2 BR, 1 BA, Sleeps 4 at Yarmouth Country Cabins w deck and outdoor shower.
Audrey at Yarmouth Country Cabins
About Audrey at Yarmouth Country Cabins
The Yarmouth Country Cabins is a family owned and managed. We love the families visiting with us every year. The kids and adults enjoy getting to know each other. It has been our pleasure hosting the families that have made visiting YCC a yearly trip for over 33 years.
Audrey at Yarmouth Country Cabins purchased this Cabin in 1984
Why Audrey at Yarmouth Country Cabins chose South Yarmouth
It is a unique family experience.
What makes this Cabin unique
Unique benefits of renting cabin7: A nostalgic experience. In the 1980's, there were many of these properties located on cape cod. Now, there are very few left in operation. The cabin shares the 10 acres of land/woodlands that you will surely fall in love with.
Pool / Spa
Pets allowed - A good, family friendly breed is welcome. A good, family friendly breed is welcome.
Max guests: 4 (sleeps up to 4 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 25 - 25 years old to rent a cabin.25 years old to rent a cabin.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Great low-key rental
We really loved our stay at Yarmouth country Cabins. The property felt like a low key resort and it really did a great job keeping the kids occupied! The swimming pool was well maintained. There were lots of things for young people to do all around the property. The cabin was cozy and all the appliances worked. There were basic creature comforts that went a long way to make everyone happy. If we ever decide to vacation on the cape again, we'll be more than happy to come back here.
Cape get away
Great location for a cozy, quiet cabin.
Audrey met us when we arrived and was very friendly. She told us her family has owned the site for many years and I would find her Dad puttering around.
We stayed for memorial day weekend, apparently still a little pre-season. Unfortunately the heated pool was not open yet and it seemed things weren't quite in full swing for the summer.
The cabin was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed really and the beach was less than a mile walk or a short drive. Only thing I could have used that wasn't there were ice trays. We had a slight issue with some black ants but it's to be expected, it's in the woods and it's spring. I'd definitely go back mid-summer it's really a quaint memorable place. Thank you! !
Cozy and close to everything
We stayed after Labor Day, so it was quiet. I imagine "in season" there would be a lot of fun activity (fire, volleyball, ping-pong, swings, hammocks) outside of the cabins. We played bocce ball and enjoyed our screened porch, bbq grill, and outdoor shower. But mostly we left the cabin and enjoyed the cape's beaches and attractions. Thanks!
Clean and cute property
Loved the house and close drive to the beach
Loved how family friendly it was and close knit with the gatherings at the fire pit and the playground out back.
Kids Loved It
Our family travels almost monthly and regularly stay at airbnb's - we LOVED Cape Cod and hope to return someday!
1) Very family friendly - park, hammocks and bikes for the kids were awesome!
2) Heated pool - even on cooler June days, my kids stayed warm swimming
3) Central Location - Cape Cod is an amazing place and we had lots of fun exploring the area
Areas to Improve
1) Communication - we told the owner we'd arrive around 7:30 pm (after traveling 12 hours) and had zero instructions, office was dark, and no one answered our texts for 3 hours. We decided to search for the cabin and thankfully the door was unlocked. It was cold (would have been nice for a heater to be turned on for our arrival) and no towels for a shower. The next day we were told we needed to ask for a towel bin before arrival (communication about this ahead of time would have been helpful). A shower would have felt so nice that first night.
2) Beds - this cabin does not sleep 6 people. The couch is not a sleeper sofa and very little extra bedding is provided, thankfully I packed an extra pillow and blanket.
3) No oven - even a toaster oven would have been really nice in the space for heating up simple food for the kids
4) Instruction Book - it's always nice staying someplace with check out instructions, instructions for laundry, small things, like text the owner if you want a fire
5) Updates - it feels a little run down for what you are paying. Updated curtains that block the sunlight or a shower curtain that does not leak all over the floor, more than 3 spoons in the silverware drawer, and softer mattresses would all be simple, nice touches.
We would consider staying here again as it was one of our children's most favorite places to stay because of the playground/bikes - it was really nice for them to run & play outside, but felt with a few small improvements, the owners could make this an even better stay for adults.
Route 6 to ex 7 left off exit, first light (left) to Higgins Crowell Rd. Go to second set of lights. Left at light onto Route 28,(Chamber of Commerce is on your right if you want to pick up info). Follow approx 1.7 miles, passing Pirates Cove (it is .5 miles to us from Pirates Cove Minigolf), look for 878 route 28 South Yarmouth/ Bass River, 02664. We are on the left. Turn at the Rock and pool. Drive up to your cabin. Check in is all done with your reservation. Cabins 1-12 straight along the pool. Your cabin #is 7. Parking in front of cabin 7.
Other Activities: Cape Cod Baseball League available for fee. Mini golf, golf courses, go carts