About the property
- Apartment1614 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
3 Bedroom, 2 1/2 Bathroom Modern Open-Plan Apartment With Mountain Views
Situated in the centre of quaint St. Johann in Tirol, our apartment has breathtaking panoramic views of the mountains and village. It's an easy walk to everything and you'll have a wonderful time in both winter and summer.
The highlight of the apartment is a large, open-plan kitchen/dining/living area. Panoramic windows offer breathtaking views of the mountains, fill the apartment with light and open out onto a roof terrace.
The layout creates a wonderful sense of space and privacy. The dining table seats up to 8. You can comfortably sleep 6 in 3 separate bedrooms, all with top quality mattresses. Bedroom 1 has a queen bed and full en-suite bathroom (bath/shower & WC). Bedroom 2 has a king bed and small balcony. Bedroom 3 is smaller with two single beds. Bedrooms 2 & 3 share a full bathroom (shower, bath, & WC) and an separate WC in the hallway.
The bedrooms have excellent sound insulation. Even when we're there with the children, friends and grandparents, there's enough space for everyone. We put the kids to bed early and enjoy long evening dinners or movies without disturbing them.
1. You can walk to everything! Walk to the ski area in 10 mins. Walk to the supermarkets, village center, restaurants, sport shops, boutiques, train station, church in 5 mins. Walk to the swimming pool and ice skating rink in 15 mins. The apartment is only 120 m from the train station. If you want, you could park your car in our safe underground garage and not use it for the whole vacation. Convenient train access to Kitzbuhel (7 mins), Innsbruck (1 hr 30 mins), Salzburg (2 hrs 20 mins), and Munich (2 hrs 30 mins).
2. St. Johann is a winter sports paradise with great skiing in the resort itself (see http://www.snowmagazine.com/ski-resort-guide/1006-austria/1608-st-johann-in-tirol) but with a free and convenient ski bus is part of the largest linked ski area in Austria with access to over 1,000 km of ski pistes. The ski school for children is excellent. Nearby ski areas include Kitzbuhel, Pastun, Steinplatz, and Scheffau. In January, experience the excitement of World Cup skiing in the chic medieval town of Kitzbuhel, home of the famous Downhill Hahnenkamm race.
Enjoy 170 km of groomed cross-country ski trails for both skating and langlauf. It's all free with no ski passes required. Walk to the nearest trail in 5 mins or drive to main stadium in 5 mins where there is free parking and inexpensive equipment rental. You can ski for hours, stopping at local inns for lunch or apfelstrudel and gluhwein.
3. Other activities in winter and summer include:
--A modern swimming pool with floor to ceiling windows and sun-loungers looking out onto the mountains. The large indoor pool connects to an outdoor heated spa pool that is excellent in winter. Also a sauna. Walk there in 15 minutes.
--Excellent golfing with many 18-hole courses within an easy drive.
--Hiking for serious alpinists as well as leisure hikers
--Mountain biking and road biking (host to the Masters Cycling Classic race in August)
--Horse-riding, hot air balloon rides, lake swimming, canoeing, rafting, tandem paragliding and more!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 21, 2018
About Terri Denardo
This is the first year we're renting out our beautiful apartment in St. Johann in Tirol. We've had some of our most memorable family holidays here—with friends, parents, grandparents—and are excited that others will now enjoy it too. Both fantastic skiing in the winter a great out door mountain experience in the summer.
Why Terri Denardo chose Sankt Johann
After many years visiting the Kitzbuheler Alps, we felt at home in St. Johann—quaint and traditional but not too touristy. And from the first moment we set foot in the apartment, we fell in love with the view.
What makes this Apartment unique
The view is fabulous! And the location in the center of the village is unbeatable. We love leaving the car in the garage and walking everywhere--the bakery, supermarket, ski slopes, and restaurants. We knew we wanted to enjoy the apartment with friends and family so the convenience of being able to walk everywhere makes co-ordinating different needs and skiing styles easy and simple.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Our only regret was that we didn't book our stay for longer, 5 nights was not long enough. The penthouse apartment was perfect in every way. We were able to walk to town for our croissants and enjoy breakfast in the apartment looking out to an amazing view. We would spend the day enjoying adventures coming back to have a wonderful dinner in the apartment with a full kitchen with the sun setting over the mountains.
The apartment is in the best location with markets, restaurants and shops literally one block away. We were able to park our car in the garage and walk to dinners. We loved Terri's recommendation of La Rustica, we would have gone back a second night but they were closed on Monday.
St Johann was exactly what we were looking for, just the right size to enjoy what Austria has to offer, beautiful scenery, friendly people and great food.
Terri and Eva were wonderful in helping with any questions we had about the apartment and area.
We would highly recommend this apartment to anyone looking for comfortable lodging and enjoying what Austria has to offer.
I can only express how pleased I was to receive the above review. The guests obviously enjoyed our apartment, St Johann, and the little of Austria that was possible in such a short visit. These reasons reflect why we bought the apartment to enjoy our family holidays, where there is something accessible for everyone, what ever their age.
Thank you for sharing your views.
Great appartment already 4 years enjoying it very much
Clean, well situated. Perfect location
Great location with plenty of space for 6 guests
We've been here twice now for skiing and snowboarding and love it. The property is well kitted out and the panoramic view from the open plan living area is stunning. It's in a convenient location for the station and we tend to opt to walk to the slopes each day to get warmed up, which takes about 10-15 mins - fine in snowboard boots. Terri is a great host and very quick to answer any questions.
Pleased you wanted to return, and super that you all enjoyed the apartment with its facilities, spaciousness and wonderful views for a second time. You will be always welcomed back, and maybe even try the summer months there is so much to do then as well. Terri.
Luxerious, room enough, Everything available ; Nice balcony. Close to collage and railwaystation
Good value for money
This is a beautiful central ,convenient apartment which is even better than we expected . The main sitting room / kitchen/ dining room has everything you could wish for it is comfortable,warm , well equipped and has the most stunning view . The 3 bedrooms are big with plenty storage and lovely bedding .
Eva was kind enough to get us some shopping for which we were extremely grateful as it was a holiday in Austria the day we arrived ..we also knew that should we need anything further she was on hand to provide any help required.
St Johann is a beautiful town with lots of shops ,restaurants and bars .we travelled with our 2 grown up children and their friend and were joined by an Austrian friend who had never visited st Johann before but vowed to return .
We skied both locally and in Kitzbühel which was easy to reach on the train ..the station is a few minutes walk from the apartment.
We have visited Austria on several occasions and this apartment and area definitely rank among the best ski trips we have taken
Try the Huber beer it was a definite hit !!
We hope to return
I am so pleased to hear your holiday was such a success, and the apartment superseded your expectations! You obviously liked it for all the right reasons, the views, the locality, the space and quality. As you say St Johann is an ideal and special little village with a lot to offer , maybe also consider the summer months, you will be most welcome to come back anytime.
Another wonderful stay in St Johann
The apartment was all we had hoped for....comfortable, well equipped and in a great location close to the town’s restaurants and the station. The slopes were about a 10 minute walk away. The view from the apartment was spectacular.
We love St. Johann in winter and summer:
- A winter sports paradise with great skiing in the resort itself and with a free and convenient ski bus is part of the largest linked ski area in Austria with access to over 1,000 km of ski pistes. The ski school for children is excellent. Close to Kitzbuhel, Pastun, Steinplatz, and Scheffau.
- In January, experience the excitement of World Cup skiing in the nearby medieval and trendy town of Kitzbuhel, home of the famous World Cup downhill Hahnenkamm races.
- 170 km of groomed cross-country trails (for skating and langlauf). It's all free with no ski passes needed. Ski for hours--from village to village--stopping at great local inns for lunch or apfelstrudel and gluhwein.
- Ice skate at the outdoor rink at the St. Johann recreation center and also indoor in Kitzbuhel.
- The village has a large modern public swimming pool with floor to ceiling windows and sun-loungers looking out onto the mountains. A large indoor pool connects to an outdoor heated spa pool that is fabulous in winter. Also a sauna.
- Wonderful local restaurants, including many with traditional Tyrolean cuisine and also several good Italian restaurants. The outside terrace dining in the sun at the top of the gondola is also excellent.
- One of our favorite activities is the 2.5 km toboggan run down the mountain, also open in the evenings. We've never seen anything like it elsewhere in Europe or North America.
- Every year we go on a magical night-time horse-drawn sleigh ride.
- Other adventure activities include hot air balloon rides and tandem paragliding.
- For a city excursion, drive to Mozart's birthplace, Salzburg, (~ 1 hour) and enjoy classical music concerts and soak up the old-city atmosphere with a bag of hot roasted chestnuts.
If you are interested in hiking, swimming in the pool or lakes, playing golf, tennis river rafting or just want to enjoy the village life, I am sure you will not be disappointed.
- Fabulous hiking trails for experienced alpinists and easier alpine meadow hikes for the less energetic hikers who prefer to ride the gondola up; also long walks from village to village, around picturesque and swimming lakes, and along the valley and river.
- 200 km of mountain bike trails and excellent road cycling, hosting the Masters Cycling Classic race every year in August.
- Spend all day swimming and boating at gorgeous Schwarzsee, ideal for families and open-water swimmers.
-The village swimming pool has three large pools suitable for all levels together with a water shoots and fun areas.
-River rafting. Have a new family safe experience, or enjoy an adrenaline shot just 2 kms from St Johann
- Excellent golfing to choose from many 18-hole courses within a short drive. Tennis also a available in the village.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Check in at 15:00 and check out at 10:00. Damage deposit will be refunded within 7 days of departure as long as there is no damage as detailed in rental agreement. Included are: Private underground parking, heating, electricity, digital tv, washer/dryer, bathroom/kitchen towels, all bedding. Rates are for occupancy up to 6-persons max, 3-5-night minimum stays depending on availability with change-over day on Saturday in peak season. Message owner to request any variations.