Experience the tranquil beauty of Placid Lake and surrounding wilderness any time of year in this distinctive and comfortable home. Situated on a hill, the panoramic scenery is featured from many vantage points throughout the property and house with many spaces to relax and/or congregate.
Enjoy 220 feet of shoreline with plenty of Sunnies, Crappies, Bass, and Northern Pike to catch right off one of two available docks. To venture out further, a canoe and two fishing kayaks are provided. A 22' pontoon is available for rent for fishing or cruising the lake. There is a sandy/rocky bottom good for swimming. Outdoor games are available to play on the hilltop lawn, which also includes a fire pit with plenty of firewood.
The house accommodates up to 11 guests in the summer, 9 in winter, and includes a full kitchen, 3 bedrooms, loft, 'Eagles Nest' (small upper bedroom), 1.5 bathrooms, and a sauna—great for families and get-togethers or a peaceful getaway.
Note: The lower private bedroom with queen bed is closed in the winter months. 4-wheel drive is required to access the house in winter. Without 4-wheel drive, a 250 ft walk up the hill to the house is required.
• Master bedroom with king bed, washer and dryer in laundry closet.
• Main level bathroom with shower (no bath), two sinks, and electric sauna.
• Kitchen with plenty of counter space, cupboard space for dry goods, French press or drip coffee makers. Sliding door with porch off kitchen. Your chef will enjoy an open layout with the dining/living area that allows for interaction and a view of the lake.
• Dining area with seating for 6.
• Living room area with fireplace.
• Large sun room with lots of windows, sofa, chairs, table with seating for 4, TV with Dish network and Wifi through Viasat (Satellite Internet).
• Main level deck with large propane grill and patio seating.
• Up the spiral staircase.
• Loft area has 2 twin beds. View of lake from second level window.
• Through the loft, enter the spacious 2nd level bedroom with 2 twin beds and a queen. Views of lake through the windows.
• Up spiral staircase from 2nd level bedroom.
• Small room, “Eagle’s Nest,” with twin bed and great views of the lake.
• Enter rooftop deck through the Eagle’s Next.
Lower Private Bedroom (*summer only*):
• Has separate entrance from the lower deck. Great view of the lake.
• Queen bed and half bathroom.
• Couch and TV with Dish Network.
Adjacent to the back deck you will find a slope with some steps up to a hilltop lawn area featuring a fire pit overlooking the lake. Back to the house and around the side deck you will find steps to the lower bedroom deck, and still more stairs to the front lawn area. (There is another entrance to the front lawn from the kitchen deck on the other side of the house.) Down another set of steps landscaped with railroad ties you will find the lake lawn area with a wood swing. Taking a stroll down a mowed path you will find the lakefront area with canoe and kayaks and a small lawn, as well as the dock. From the lawn there is a small entrance to the lake in a break between a boulder wall. The lake bottom is sandy/rocky and good for swimming. There is a 'swimming hole' -type area between the shore and dock.
TV and Internet:
Dish network with TVs in the sun room and lower private bedroom. WiFi through Viasat Satellite internet.
There is a garage with space for two cars.
A 17 foot canoe and two 10 foot kayaks are provided.
We have a 22 ft. pontoon boat available to rent for $550 per stay (available through October 21st). It is a Premier 225 Legend with a 50 hp motor.
It is a private lake with no access on the property. No outside boats are allowed on the lake.
During winter, we recommend a four-wheel drive vehicle to climb the steep gravel driveway.
Nestled among dozens of beautiful lakes the area is famous for, Falconhurst is conveniently located within minutes of Ruttger's resort with golf, gourmet dining, a convenience store, and other entertainment options. Nearby Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area is famous for mountain biking with over 25 miles of riding spread across 800 acres of paved and singletrack trails. Brainerd is a short drive west and Grand Casino Mille Lacs is a short drive south. The towns of Deerwood, Crosby ('antique capital of the Brainerd lakes area'), and Ironton are just minutes away.
Swim, fish from the dock, paddle, or just relax on the deck and enjoy the great outdoors. A stay at Falconhurst is a truly unique and memorable experience.
(The name "Falconhurst" comes from the name of the tree house built by the Robinson family in the 19th century classic Swiss Family Robinson, by Johann David Weiss. In the novel, the shipwrecked family share an exciting and heroic adventure on a tropical island paradise. We hope you will bring your family to Falconhurst to enjoy your own memorable adventure in paradise!)