Enjoy the beautiful Southern Appalachian Mountains at Sourwood Lake Cabin, a new, spacious log cabin set on 3 + acres next to a small lake (full of fish), located approximately five miles south of Tellico Plains, TN, and at a cooler altitude of approximately 1750 ft. Sourwood Lake Cabin is very quiet except for the birds, frogs, occasional hunting dog bark, and other wildlife that make noise. IT'S OUR FAVORITE PLACE TO BE! We are confident that all of our guests will have a wonderful and memorable experience at Sourwood Lake Cabin.
Sourwood Lake Cabin has two bedrooms (one downstairs and one upstairs), two bathrooms (a large one downstairs and one upstairs); a modern kitchen (stocked with pots, pans, condiments, etc. / all you need is food); a large common area; a new HVAC, new clothes washer and dryer; a dish washer; a large covered deck overlooking the lake; an upstairs deck for privacy, a ramp from the parking area to the covered kitchen deck; a large handicap accessible shower and claw foot bath tub (both in the bathroom downstairs); three beds (king, queen, and double bed, plus a couch that can sleep one); two TV's (Direct TV satellite); WiFi; phone with local and long distance calling; and,a charcoal grill, tables, and chairs on the lake-side deck. Sourwood Lake Cabin can sleep six plus.
Sourwood Lake Cabin is close to world-class trout fishing, many miles of trails to hike, beautiful waterfalls, mountain streams, one of the biologically diverse areas in the world, incredible mountain-top views, and much, much more. From Lake Cabin, one can take day trips to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park; many points of interest in the Cherokee National Forest; Cherohala Skyway (50 miles of roadway reaching 5400 ft. above sea level and skirting the edge on two wilderness areas); Lost Sea (a cave with a large lake deep inside) and other caves open to the public; white water river rafting and kayaking on the Ocoee River, calm water rafting on the Hiwassee River, and challenging kayaking on the Tellico River; and, much, much more.
WE GREET EVERY GUEST WITH OPEN ARMS AND A TASTY BAKED GOODY. We will show guests around the cabin, provide information regarding health and safety issues, answer any and all questions about the cabin and the area, give each guest information about the Tellico Plains area, and do everything in our power to make the guests' experience at the cabin happy, safe, and memorable in the best way. We have enjoyed receiving 5-star ratings from all of our guests, and we will do our best to insure that all of our future guests will have a 5-star experience. We give each guest their space, but we are available when a guest needs us.
We have a two- day minimum stay. Check-in hours are from 12:00 noon until 3:00 pm on the arrival day. Check-out time is 12:00 noon on the day of departure. With notice from the guest, we can be flexible with check-in and check-out hours.
WE HAVE HOUSE RULES:
1. For our health reasons, we do not allow pets at Sourwood Lake Cabin.
2. Smoking is not allowed in the cabin, but one can smoke on the lake-side deck or elsewhere outside, just do not leave smoking rubbish.
3. We have instructions regarding the cabin's water source that is a well and sewage that is handled by a septic system (limiting what one can flush or put into the sewer drainage, like no grease or chlorine bleach).
4. Please bring house slippers as we prefer that our guests not wear shoes in the cabin because of mud and allergies.
5. Our neighbors are good friends and for the most part out of sight. With respect for the neighbors, our guests must not have any parties or events at the cabin that may disturb our neighbors. Quiet time at the cabin is from 10:00 pm until 9:00 am.
6. Our guests must refrain from undertaking any illegal activities at the cabin property.
7. Because we are next to the Cherokee National Forest and surrounded by forest at the cabin , we can not allow any camp fires on the cabin property.
8. Do not discharge any fire arm at the cabin property.
9. We have check-out instructions like locking everything up.