About the property
- House753 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
An OUTSTANDING location, cottage UNIQUE, an UNFORGETTABLE stay !!
Finnish real home FINN HUS 1946 (classified in the General Inventory of Cultural Heritage French) completely renovated in 2014. Facing the beach of the landing of June 6, 1944 Omaha Beach.
PANORAMIC to the sea. Shops on foot.
DIRECT ACCESS landing beach (300 hectares). Pets allowed.
The sea in front, the campaign on the back: WELFARE ABSOLUTE !!
Up to 6 beds:
- bedroom 1 double bed (160cm)
- bedroom 4 single beds adult (+ 1 cot available)
- shower room (hydro-massage shower, washing machine, wc)
- SAM / equipped kitchen (oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge) with panoramic sea views
- living room (leather sofa, relaxing massage, satellite TV, WIFI) with panoramic sea views
- large terrace facing south (sunbathing, garden table, BBQ)
- vast closed ground of 2 000 m ² (parking, swing ...)
A beautiful sea cottage NO smoking.
Beach Omaha Beach classified 'French National Heritage' and soon 'World Heritage of UNESCO'.
Omaha beach is the most visited French tourist site after Paris (source Ministry of Tourism)!
*** Watch FinnHus Omaha video ***
- BED LINEN & TOILET TOWELS: we leave our guests the choice to bring their sheets OR rent them on site. The rental price is 12 € per person per stay (to be paid at the beginning of the stay).dropoff Window
- Accepted animals
- July & August: rent from Saturday to Saturday only
COMMENTS from our previous HOSTS (examples):
- JESSIE (Paris): superb view of the house on the sea Very clean.
- WENDY (England): this is a perfect place, a fantastic place.dropoff Window
- RUBEN (Netherlands): beautiful view.dropoff Window
- TINA (Netherlands): location, location, location ... views breathtaking. Spotlessly clean.dropoff Window
- ERIN (USA): beautiful location right in front of Omaha Beach. Ideally located.
- MARK (Netherlands): the view is beautiful. It's really a house to rent.
- HELEN (Australia): location, location, location !!! Incredibly located.
- LASHEA (England): great experience. Very clean. We'll suggest it to our friends.
- DENIS (Netherlands): the location is perfect.
- JUDY (USA): incredibly well located. Very clean. I highly recommend it
- ANNE & THIERRY (France): It's simple and very pretty. The view is amazing.
- ELISABETH (Québec): a relaxing and memorable. A landscape breathtaking.
- RYAN (Germany): the place is better than the pictures. The location is amazing.
- STEVE (Germany): this house is located in the heart of Omaha Beach. I recommend it.
- ISABELLE (France): magnificent view. Go to the beach without taking the car.
- FRANCOIS (France): that happiness! Location, views, equipment, cleanliness ...
- AADARSH (England): Fantastic location. Quality equipment.
- MICHEL (France): pleasant (reception, accommodation, visits).
- AUDE & ALEXIS (France): We loved the atmosphere, while wood and the beautiful view.
- Jim (USA): the place is beautiful and serene view. Ideal location.
- ERICA (England): fabulous to wake up facing the sea. Great location. Very functional and clean cottage. We recommend .dropoff Window
- LUCY (England): excellent location. Beautiful beach. Clean and comfortable home. I recommand it.
- SAMEER (USA): the location and layout really exceeded my expectations!
- MARIANNE (USA): the location is fantastic. Would recommend for anyone staying in the area.
- CECIL (USA): the setting is magnificent. The house is exactly as described.
- MARTHA (Italy): the location is perfect. It's very peaceful, quiet and serene.
- SUZANNE (USA): beautiful, comfortable and well equipped. Calm and relaxing.
- DIANE (Netherlands): 2 fabulous weeks and moving. A wonderful cottage, nice and clean. Ideal location.
- DOMINIQUE (France): we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the superb view.dropoff Window
- MARC (Canada): we adore the place. The area is peaceful and very pretty. We were pleasantly surprised by the house. Everything is perfect.dropoff Window
- ROGER (England): we had a fantastic stay. Ice Isigny sea are fabulous.
- JUDY (USA): cottage and perfect location. We loved Normandy
- PATRICIA (England): Fantastic location. Beautiful vacation home in the relaxed atmosphere. We loved just listening and watching the sea.
- LINDSAY (Belgium): FinnHus the location can not be beat. The view is beautiful. Really great.
- Clare (England): the cabin is more spacious than the photos with a view that it is impossible to get tired. Superb location
- HELEN (Australia): beautiful cottage. The view is great and beautiful house.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Even more than we could have hoped for!
Location location location! We could not have asked for more! Pay the cleaning fee and the linen rental and don't worry about a thing! Will recommend this cottage to anyone!
Cleaning fee is now included in the quotation.
Bed linens (and towels) are always options rental.
Very nice place with a great view
We were a family of 4 and a dog, and we loved to sit at the kitchen table looking out of the big windows with a great view over the beach with the changes in tide. We liked the house very much, and did not need anything that was not present. We also liked the history of the place, which is very present in the house and in the area.
Beautiful view with no basic amenities
The location is one of the best in the area and the view from the front room are beautiful. I was very surprise to get and email at the last minute asking if we wanted towels and bed sheets and pillow cases. I have been using VRBO for as long as I can remember, and never have towels and sheets been optional. I sent an email that we did want them. We arrived in the late afternoon after driving from Paris to find the sheets and pillow cases folded on top of the beds. This rental reminded me of camping. So, be aware that there will be an extra charge per person for sheets and towels, as well as a cleaning fee, unless you want to clean the place yourself. There are NO amenities. Bring your own shower soap because you will not find one in the place. The blankets we found folded on the top bunk were frayed and looked quite used and not so clean.
As Morena says : "The location is one of the best in the area and the view from the front room are beautiful".
We are sorry to read his dissatisfaction and take note of it to improve our service.
Our hosts have the choice of bringing their own bed linen & towels OR renting them for a few euros. The description in VRBO (Home, Home) clearly specifies this "OPTION". The many hosts we have received since 4 years are well understood: about 50% of them subscribe to these options. We recall this option in our confirmation email for guests who would not have subscribed to them at the outset. We are sorry that Morena did not take it into account from the start.
Cleaning costs are now included in the estimate.
We offer a few amenities for the shower and the daily cleaning of the house.
One of the covers was actually torn to 10 cm: we replaced it.
We specify that that the cleanliness of the cottage and these equipments is one of the first qualities highlighted in the opinions written by our hosts on the differents rental site.
Céline & Emmanuel
Wonderfully relaxing stay!
I stayed with two friends at Finn Haus and loved it. The home is spacious and well maintained. Be aware that the town closes down pretty early. Nothing was open after 9:00 pm. The Cocci grocery was a great place for supplies, affordable wine, and fresh bakery. It is just a mile or two away.
Indeed, the grocecy close at 7 PM.
Open 7 days a week.
Céline & Emmanuel
Amazing location! Nice owners.
I and my three travellers really enjoyed staying at FinnHus. We couldn't have had a better location for touring the World War II sites and being right on the ocean was wonderful. Emmanuel and Celine were very helpful in sending us information about the area and we appreciated their help. There house was in good shape. It helps to know that there are no amenities supplied so you need to have your own. Everything worked but it took us awhile to figure out how to operate the washing machine as we are not familiar with European appliances. We were able to log on to the internet there. We would definitely stay there again should we come back to Normandy.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay in FinnHus Omaha.
Indeed, the cottage is rented without amenities. We nevertheless make available a cleaning products.
We will prepare a washing machine operating manual to facilitate its use.
Céline & Emmanuel
Huisje is netjes en goed voorzien van apparatuur, het uitzicht is echt schitterend.
Prachtige streek om op vakantie te gaan. Ook vanuit historisch perspectief geweldig. Veel te zien en te bezoeken mbt ww2.
Het huisje is direct aan het strand gelegen. Geweldig uitzicht, echt een aanrader.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
DRAPS DE LIT & SERVIETTES DE TOILETTE : nous laissons à nos hôtes le choix d'apporter leurs draps OU de les louer sur place. Le prix de location est de 12€ par personne et par séjour (à payer durant le séjour). Juillet et Août : location du samedi au samedi