa Nuba and had a wonderful stay. Giuseppe couldn’t have been more helpful including meeting us in Perugia to help us find the villa and giving us a quick tour in his car to help us familiarise ourselves with the local area. The Villa was immaculately kept and the town of Perugia [a 20 min walk away] was wonderful. A great experience.
I had a fantastic family holiday at the wonderful Villa Nuba. I would highly recommend staying here if you're looking for a relaxing holiday and a central point from where to visit Perugia and Umbria. Not only are the apartments well equipped, spacious and clean but they have excellent additional facilities such as the pool and BBQ. To top it off, Giuseppe is just amazing. He was incredibly helpful before we arrived, helping us to organise transfers and a cooking class in particular, and he was a wonderful and gracious host during our holiday. He couldn't have been more helpful. For us it was wonderful as he went over and above. My wife and I would definitely come back to stay here. Thank you Giuseppe!
My husband and I spent 3 weeks at Villa Nuba in October. We celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary there. The location of Villa Nuba worked out great for us because we like to walk and didn't have a rental car for the first half of our stay. It was nice being in Perugia but not in the city center. It only took us 10 minutes to walk to the best cafe in the morning and 20 minutes to walk into the city center. We occupied the upstairs apartment with 2 bedrooms and hosted multiple guests. Everyone commented on how spacious it was and the spectacular views of the hills. One friend even said he'd choose "staying in" over going out since our place was comfortable and romantic. Best of all was Giuseppe helping us out and making sure we had everything we needed. We also loved the villa cat, Pato! I cooked most days and enjoyed using the fresh herbs at the villa. It will be great to come back and stay again. Maybe next time we will visit when it is warm enough to use the pretty pool area and swim.
We booked two of the apartments - the Pinturrichio and Bonfigli - for a week for an adult family group. The apartments were beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, well equipped and comfortable. The facilities and pool are every bit as fantastic as the photos on web pages - we enjoyed swimming and lazing by the pool, as well as several barbaques. The location is perfect, close to Perugia itself meaning a car wasn't strictly necessary and, unlike being in a more isolated location, it was easy for our family group to split up for an afternoon and do their own thing, or enjoy time together. The most wonderful, however, was having Guiseppe close at hand - towards the end of our stay my mother was taken ill and it was such a relief to have help to find a doctor and make the necessary arrangements, we really can't thank Guiseppe enough. We are very much looking forward to returning for what we hope will be a somewhat less eventful stay next year!
Villa Nuba was more than we expected. Clean, spacious, charming apartment with a beautiful view from the balcony. The price was more than reasonable for this 2 bedroom suite and we felt like we were spoiled by the accommodations. We highly recommend this to anyone staying in Perugia.
Villa Nuba is the perfect location for exploring first-hand not only the marvels of the Umbrian city of Perugia, but also the many delightful Umbrian and Tuscan hill towns such as Assisi, Cortona, Gubbio and Todi. So many incredible places are just a close drive away!
The historic centre of Perugia is only about a 15 minutes walking
At only 150 meters there is the bus stop.
At only 3 km there is the central train station.
At only 2 km there is the central bus station that connects Perugia with all of Umbria and Italy.
At only 200-300 meters there are stores, markets, shops, cafe.
About Umbria and Perugia: Situated in the centre of the Italian peninsula, the region of Umbria is traditionally considered the green heart of Italy.
As a guest, you certainly will be enchanted by the dazzling views of centuries-old villages perched atop radiant, green, rolling Umbrian hillsides. Equally delightful is a visit to the ancient city of Perugia, the regional capital, to wander its narrow, winding medieval streets. Built on the crest of a hill at an elevation of 493 metres, your gateway to the city will be the magnificent Etruscan Arch, still perfectly intact.
A memorable experience can also be enjoyed in the dark, mysterious passageways of the old underground quarter, which run under the fortress at La Rocca Paolina, commissioned by Pope Paul III and built by Antonio da Sangallo the Younger in 1549.
More About Umbria and Perugia: Other attractions are the Etruscan monuments, the museums, the fresh Umbrian air, the myriad of restaurants where diners can savour the traditional dishes of Umbria and Italian cuisine in general, and the friendliness of the locals, who have long been accustomed to the presence of visitors from other countries as Perugia is the home of the University for Foreigners for Italian Language Studies, the oldest and most prestigious institute of its kind in Italy. The Etruscan and medieval Perugia, a city of art, culture and nature. A city with important events which take place there throughout the year, for example the Umbria Jazz Festival (during the July month) and Eurochocolate (during the October month).If you should choose to be a guest at The Charming Villa Nuba Apartments, you will experience a truly unforgettable holiday.
The Charming Villa Nuba Apartments, the only luxury villa vacation rentals for short and long periods in Perugia, Umbria.
We will be glad to have you as our Guests .
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.