Old house with 2 bedrooms, large garden, 2 min walking distance from old city
La Maison du Couvent - Caroline & Max GIGANDET
- english, french, spanish
About La Maison du Couvent - Caroline & Max GIGANDET
We are both native from the Beaune area, and we just achieved the complete renovation of this former Convent from the 17th century. This building has got a lot charm, and many of the original materials are still in place, including the classic oak-beamed ceiling, some old parquet floor, and classic and original tiles. We did the renovations as it was our “home sweet home”, creating a warm and personal decoration, to provide the best feeling to our guests. All the renovations have been made by local craftsmen, and as an interior architect I had a lot of pleasure to coordinate their work and put in relief all the character from the past. The kitchen has been made on demand, with top range selection of kitchen appliances, we have carefully selected the beds, including large dimensions (1 Kind size bed – 180 x 200 / 2 single beds 90 x 200). We have done a mix of modern and old pieces of furniture, selected some warm painting colors (Farrow & Ball / Ressources), to provide our guests the nicest stay as possible.
La Maison du Couvent - Caroline & Max GIGANDET purchased this House in 2014
Why La Maison du Couvent - Caroline & Max GIGANDET chose Beaune
Beaune is the among the most renown and prestigious wine area, it offers a large range of activities, for everyone that enjoy wines, gastronomy, historical building and to share conviviality moments. The town is perfectly renovated and the buildings are well maintained over the years, the city has preserved all the character from the past, it is a site full of history. Beaune offers a large choice of restaurants, wine tastings, and it will grant you the possibility to know deeper the Burgundian wines. The quality of life is very nice, Beaune offers also a large choice of cultural activities, for example the annual crime film festival (March), the festival of Baroque music (June/July), or the evening illuminations of some of Beaune’s historic buildings. The life is easy and relax. You can also enjoy biking across the prestigious vineyards. We felled in love with this former convent, at the beginning you need to get some imagination, as the property was not maintained for decades, the Convent was composed of 2 small apartments, that we have joined to make one. After 6 months renovation, we are so pleased about the result, and our guests really appreciate their time in the house, you just need to check their comments.
What makes this House unique
- Private garden all fenced by original stone walls. - Apartment entirely renovated - Few minutes’ walk from the center of town, no need of a car during your stay. - At 500 meters, you can enjoy the terrace of the bar & restaurant named La Table du Square. - The convent is set back from the street which makes it a calm and tranquil place to stay. - BBQ, garden furniture’s, deck chairs to enjoy spring and summer. - Nice view over the church bell and the old roof of Beaune. - Very bright as the sun orientation is East / West. - 4 bikes can be made available on request, to enjoy cycling across the prestigious vineyards, the departure of the road is just 500 meters from the house. - We can also made available a small vaulted cellar on request, to share a wine tasting with your friends. - The renovation and decoration is new, we have paid a careful attention to the bed’s selection. - The custom kitchen, will give our guests the possibility to cook some nice meals, and share good moments with friends or family. Everything has been done to ensure our guest to spend a very comfortable and nice time with us.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Vineyards, gardens, and Beaune
Beautiful flat in a great location close to vineyards, gardens, and central Beaune. Caroline and Max were gracious and helpful hosts. We would love to come back to visit again.
Excellent accommodation and stay near to the city centre. Highly recommended
This little apartment is exactly as beautiful and charming as it looks in the pictures. We were there with our two kids; plenty of space for everyone. I would say that four adults would also have been equally comfortable. The toilet is separate from the shower and sinks, si sharing a single bathroom is much easier than one might think. Beautifully appointed and the washer AND dryer were much appreciated (again, we were there with two young children). We loved the location; just outside the ring road surrounding the city center. We had all of the conveniences of the city center without any of the noise. The garden is lovely and we lived our close proximity to the Parc de la Bouzaize (great for kids!). We didn’t make use of the bikes on this trip, however, I did a lot of running and enjoyed easy access to plenty of trails. We will most definitely return to La Couvent and thank Caroline and Max for creating such a beautiful, charming space. We loved every moment of our stay!!!
Thank you so much Erin for your kindness !
I know your girls were charming from the babysitter !
I hope to see you again while you'll come back in the area.
nicely renovated apartment.....
great location just outside of the city center, but easily walkable to the center. during my stay, i found the flat VERY quiet; which i loved! i encountered a little bit of trouble getting into the flat as the lockbox is at the top of both staircases, and there is another lockbox right when you get into the gate. ignore that one. nice furnishings and very comfortable space. i did not do any cooking, but the kitchen looks very well-equipped. the bathroom has a terrific shower (especially for france), and is also well done. the toilet is separate, a tad cramped, and without great ventilation, but a minor quibble. all in all a very lovely place to stay in beaune. and one that i would recommend.
Thank you for your nice comments...
We would be pleased to welcome you again in a soon future!
A Quaint Flat in a Perfect Location!
We loved our stay here.
The owner met us at the property to assure we were able to get in without incident. He was friendly and gave up a great deal of info about the area. He even called a restaurant to make us dinner reservations.
The flat is charming, well appointed and spacious. There are wall heaters in nearly every room, so even though it was quite cold outside we never felt it inside.
Thanks for a lovely visit!
The pictures don't lie. It's THAT gorgeous!
Lovely private spacious pied a terre, a short walk from the center of town, but away from the crowds during the big Hospice Du Beaune weekend in November. Cozy and stunningly decorated. Caroline thought of everything to make this a magical space and stay. This was our first trip to Beaune and certainly will not be our last! I only hope this gem of a property has availability when we come back!
Thank you so much for your kind appreciation, we are so glad you enjoyed he house. We hope to welcome you again in a soon future.
Caroline & Max.
Beaune offers a very wide range of activities, and has a great cultural potential
- Hospice de Beaune Museum (Hotel Dieu)
- “Vente des Vins”, Beaune’s renowned charity wine auction, 3rd weekend of November
- Annual crime film festival (March)
- Festival of Baroque music (June/July)
- Traditional French produce market held in Beaune’s central marketplace, every Saturday morning
- Wine tastings in one of the regions’ numerous cellars
- Gastronomy: there are Michelin-starred restaurants included amongst the region’s many restaurants
- Visit the old, walled town and walk along the ramparts
- See the evening illuminations of some of Beaune’s historic buildings
- Wine classes
- Balloon rides over the vineyards
- Swim in the local lake water at the Etangs d’Or (facilities include parking, food kiosk, changing rooms, showers etc. Entry fee.)
- And much more…
You can also enjoy a visit of Dijon, which was the Burgundy Duke capital.