|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
August, September and October are fantastic times to stay. The winds are down, river crowds are gone and the local fruit stands and wine rooms are going strong. This amazing property has over 1000 feet of waterfront. Step out of your Cabin right on to the deck overlooking the dock and great ski water or to the luscious lawn, planted with huge sycamores, figs, and willows. Seasonal blackberries are ready to pick for breakfast. Drop a line in the water, and relax to the sounds of native egrets and watch our local cottontails frolic.
The cozy cabin is located on a four acre private peninsula in the heart of the Delta. The large dock for fishing and boating, the small dock near the 'swimming hole' gives swimmers access as well as sunbathing opportunities. The low tide beach is great for exploring the native egret rookery. The beautiful full deck overhanging Steamboat Slough is perfect for enjoying dinner, drinks, board games or just relaxing.
The property has a additional pathway, we have named Grassel Pass (After a great friend who cut the first path) for you to explore the native bird rookery, amazing delta wildlife, and provides additional access to 4 private beaches and remote camp sites.
PRIVATE RENTAL OF ENTIRE PROPERTY IS AVAILABLE AT REASONABLE RATES.
Camping sites available on first come first serve basis.
Large tent trailer for 7 available.
Local wildlife: otter, beaver, mink, cotton tail rabbits, pheasant, quail, Large native Snowy Egret and Great Blue Heron rookery. 100's of Cormorants circle in and nest every night as well.
Beautiful water-skiing, fishing, large yard for games, kids and dogs.
Extra buoys for raft-ups.
WATERFRONT RV SITES WITH FULL HOOKUPS
Some Delta rules that you MAY need to consider:
1. It is against DSC policy for you to work or worry about work at any time during your stay at DSC. However, if you insist, a computer with internet access will be provided for you. Please resist the temptation to look in on daily responsibilities of life back home. Most find that all your worries, trials and tribulations will be safe when left at home and will still be there once you get back to the 'outside world', but have shrunk and diminished in overall manageability.
2. DSC operates on 'Delta Time'. This requires a mental re-boot upon arrival. 'Delta time' means that there is no time and at no time is there anything you must or need to do. i.e. there are no such things as 'should of's', 'could of's', have to's, if only's, honey do's, honey don't's etc. There are only things you did, are doing, and will be doing if you feel like it. Some people are able to get themselves on 'Delta time' easier than others, some have trouble adjusting; therefore, training on getting yourself and the rest of your party on to 'Delta Time' is available upon request and is a free service provided by the experts within the DSC Staff. There are some pre-stay mind exercises that are helpful and you and/or any of your party that is particularly stressed or worried about life's challenges prior to your stay may find it helpful to practice prior to arrival. Blocking any and all incoming thoughts of responsibility is a acquired skill. If this pertains to you, please practice saying the following to your self as often as necessary prior to arrival and the re-booting process on to 'Delta Time'. (Note: Many find the consumption of an adult beverage helpful in the initial re-booting process on to 'Delta Time'; therefore, a bottle of Champagne will be provided for you upon arrival. Please specify blush or white. Substitute and/or add- sparkling cider where appropriate. Please make choice and stipulate with second 1/2 payment of rental sum.)
Say out loud as often as necessary so as pertinent thought process will become automatic when it is becomes applicable once on DSC grounds :
1) Who cares?
2) So what!
3) Maybe-maybe not, haven't given it any thought.
Note: If any of the above are ineffective practice saying 'No Comprende'
3) Lime in left pocket- salt in right pocket. Repeat 5-10 times)
4) That was great! Let's do that again!
5) Eat, sleep, ski, fish, party, rest, repeat. (Not necessarily in that order, adjust as needed.)
6) Key objective. Be here (DSC) now. (Can't be in two places at the same time anyway so don't try.)
Practice makes perfect. Help and encouragement among and within your group my be necessary for those who struggle with initial re-boot; however, all are capable of the mindset- there are no exceptions.
Keywords: Rustic Cabin on 4 acre property in the heart of the Sacramento Delta
Scott is a 4th generation farmer on Ryer Island. He graduated from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and returned to his great love, agriculture. He married Demi in 1979 and after living in San Luis Obispo, moved back home to Rio Vista. After a short time they moved out to one of the ranch houses on the island and lived and worked there for 15 years.
In 1994 they bought a house and moved to Walnut Grove. In 1996 Demi gave birth to son Malcolm and in 1998, daughter Kerrison.
We love to travel and spent many summers exploring and fly fishing the rivers of Montana, Idaho, and South Dakota.
We have decided to open up our lovely vacation home to the public not just due to the income but because it is so amazing to see our area through the eyes of someone else. We have had several youth groups come from large cities who get such a look of surprise on their face when they pick and eat their first fresh blackberry. Sharing this beautiful and serene place with others is very rewarding in many ways.
The Owner purchased this cabin in 1995
This property has been used by generations of the Stewart family and their friends for many wonderful years. It is one of the few 'waterfront' properties left in the Delta. We have had weddings, birthday parties, Easter Egg hunts, and just general fun.
The peace and quiet of being away from the home phone and the honey-do list lets us relax and enjoy our family time together. Whether we are battling at bocci ball, or sitting on the deck watching the many birds fly by and discussing life issues like, what our favorite color is, or talking about the 'old days', we have truly found some quality time.
Scott and Demi, Thank you so much for letting us have the most beautiful wedding in the most beautiful place. Thank you for all the extra help...We hope you will have us again. We are talking family reunions and anniversaries! Thank you, thank you, thank you...
Scott and Demi go out of there way to ensure a WONDERFUL stay!!
Property is picture perfect! Woke up to calm waters and picturesque private surroundings! Our family truly enjoyed everything the property had to offer: Fishing all day and late into the evening; fires and S'mores in the evening; relaxing all day and watching our grand-daughter play; sitting on the deck and watching the water go by!!
Looking forward to future visits! THANK YOU AGAIN, Scott and Demi for making our stay so pleasurable!!!
First I must say that Scott and Demi are incredible people. They had a cancelation and were able to take us at the last minute when another place fell through. They were my angels! They were very considerate, flexible, and generous. I could tell that they really cared about us and people in general. It was a great place for me and my bridal party to stay the night before my wedding and bake a pizza. We were all able to get ready there in the morning and the Grand Island Mansion was just a ferry ride away. My brides maids were all very impressed with the bathrooms. There was plenty of room for parking. After the wedding ended at 4, I returned and took in the wonderful sight of my close friends and family sitting in the numerous chairs and tables on the deck out back overlooking the water. They swam off the dock, played horse shoes, snacked, and socialized. They all had a great time and many commented that they would like to rent this home someday. When they all left, it was the perfect spot for my husband and I to spend our first night together as man and wife. We will definitely be returning in the future, perhaps for the occasional anniversary escape! Simply beautiful, thank you a million times over! I recommend this for anyone.
Let me start by saying what a fun, wonderful and peaceful place this was to spend a long weekend with a great group of friends. We had a reunion of sorts with about 16 people (we are in our early 30's), and we rented the entire property from Thursday till Sunday. Showing up Thursday, a few of us were greeted by Scott & Demi, and they gave us a quick tour of the property, a brief rundown of where things were (outdoor activity items for the huge lawn and other fun stuff), and the phone # 's we could reach them at in case we had any other questions.
Our itinerary for the weekend included BBQ'ing, fishing, swimming and water skiing / tubing, and enjoying cold beverages through the afternoon and into the evening. After a pretty massive Costco run, we had everything in line to enjoy one of the most unforgettable weekends I've ever had.
While Scott painted a very clear picture of what to expect, here is a reminder to all future users of the property:
1) With 10+ people, I definitely advise on bringing camping supplies (tents/sleeping bag).
2) Bring a boat or rent one nearby. Bring your fishing equipment (we caught a good amount of fish using bait from the local bait store). Enjoy the Delta to the fullest!
3) Bring plenty of ice/coolers to avoid the need to go the store during your stay and for additional food storage for bigger groups.
With these 3 Suggestions, as well as Scott & Demi's "Delta Time" rules, you cannot fail.
The experience is somewhere between being at a cabin with a touch of "roughing it" (if you have 10+ people, I'd encourage tents). Spending the day on the river, tubing and skiing couldn't have been more fun. One of the things that I valued the most was that the property is pretty private and you don't have to worry about disturbing neighbors late into the evening. Almost every VRBO property I looked at from the Russian River to Lake Tahoe, you could expect a house within a stones throw. We were able to play our music at a high volume past midnight knowing we weren't going to upset anyone. One of the better memories was playing our instruments and singing songs on the fantastic deck with the river directly in front of us. It is also Dog-Friendly!
If you think about having to go home while you're there, you might just experience the Delta River Blues. Scott & Demi, I can't thank you enough for sharing your place with us, and I can't wait till the next time we round up and enjoy it again!
Courtland Pear Fair-July 26 -Parade,J. Rollerz Band, great local foods, vendor booths, and lots of pear pie.-October-Rio Vista Bass Derby. Guide Delta Tours Available, Guided Water Ski boat Available, Guided Duck and Goose Hunting Available.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|