IMPORTANT! PLEASE DO NOT CLICK REQUEST TO BOOK!
INSTEAD, click "ASK OWNER A QUESTION" -- it's under the Owner Photo and name "Ted Gogol".
BEFORE we can accept a reservation we require information about your group to help ensure that our property will be a good fit for your needs.
Please ignore the VRBO language about no refunds... their system won't remove the statement however it does not apply to our properties - the rental agreement that we both will sign will be in force and it includes our standard cancellation policy.
A word about our Rates.
VRBO's new format of their Rates section makes it impractical for us to input every possible rate combination for 365 days a year. The rates that VRBO automatically provides are often incorrect. Our apologies - we provide exact quotes in our responses.
Welcome to our brand-new, 5,200 sq ft, 11-BR, 12-BA, wheelchair friendly Blue Spruce Lodge single family home on 340 feet of lake frontage on Stone Lake!
We designed the Blue Spruce Lodge with one goal in mind:
To create one of the most comfortable, feature-filled, accessible lakefront vacation homes available in southwest Michigan.
Its design incorporates over 8 years of excellent ideas from Guests who have stayed in one of our 3 other Stone Lake vacation homes. Please see below bullet point list of features.
A Note about Traveler Reviews:
With the Blue Spruce Lodge's first reservation on Labor Day 2018, we have just a handful of VRBO Traveler Reviews. However please take a look at the 170+ VRBO Traveler Reviews for our 3 other vacation homes at Stone Lake: VRBO Property Numbers #325883 (7-BR, 7.5-BAKnotty Pine Lodge), #262334 (7-BR, 6-BA Woodlands Lodge) and #890604 (9-BR, 8-BA Cedar Lodge).
Our policy of following the Golden Rule in Guest relations has paid off - 99% of these 170+ Guest Reviews give our properties, and us, VRBO's highest 5-star rating.
FEATURES OF THE BLUE SPRUCE LODGE:
* 5,200 sq ft of finished living space with knotty pine tongue and groove planking covering all walls and ceilings (giving it a very warm and inviting "lodge" feeling) with one exception: Special sound absorbing materials and construction techniques have been used in the BR ceilings on the walkout level to maximize their sound-deadening properties.
* Zero steps or sloped path to access its private 80-foot wide sandy beach with a gentle slope into the water. Safety fencing will surround the house with a gate to access the beach at the east end of the property.
* 11 BRs and 12 Full BAs - with 3 of the BR-BA suites on the main floor and 8 BR-BA suites on the walkout level.
* The 5 wheelchair friendly BR-BA suites have 3x5 roll-in showers, drop down grab bars on both sides of the commode, knee room 36" counter sinks, and generous floor space for expanded maneuvering room -- enough space to use a Hoyer Lift. Bonus for parents of toddlers: These 5 large roll-in showers make a great spot for Pack-N-Plays at night.
* A Bruno chairlift makes both the walkout and main levels accessible to everyone.
*All 11 BRs have Queen beds have comfy mattresses with 3-inch thick Novafoam memory foam/gel toppers. Five of the BRs also have a Twin Bunkbed, with two of the BRs having both a Twin Bunkbed AND a Full Bunkbed -- super sleeping area for a cousins' slumber party.
* The Kitchen is open to the Great Room and has 2 full size fridges (both with ice-makers), 2 stoves, 2 ovens, 2 dishwashers, and a generous pantry cabinet. There is a 3rd full size fridge in the Gathering-Game Room to keep beverages cold and conveniently nearby.
* The wide-open Great Room has a vaulted ceiling and includes the Kitchen, Dining Area and a Gathering Area. The dining area features a 60" x 120" custom solid wood dining table that may be separated into two square tables with seating for 24. With barstools at the adjacent Bar-Buffet Counter and sofa seating area, 38 people may be seated at one time for meals all in one space.
*The Great Room features a U-shaped Conversation Nook with comfy seating for 8 that is adjacent to the dining & kitchen area; it has a 55" smart 4K TV.
* At 885 sq ft the main level Gathering-Game Room at the far west end of the house is generously proportioned and features a 13-foot vaulted ceiling, new slate pool table, new ping pong table, new basketball arcade game, new 12-foot HD projection TV w/ high-end Klipsch home theater speaker system (fills the entire space with distortion-free sound -- even at higher volumes) , full-size fridge, 7 sofas each over 7-feet long, plus Bistro tables. A full BA is just down the hallway.
* The Gathering-Game Room also features a very cool "Kid's Play Loft" at one end that's about 4-feet above the floor and measures 5-feet wide x 29-feet long. Access is via a kid's-size staircase, plus a fun slide, IKEA kid's play rugs with hopscotch, a house, a town - kids should bring toy cars, dolls. It's a great place for the little ones to have their own private kid's-only space in the Gathering-Game Room -- that's fully visible to Mom & Dad. Our strategy for this space: The more active the kids are during the day, the earlier to bed and sounder sleep. :)
* The Gathering-Game Room has a custom sound deadening wall to acoustically separate it from the rest of the house. This 9.5-inch thick wall utilizes double layers of 5/8-inch drywall glued together with special sound absorbing adhesive between the layers of drywall, mounted on alternating 2x4 studs using 2x6 sill plates, with the wall cavity stuffed with 6 inches of sprayed cellulose insulation, with both sides of the wall then topped with 3/4 inch solid pine planking.
* The bedroom suites also feature sound-deadening walls with extra thick 5/8-inch drywall, sound absorbing adhesive, and insulation in the wall cavities -- all under a layer of 3/4-inch knotty pine planking. The ceilings in the walk-out level BRs have custom sound-deadening materials.
* The cozy TV Room on the Walk-Out level facing Stone Lake has 2 reclining loveseats plus a reclining sofa - with a 55" 4K Smart TV.
* The main level Covered Deck measures over 1,000 sq ft and has outstanding views of Stone Lake - just 15 feet away - and features 4 dining tables with 30 comfortable "springy" padded deck chairs, bar stools.
* Comcast Xfinity's fastest "Extreme" cable Internet service combined with a custom Wifi Mesh network with multiple Access Points results in strong Wifi signals throughout the house, deck and the grounds.
* A fun playscape for the little ones is near the beach at the east end of the property.
* A basketball hoop - easily adjustable from 10' down to 7' without tools - is right at the house.
* 15+/- bikes - a mix of adult and kid's sizes - for Guests to enjoy on the trails in our private 47 acres of woods and along the quiet streets of the Village of Cassopolis.
* Concrete driveway parking for 4-6 cars right at the house at the walkout level, with additional off-street parking for 8-10 more vehicles. Barrier-free entry to both levels of the house; a Bruno chairlift connects the walkout level with the main level.
* Brand new HVAC system (2 units actually) provides heat and central AC to all 5,200 sq ft of living space, with 5 zones to maximize one's comfort.
* Two super high-capacity instant hot water heaters utilizing a recirculation pump provide a never-ending supply of hot water.
* A Firepit overlooks Stone Lake and has ample seating.
* Boat dock has barrier-free, level access from the concrete parking pad just 45 feet from the house.
* A 25-foot Pontoon Boating Pkg is available - the Pkg includes 10 gals. of fuel, orientation session, 7 sit-on-top kayaks (5 adults, 2 child), and a row boat.
Many guests enjoy reserving the optional Pontoon Boating Pkg -- it's great fun to get out on the lake – and the little ones just love playing 'captain' steering the boat. The 25-foot Pontoon Boat also makes for a great mobile swimming platform, and sunsets are glorious as it's so peaceful to be out in the middle of Stone Lake and just slowly drift and watch the sun drop below the western horizon. And if anyone likes to fish - that's what Stone Lake is famous for! We include in the rental of the Pontoon Boat a personal orientation session so that the Pontoon can be operated safely and with confidence. Also included is 10 gallons of fuel -- usually enough for a week.
PLEASE DO NOT RESERVE OUR PROPERTY without first submitting an inquiry to us, as we require information about each group. Thank you for your understanding.
The Blue Spruce Lodge has sleeping capacity of up to 40 in beds (determined by ratio of adults-children), a few more using sofas or bring a couple of inflatable mattresses like an Aerobed.
Need more sleeping capacity? Add one of our other nearby single family vacation lodges on Stone Lake - "The Lodges at Stone Lake" are all wheelchair-friendly:
1) Woodlands Lodge: 7-BR / 6-BA / 450 sq ft Gathering-Game Room / 350 sq ft Covered Deck / Lakeside Log Cabin - VRBO #262334.
The Woodlands Lodge is 50 feet from the Blue Spruce Lodge.
2) Knotty Pine Lodge: 7-BR / 7.5-BA / 550 sq ft Gathering-Game Room / 430 sq ft Covered Deck - VRBO #325883.
The Knotty Pine Lodge is about 1,000 feet from the Blue Spruce Lodge.
3) Cedar Lodge: 9-BR / 8-BA / 845 sq ft Gathering-Game Room / 670 sq ft Covered Deck - VRBO #890604.
The Cedar Lodge is about 900 feet from the Blue Spruce Lodge.
For large gatherings that may include Guests with mobility challenges and other special needs, the generous size and accessible accommodations of the Blue Spruce Lodge will make memories to last a lifetime.
Ted & Brenda Gogol
P.S. For reservations made less than 9 weeks in advance of arrival, during the off-season (Nov. and Jan.-April, non-holidays), we are happy