Private 4-room Loft Suite, in host-occupied house. Serene, luminous, spacious, unique, very relaxing... ideal for early risers!
In between homes? Freelance on assignment? Visiting local friends or family? Corporate/business traveler? Long-term discounts available.
This 5/2 house is ideal for religious retreats, educational trips, sports teams on away games, family reunions... or as a daytime event space for wedding/bridal showers, direct sales events... We are however NOT a party house.
Listing shows “entire place” as the upstairs 4-room, 500 sq ft Suite is private for the first 6-7 guests:
- Gorgeous 10'x22' bedroom with King/Twins beds, 2 armchairs, desk & TV/Roku/Netflix/Prime,
- Exceptional 10'x18' sitting room w/2 Queen futons, TV/Roku/Netflix/Prime & table for 6
- Full bathroom with shower, double-sink & WC, PRIVATE
- Spacious landing w/closets, desk & chairs (empty suitcases can be placed in the attic).
- Floating Twin Ottoman for additional guests.
Vaulted ceilings with gable, clerestory & skylight windows with southeast exposure feel magical from dawn to glowing night skies.
Up to 2 extra bedrooms downstairs, only by request & for overflow if group larger than 6-7 (or guests not able to use the spiral staircase):
- BR3, large: Queen/Twins beds & Twin/Queen futon, for guests 7-10 - dedicated guest room with TV/Roku/Netflix/Prime & lots of closet space,
- BR4, small: Full bed & floating foam floor mattress, for guests 11-12 - Usually owner-occupied, no closet space.
- BR5, small: Full bed - not available, ALWAYS host/owner-occupied!
- Full bath, always SHARED with 2 owners or cohosts.
- Groups over 6, or using the downstairs bedrooms, may not use Instant Book & must send an enquiry first so we can help ensure you understand & agree to our setup.
- We offer flexible pricing for 1-14 guests, to remain accessible to solo travelers & this platform will calculate charges automatically. You may enquire about private bedrooms, at an additional $50-75/night depending on size.
- There are up to 8x2 beds, but another 1-2 pop-up beds could be added for short stays. These would greatly restrict the space, so please only request if you are organized & minimalistic.
- There are only 2 full baths total, so the larger the group, the more efficient you will need to be with your belongings & time.
We describe the space accurately, so please ensure this is suitable for your group & you are happy with the setup BEFORE choosing to stay with us.
Enjoy the kitchen & dining areas by taking turns with privacy, or sharing family-style; there is a 2nd round table for large groups to dine together.
1-2 seating groups in living areas (TV area & sunroom/garage are private host spaces).
Private backyard available to guests (porch & front yard are private host spaces).
There is room for 1-2 more cars on the driveway, depending on size.
No overnight street parking: $50 fine.
Additional parking available 0.3 miles away at shopping mall at 81-89 New Bridge Rd (offering Farmer’s Market, Grand Essex Market, Fish Market, 2 restaurants, etc.).
Our family home is located in a pocket residential/family neighborhood, close to parks, shops, restaurants & public transportation to NYC & large NJ malls/outlets.
You should use mapping apps to find all public transportation & simulate distances/travel times, as they depend on traffic & time of travel. You can use above address as your landmark: please make sure you are happy with our location BEFORE you book.
HOUSE MANUAL & RULES can be summarized with: Please enjoy but leave all as you found it, respect common/shared spaces, and be safe for yourself & our property.
- Our booking requirements are:
BEFORE ENQUIRY/RESERVATION: profile photo with self-portrait, everyone’s agreement to our house rules, telling us the purpose of your trip, full name of responsible party & each member of your group. Reservation platform permitting, we also require profile with matching government issued ID & reviews/recommendations from previous hosts.
AFTER RESERVATION: picture of photo ID/passport/photo ID, direct/private email & phone number.
Instant booking outside these requirements will not be kept: we strictly adhere to this policy & all above must be completed within 24h of your booking or it will be canceled.
- Take off your shoes upon entering, only keep 1 pair by the door (others in your BR).
- No rolling suitcases, nicking thresholds or smudging floors: carrying only.
- Spiral staircase can be tricky, especially with luggage, socks, children/elderly... Please request a downstairs bedroom if any concerns, monitor children & no socks.
- Careful not to scratch any steps, walls, etc. with suitcases or by moving furniture.
- Careful keeping the upstairs bathroom floor dry, as flooding will damage the downstairs TV area.
- Living spaces are for communal living, so clean/pick up after yourselves, no napping on sofas, place personal belongings back in your BR before leaving the house, etc.
- Close all windows before turning on the heat/AC, turn off all lights before bed/leaving, etc.: live sustainably.
- No AC below 76 & no heating over 70, or you may damage the system & cause +8K in claims. Please turn off fans & place AC/82 and heat/65 before leaving for the day to be efficient. Host reserves the right to do so if you forget.
- Close skylight before leaving the house to avoid any rain damage. Host reserves the right to do so if you forget, but it remains guest responsibility in case of damage.
- Shop for or deliver your own food & drinks; mini-mall 0.3 miles away, many restaurants deliver when ordering direct, or use ChowGopher, Über Eats... apps. Refrigerator door offers filtered water & ice.
- No eating or drinking outside of dining area & backyard: not in the living or bedrooms.
- Bring garbages from your bedrooms to the kitchen: sort all trash & plastic/glass/tin recycling in the bins under the sink, but paper/cardboard in a separate bag/box. Check calendar on refrigerator & place these 3 types of bags outside in the correct bins on the patio on the West side of the house: largest black rolling bin for trash, yellow for recycling & black with red handle for paper & cardboard. We will not sort your garbage & will pass on fines: be sustainable. Next-door neighbor Bill is our caretaker & will place them on the street by town schedule.
- Absolutely no smoking/vaping on the property: not in the house, not in the yard, not along the neighborhood. We will file a claim if we smell anything in the house, find butts in our or the neighbors’ yard, or if witnesses see you littering the neighborhood.
- No loitering or loud talking on the street: keeping neighbors happy is our priority.
- Zero tolerance for substance use, and intoxicated, unruly, loud, disrespectful or any damaging behavior: we will evict you immediately & keep both the rent & security deposit.
- Quiet hours are 8pm on school nights & 10pm otherwise: strictly enforced in this family home & to maintain the goodwill of our neighbors. We wake up around 6-7am.
- No parties & no visitors: access reserved to guests registered on the reservation only.
- The cleaning fee covers the average time for a deep clean & laundering of all bedding after check out. Please maintain all during your stay as you found it at check in. Long term guests should expect regular housekeeping checks to monitor garbages, supplies, efficiencies & conditions. Regular fee-based cleaning & laundry available for long-term stays.
- Owner reserves the right to have sound/image electronic recording of all exterior, entries, common areas & owner-only spaces, to monitor correct count of guests & ensure the safety of our property. Neighbors are helpful in monitoring all as well.
- Certified service animals are welcome, but must accompany the owner at all times & cannot be left behind or unattended.
- We recommend earplugs for train/fridge/cosleeping noise & eye covers as there are no room-darkening window treatments: most love waking up with the sunrise, but bring protection if that’s not your case.
- Throughout your stay, please discuss all we can do to improve all/most guests’ stay. We look forward to rating you as 5 star guests, which will show on your profile, but also unlock and allow you to instant book even more listings with high criteria.
Thank you again for respecting above rules, so all people of goodwill can enjoy the stay!
CHECK OUT EXPECTATIONS PLEASE:
- Let us know immediately if anything got broken or damaged during your stay, so that we can involve the insurance to get it fixed ASAP.
- Housekeeper comes shortly after 10am, to prepare the house for our next guests.
- Leave all spaces as neat as you found them & check that you don’t forget anything.
- Take out all your trash & recyclables as described above.
- Turn off all lights & place thermostats on 82/AC or 65/heat, check that all exterior doors are locked & leave the key on the white desk by the entrance.
- Use the front door for leaving: after opening the door, turn the button on the round knob to lock the handle & pull the door shut behind you.
- Test the door one more time, before getting on the road.
THANK YOU !!!
Our home is very precious to us: we will evict you without a refund & will claim the warranty if you break any of the house rules, if your behavior risks causing any damage to our property, or if any member of your group is disrespectful to me, my child, our neighbors or our cohosts.
We thoroughly enjoy the hosting experience, and +90% of our stays have been with wonderful guests from every socio-cultural background, young & old, families & professionals... a rainbow of people that have enriched our lives, and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you in the same spirit.
Leen & James, or cohosts.