Sunset Bay Cottage is a cosy 2 bedroom, 1 bath cottage overlooking the Chesapeake Bay with direct access to a private beach in front of the cottage. Enjoy the family fun, solitude and sunset views over the Bay at this vacation home. Bring food, drink and good books and start having fun!!
Guests will love Sunset Bay Cottage at Silver Beach on the Eastern Shore of Virginia because it packs all of the following qualities into one amazing experience:
- direct access to a private beach space in front of the cottage, with covered decks overlooking the beach and Bay, with a shower facility
- peace and quiet - when you open the windows you can hear the waves ebb and flow
- wildlife watching including opportunities to see ospreys and the occasional dolphin pod
- excellent fishing and crabbing opportunities, including fishing from right off the beach
- quiet local wharf for boat launching at Bayford, which is only a short boat ride away (small $3 launch fee)
- amazing sunsets over the Chesapeake bay
- open spaces for easy entertaining
- perfect for a family looking for a quiet get away with direct access to the Chesapeake Bay
- fully equipped kitchen; outdoor BBQ grill
- plenty of free parking for at least 2 cars
- many local Eastern Shore activities and site-seeing opportunities, both north and south of the home
Guests at Sunset Bay Cottage will have access to the entire house; a small outbuilding and owner's closet are reserved for the owner's use.
Other things to note:
Sunset Bay Cottage can easily accommodate up to 4 guests (over 2 bedrooms and one full bathroom).
Sunset Bay Cottage is on well water. It is not chlorinated like city water. It is perfectly fine to drink but please feel free to drink bottled water as well of course.
Please note that there is no internet service at the house and cell phone service can be spotty. The Cottage does, however, have a land line for local calls.
We have provided in the house a set of house rules and a list of cool things to do at the house and in the area, including good local seafood and other restaurants, craft breweries, local museums, guided kayak and fishing tours (including a kayak trip up Nassawadox and Church creeks to a good local winery and vineyard - book ahead of time with SouthEast Expeditions), historic towns and other interesting and fun things to do.
Swim at your own risk - the sandbars are constantly shifting. Bug spray is recommended for the summer months.