This chalet-cabin is a unique, charming getaway. You are not likely to find a similar one for rent at this price point in Canaan Valley with the combination of view, amenities, and easy location to everything. Our mountain retreat is centrally located to area attractions. Just 5 minutes south to Timberline and Canaan Valley State Park, or eight minutes north to the quaint town of Davis and Blackwater Falls State Park. Special Features of include:
1. Superior views of Canaan Valley -- including ski trails lit at night in winter, and beauty of National Wildlife Refuge year-round -- from chalet-cabin's great room, deck and hot tub area.
2. Home is uniquely decorated with comfortable country and rustic furniture handmade by local artisans.
3. Upgraded kitchen appliances.
4. Upgraded hot tub.
5. VERY large charcoal grill.
6. Chimera/fire pit area
7. Near two quaint towns Davis (8 minutes drive) and Thomas (15 minutes drive).
7. The cabin abuts the Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge and is in the middle of the Valley.
8. In a rural neighborhood of about 14 homes. We are on the desirable "ridge" side with views. We have a small field next to us with a think stand of pine trees separating us from the neighbors on that side. from the back, we have a little forest and then the refuge. One side we do have a neighbor's home we can see, but they are quiet and rarely out on their property.
Hike, bike, swim or kayak your Heart Out!: Most guests say, ''it's even better than the pictures!' Great to just get away and relax, have fun with all sorts of out-door adventures in warm and cold weather. Ski in winter, hike, bike and kayak in warm weather. Horseback riding minutes away, world-class rock climbing about 1/2 hour away. Many, many local activities. Located in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains.
Great Family Summer Vacation in Canaan Valley or Cozy Romantic Getaway in West Virginia. Excellent spot to explore various day-hikes and mountain bike.
Nearby Davis West Virginia was voted by Men's Health as one of the coolest little mountain towns in the country. Note that the high elevation of this Valley means the climate is more like Maine or Southern Canada/summer days do not get beyond 80s at their hottest and evenings dip down to 50s or low 60s, even in July and August.