Cottage for 8 people at the top of Ver sea near the lighthouse
- english, french
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Beautiful spacious house and garden in fantastic location
The house is a great space, plenty of seating areas inside and out. The garden is stunning and lovely to sit on the terrace at night. We had a dog and the garden was fully secure so he could run around off lead. We were 5 adults and a dog and had plenty of space. The house has everything you need. The village has supermarket, bakery and butchers. We had a small problem with the toilet and shower in the pool area but it couldn’t be helped and did not affect our enjoyment of the house. We were given fresh eggs from the chickens and plums from the garden, a lovely personal touch from the owners. There is no air conditioning and we arrived in 40degrees heatwave but it cooled down next day and all was well. Highly recommend this house and beautiful surroundings.
Great place for multi-generation family!
A beautiful, very clean house with plenty of room for 8 of us to spread out in during our visit to Normandy. It was a great base for our excursions around the area.
Incredible Home with Ocean View
We could barely force ourselves to leave this wonderful home in Ver-Sur-Mer, one of the really lovely coastal villages along the north shore in Normandy. Ghislaine and Herve were absolutely wonderful (and discreet) hosts and their home is unbelievable. First of all, it's IMMACULATE, so clean, and I don't know who the gardener is but the entire house is surrounded in stunning flower gardens. The flow of the house is so nice and there are front and back terraces, a back glassed-in porch, so many great gathering spaces for our family of six adults. We cooked a lot and it was so easy in the well-equipped kitchen; plenty of dishes and utensils for all. Then we'd gather at the front terrace dining table (one of four available in and outside the house) with a view of the ocean across the gardens in the yard and over the roofs of a few other homes. It was cool out too, mid 60s with ocean breezes, just magical.
The driveway accommodates several cars and has a very handy backup area to make it easy to get in and out. There are hens in the far backyard and a koi pond. A very good grill is out back too.
Bathrooms were plentiful and water pressure was great with lots of hot water. Lots of outlets available throughout house, as well--it's just set up perfectly! The TV works great, you can access netflix and they have channels for kids too.
We didn't use the pool but only because we were out so much (did a private day tour of Omaha and Utah Beaches with Overlord Tours, highly recommend).
Anyone who rents this home is doing themselves a BIG FAVOR. It's Fantastic. We'd go back in a heartbeat and will recommend this property to everyone. Thank you, Herve and Ghislaine!
Fabulous Place to Stay in Normandy
The house was even better than expected, herve and his wife were more than gracious. Highly recommend their home. Will stay there again if in Normandy. Thanks again herve.
So much space, very clean and nice
We loved staying here, the house was perfect for our family and had all the amenities we could have needed. The owners are very kind and the house was very clean and easy! What a wonderful place to stay for our family of 7
Thank you for your very kind comment.
Great place for a family and dog
Everything you ever wanted to have in a holiday home. The place is fully equipped, quiet and very conveniently located. Good restaurants nearby and a nice pool to relax after a day out.
We would like to return.
Thank you for your kind words.
We would be delighted if you would return.
- Memorial sites of the landing of June 6, 1944 (Ouistreham, Arromanches, Pointe du Hoc, Memorial Museum of Caen etc.)
- sites related to the history of William the Conqueror (Romanesque abbeys, ducal castle of Caen, castle of Falaise and Bayeux tapestry).
- Ver sur mer family seaside resort (supervised beach, tennis, sailing school)
- shops within walking distance: supermarket, bakery, butcher, tobacconist, restaurant, museum, medical office and pharmacy.
- port of Courseulles sur mer (fishing and yachting) 5km: sale of fishing products on the port, large market 2 times a week, many shops and leisure (Carrefour, Mac Donald) and dozens of restaurants for all tastes and all prices, amusement park for children, swimming pool with heated seawater, tasting of oysters and seafood live producers or fishermen.
- numerous seaside resorts on the Côte de Nacre within a radius of 20 km with casinos, balneotherapy and thalassotherapy.
- CAEN (20km): Ducal castle of the Middle Ages, Normandy museum, Memorial museum, Romanesque abbeys, horse races, theaters, cinemas, concert halls, large amusement park for children, all shops in the city center and supermarkets in peripheral.
- BAYEUX (15km): Bayeux tapestry, museums, Cathedral, all shops, supermarkets (Leclerc, Carrefour etc), markets twice a week.
- ARROMANCHES (10km) (Port Winston), seaside resort and artificial harbor of the 2nd World War.
- OUISTREHAM (24km) seaside resort, maritime station, historical site of the 2nd World War, site of the Commemoration of the 70th anniversary.
Cabourg (60km) HOULGATE (60km) quaint seaside resorts
- Pont l'Eveque and the Pays d'Auge (70km) Norman typical habitat, local products and horse breeding
- Honfleur (80km) Port immortalized by Impressionist painters, museums, old houses and typical hall
- DEAUVILLE (83km) seaside resort of international renown, airport
- ETRETAT CLIFFS (140km) resort and its hollow needle
- ROUEN (150km) capital of Upper Normandy, historic city
- MONT SAINT MICHEL (140km) abbey from the Middle Ages on an island in the middle of an immense bay, with very high tides
- GRANVILLE (130km), fortified port and departure point for daily cruises to the Channel Islands of Jersey, Guernsey, the Channel Islands and Chausey
- SAINT-MALO (190km) city corsair
VER SUR MER its central location makes it easy to visit Normandy or Brittany North, motorway and road network quality reducing travel time (1:40 Rouen, Mont Saint Michel 2h, Deauville 1h15)
VER SUR MER has many tourist attractions combining the Coast with its seaside resorts and its memorial sites and historical cities of Caen and Bayeux.
Finally come to taste our culinary specialties: tripe Caen style, andouille de Vire, oysters, seafood, fish, Norman cheeses, Camembert, Pont l'Eveque, caramels from Isigny, shortbread Asnelles, rice pudding (dessert cinnamon).