About the property
- Estate3796 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 8 nights
Gated Estate Home, Total of 4 Bedrooms, 5 Baths, 17 beds (Sleeps 22 max)
A four bedroom properly (Main House + 'Ohana' Studio unit) is on a non-smoking / no-pets property (3746 square feet/348 square meters), single level with a panoramic view of the ocean.
Main house (3 bedrooms: 'Master,' 'Twin' & 'Big') has two kings, one double, and ten single beds (or 3 doubles + 4 singles) for a total of 13 beds / 4 baths .. 'Ohana' room has one king, one double and two single beds; 4 total beds / 1 bath.
When sleeping double in king & double beds gives a maximum occupancy of 20-22 persons.
FEATURES OF LAKO HOUSE:
* Living Room (376 sq ft): Two sofas, entertainment system (large TV with cable, VCR, DVD, many movies on CD & tape), two couches & chair, large coffee table, and ceiling fan. Access to pool, jacuzzi, barbecue area (back yard).
* Master Bedroom (605 sq ft): One king (two persons), and one sofa bed with trundle (two persons). Has TV and VCR, reclining chair, ceiling fan, two separate (his/hers) bathrooms: one shower, one shower/tub, two basins, two toilets, one bidet, two large closets, and two ceiling fans. Private sliding door with access to side yard. Space for optional full-size bed and/or futons (two to three more persons).
* Bedroom #2 ('Big Room' / 536 sq ft): One king (two persons), two single (two persons), and two very large couch beds (two to three persons) that can be put together two make a king-size bed. Desk and chair, ceiling fan. Private access to front yard, Space for optional full-size bed and/or futon (two to three more persons). Adjoining common shower and basin area.
* Bedroom #3 ('Twin Room' / 209 sq ft): Two single beds (two persons). Ceiling fan, private access to side yard. Bathroom with tub, shower, basin, and ceiling fan.
* Bathrooms: All three Main House bathrooms have ceiling fans, hair dryers, shampoo, and hair conditioner. Fourth 'bath' is actually a separated shower and basin area; the toilet is for separate 'guest-use' located in the entry hall area.
* 'Ohana' unit (690 sq ft): Studio unit with private access with kitchenette, large living area, ceiling fans. Has TV, DVD player, cable internet connection, phone. Bathroom with tub, shower, basin, and toilet. NOTE: If you do not rent the Ohana, it will be locked and NOT rented to any other group for the duration of your stay at Lako House.
* More Property Features: There are two sets of washer and dryers (inside and outside), Lanai (434 sq ft) with tables and chairs for seating 25 people, outdoor swimming pool with waterfall, jacuzzi. Separate Dining Room (289 square feet) with seating for eight, high vaulted ceilings in all rooms, ceiling fans in all rooms. The barbecue area has separate charcoal and gas stations. Gated property with full security alarm. Property also has high speed cable internet with wireless & wired connections
* View: Master Bedroom, Living and Dining rooms face the ocean (West) with an unobstructed panoramic 130 degree ocean view from the Lanai. Second bedroom view is to the North (front yard) and the Third bedroom faces South (side yard).
The property is on a 19,000 square foot lot and has trees and greenery separating the nearest three neighbors' property to the east and the south. To the west (ocean view direction) and north, the property sits on top of a 30 foot high wall and overlooks the properties far below (no neighbors) and Lako Street to the north.
ADDITIONAL RENTAL INFORMATION:
* Guest reviews on VRBO; see the 'REVIEW' tab
* Availability: Please see VRBO availability calendar, VRBO #: 13292
* Depending upon booking season & cancel notice timing, cancellation charges do apply (see policy listed on VRBO). Cancellation Fee less 5% is returned if other renter is found for same period
Lako House Staff
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, Mandarin, Japanese
- Calendar last updated:
- May 16, 2018
About Lako House Staff
We've traveled around the world quite a lot and find that Hawaii is a natural mid-point between the USA and Asia (another frequent destination of ours). Lako House has groups coming from North America, Europe and Asia.
Lako House Staff purchased this Estate in 2000
Why Lako House Staff chose Hōlualoa
The Big Island has it all ! It has the most diversity of the Hawaiian island climates, the most diversity of people and food (!) and, the most amazing range of possible activities !! Of all the Hawaiian islands (Big Island included), Kona has the best weather, least rainfall, and also offers a quieter, less populated and more relaxed atmosphere. Lako House is a very spacious place even for very large groups just staying or hosting events, parties and wedding receptions, etc. In addition, Kona has very little rain and Lako House's location (300ft elevation) much less heat & humidity (and traffic!) than right at the beach (but we're still just 5 minutes away). Do check out our reviews on VRBO: See the 'REVIEW' tab on the VRBO portal
What makes this Estate unique
Lako House is a very spacious place even for very large groups just staying or hosting events, parties and wedding receptions, etc. In addition, Kona has very little rain and Lako House's location (300ft elevation) much less heat & humidity (and traffic!) than right at the beach (but we're still just 5 minutes away). Do check out our reviews on VRBO: See the 'REVIEW' tab on the VRBO portal
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Loved staying at Lako House!
As advertised - large and spacious, could fit lots of people and not feel crowded. Great outdoor space with beautiful view of ocean. Kids loved the pool! Adults loved the hot tub! Large kitchen that was well stocked. Separate Ohana unit was perfect for those who wanted a little more quiet than what we had in the big house. Great location and Bill was very easy to work with and accessible for any issue or question. Highly recommended!
Aloha Theresa ... Thank you once again for staying at Lako House. We love to hear that a big group such as yours had a great time and hope to see you folks back someday again at Lako House ... Mahalo Nui Loa !! bill
Great house for a large family!
Bill, thank you for everything! Our family vacation was perfect. Our family consisted of three generations (26 members) so we needed a lot of space. Our family wanted to avoid hotels since we all just wanted our own privacy so finding these homes (lako, ohana, hnd) were perfect.The Lako house was large enough to gather in and all three homes were able to room all members, giving us all of us our privacy when needed! We spent everyday in the pool and hot tub! Still missing the pool and the 180 view! The kitchen was also huge which made it so much easier for all of us to cook and enjoy dinner together. Everything regarding the Lako house, ohana, and HND posted on here and on the lakohouse.com were accurate! Bill is so detailed oriented and easy to work with. If we had any questions or concerns, he was quick to respond. I highly recommend the Lako house, Ohana, and HND to anyone looking for a home to accommodate a large party. From our family to yours, thank you Bill!
Hello again Julia !
We are very happy that your extended family had a great time on the Big Island and of course, at Lako House + HND.
Thank You also so very much for treating our Lako House & HND with great care & kindness ...
And although the number of folks staying was very large, your family left Lako + HND in very good order and it's groups like yours that keep us wanting a repeat visits.
Please do stay with us someday again in the future.
All the best,
Gorgeous views with a spacious house
Gorgeous views overlooking the ocean with a pool and hot tub. Perfect vacation week to celebrate my husband’s birthday. There were 3 couples and plenty of room for all of us. This is also great for large families because it was so spacious. Kitchen was huge so we stayed in to cook most nights. It also had a BBQ which we used a lot. We would highly recommend it and would definitely stay here again.
Thank you Anne !
We are very pleased to learn that you folks had a great time at Lako House.
Thank you also for the kind feedback during your stay. Feedback is a gift we do cherish and it inspires us to improve the stay experience for all who come to stay at Lako House.
We look forward to another visit perhaps from someone in your group in the near future.
Mahalo Nui Loa !!
Family Christmas Vacatin
Fanastic views! Great Space! With a family of 14 with a wide range of ages, it was great to have mutliple patio sets to eat together.The kitchen was spacious enough that we had different folks doing differen things.. the neighborhood was quiet.. perfect sunsets..close to Magic Sands Beach... would definitely stay again, if we go back with a big group..
Thank you Cathy for your feedback.
We look forward in potentially hosting your group again at Lako House for your next Big Island stay !
Beautiful pool, views, and extremely helpful owner
We had a group of 20 staying at the Lako house, studio, and house next door. Amazing experience! Highlights included:
- pool and hot tub with 180 degree views of ocean
- sunsetting over water every night
- grill and outdoor seating by pool for 20 to eat diners in same area each night
- extremely close proximity and some space for separate families between the main house, studio, and house next door
- Bill the owner is super attentive and helpful with any and all questions about the house and the island. He is also very organized in getting payments for place and clearly laying out all expenses for house, cleaning fees, taxes, and credit card surcharge in very transparent manner
- separate fridges and washer/dryer in house, studio and house next door
- property was clean and very well described on the website
Phenemonal experience and magical place to celebrate my 40th birthday!! Thank you, Bill!
Thank you Dan for your kind feedback !
We are pleased to hear your group had a great stay and do look forward to potentially hosting your next stay at Lako House.
Greatest vacation home in Kona, Big Island!!
We were so much glad to stay at Lako House in December. There is no better place than Lako House. Enjoyed beautiful sunset ocean view every day and you can actually see the horizontal line to feel the roundness of earth. Entire property is well maintained and the owner definitely provide such excellent service. The swimming pool and Jacuzzi were very clean and made us so much relaxed and even watched lots of stars while we were enjoying Jacuzzi hot bath. We really hope to go back to this place again and definitely recommend everyone who is looking for the perfect place to stay in Big Island.
Aloha Mike & Junko !
We are very pleased to hear your family enjoyed your stay at Lako House !
We hope you folks will come and stay at Lako House again someday in the near future.
We wish you all very Happy New Year 2018 !!
Walk, Drive or Transit to Shopping & Dining, Drive by car to nearest in-town shopping or dining is less than 5 minutes away, Downtown is less than 10 minutes away, The closest Beach (Kahalu'u Beach Park) is too far to walk to but is about 5 minutes by car, In the Kailua-Kona area (by car), the nearest beaches are along the road called Ali'i Drive, Nearby Golf Courses (20 of them on the Big Island !)
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Important: Main House has 3 bedrooms plus Ohana Studio unit gives you a total 4 bedrooms total, 5 bathrooms. If your group is 10 persons or less and YOU do NOT want the Ohana unit, please let us know and we will adjust your quote appropriately. NOTE: If you do not rent the Ohana, it will be locked and NOT rented to any other group for the duration of your stay at Lako House. Cancellation Policy: Cancellations ARE permitted but there are also cancel fees levied. Please see the Lako House Rental Agreement on VRBO portal for our cancellation policy. Cancel fees are calculated based upon season booked (Peak, High, Standard, Low) and how much notice was given at the time of the cancellation request.