|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
“In every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth” wrote Rachel Carson. Your family will have stories about the beach, sand, ocean, and salt marsh that will last a lifetime after spending a week in oceanfront “Drifting Dunes” .
Its location is one of the best on the Isle of Palms with direct access from its deck to the Grand Pavilion Boardwalk. From the Boardwalk you are just steps away from beach, two oceanfront swimming pools, a beach café, surf shop, and ice cream parlor. After spending the day in the sun and surf, your family during the summer months will be able to relax on the deck of “Drifting Dunes” and enjoy live entertainment that is featured in the evenings on the Grand Pavilion Boardwalk. The Wild Dunes Sports Pavilion and The Village at Wild Dunes are five minute walks from this amazing home. In the Village you will find the Fitness Facility, Wild Adventure Club, Amphitheater, Hudson’s and the Lettered Olive Restaurant. With the beach, swimming pools, dining options, shops and entertainment steps away from your home at “Drifting Dunes” , your family will never have to take the car anywhere throughout your vacation on the Island.
The stories of your stay on the Island will not be limited to just the beauty of nature, but will include the beauty and elegance of a very special property on the Isle of Palms. The living room is very comfortable and features a large flat panel television. The first level features a bedroom with two queen beds and private bath. The second level of the home features two additional bedrooms each with private baths. One of the two bedrooms features two queen beds and oceanfront views and the other a king. Finally, the top level of the home features a wonderful master bedroom with a large bath with a separate shower. The master bedroom also has a deck that provides great oceanfront views.
When it is time to head down to the beach, you will find that you are in one of the most desirable locations in the southeast. The beach is located across the Boardwalk. Spacious and clean your family will spend countless hours collecting sand dollars, seashells and building sand castles in front of the Grand Pavilion.
The Grand Pavilion Boardwalk is the heart of Wild Dunes and is used (based on season) as a venue for special events hosted by Wild Dunes Resort Catering Team. Where a schedule is not available to the public, Wild Dunes is required to have a swimming pool available for guest access at all times.
Like every grain of sand that tells a story of the earth, your family will collect countless stories and memories of the Isle of Palms when visiting “Drifting Dunes” .
Features Wild Dunes Resort Club Sports Card! A Sports Card is required to access the Club Swim Center, Club Fitness Room (entry fee), Tennis Center (court fees apply). Access granted to Palm Cove Pool after 3pm and Boardwalk Inn Pool after 4pm with Sports Card.
The Isle of Palms, like all barrier islands, has a dynamic beach near the inlet that separates the island from Dewees Island. The ebb and flow of the changing tides, through the inlet, creates and moves sand bars just off shore. These sandbars will channel waves between them, resulting in the massive buildup of sand along portions of the island where other areas may develop temporary erosional hot spots. These hot spots will feature a sand beach throughout the day outside an hour or so before and after high tide. Where a dry sand beach may be limited in these few areas at high tide, walking either direction will lead to an area where the sandbars have created an expansive beach to enjoy at any tide.
FREE WI FI
Listed rates do not include additional taxes & fees for the stay.
Listed rates may not reflect any current specials and/or discounts available.
Please inquire for an exact and all inclusive quote.
For payment, we accept V/MC/AMEX/DISC.
35% deposit due at time of booking
65% balance due 45 days prior to arrival
Travel Insurance is available for an additional 7% of the total cost plus taxes.
Live Like a Local
Marcia, Front Desk Manager, Beachside Vacations
A true South Carolinian, Marcia is from Greenville SC and has been in the Charleston area for over 25 years! She began hospitality right out of college as the Front Desk night manager at the Waccamaw House in Litchfield, SC. She and her late husband, John, ran Sewee Coastal Methodist Retreat Center in Awendaw, on the Intercoastal waterway while raising their four children. Marcia joined the Beachside Team 2012.
1. Enjoys the peace and moss draped serenity of the walking trails in Palmetto Islands County Park. Palmetto Islands County Park is located in Mt. Pleasant and also offers the areas only water park in addition to miles of walking trails. 843-406-6950.
2. Walking the beach from Breaches’ Inlet to the opposite end of Sullivan’s Island at Charleston Harbor.
3. Sunset cruise on the Palmetto Breeze. The Palmetto Breeze is the ultimate sailing catamaran docked in Shem Creek. They offer dolphin sails, tours of the historic Charleston Harbor and sunset sails. 843-886-8133.
4. Kayaking the salt marshes and back creeks of the Intercoastal waterway . Coastal Expeditions offers tours from Isle of Palms Marina and Shem Creek 843-886-9590.
5. Favorite is BBQ shrimp at Acme Lowcountry Grill! Located on the Isle of Palms, Acme Lowcountry Grill is one of Beachside’s favorite recommendations. 843-886-3474.
First of all, this home is not in pristine condition, it is an oceanfront beach house rental that takes a lot of abuse from weather and renters. Now on to my review. WE LOVED THIS HOUSE! The location is probably the best around especially for families with kids. Our kids were able to step off the deck and go swimming in the pool or walk down the boardwalk to the ocean. Great nightly activities in the pavilion area with live music almost every night. If you are looking for a never lived in pristine property, this is not for you. If you are looking to make memories with your family (the real purpose in life). You can't go wrong! Only downside is you can't grill in this community (which I get), but I would love to throw a few steaks on the grill one night!
We rent in Wild Dunes every year and love it . This was our first time renting outside of Wild Dunes rental company (Beachside Vacations) and we were not very satisfied. This home is in a great location, the layout is not too bad (a LOT of steps), and the pool side activities and convenience of food and afternoon/evening music are great. I tried to negotiate rate with these folks but was told it was a premium location, premium property and high season and NOT negotiable. I should have looked around more. We would stay in one of the same units there again but NOT this one.
This home, however furnished decent, is in need of repairs and has clearly been a cash cow for rentals and not been very well taken care of. Here are some examples:
The property was nicely firnished but not well maintained.
1) When you enter the house on the lower level it reeks of mildew/mold.
2) First floor door to the patio is not in good shape and hardly closes.
3) The outside of the home looks very well worn and is in need of new hardware and painting repair - it looks very bad in the deck area where we sat a lot.
4) The gate to the pool area is sagging and almost falling off
5) Many of the windows in the home wont stay open - need replacement of internal weights, etc
6) The walls and carpet in the home are beat up (note the heavy burlap style carpet is very hard on the feet)
7) The master bedroom bath is poorly designed - the tub is HUGE and the sinks have no space.
8) The door to the master bedroom deck is locked because the railing is disintegrating and needs replacement. This was NOT disclosed in advance and the marketing materials are misleading.
Again, great location, but a run down house. Pick one of the others
Come visit Wild Dunes located on the Isle of Palms. The cleanest beaches in the world! Just miles from downtown Charleston. Charleston hosts many annual festivals such as Spoleto, the Wildlife Expo and the Cooper River Bridge Run. Charleston is one of the greatest destinations on earth for weddings, vacations and all types of tourism.