La Villa Fleurie is a traditional luxury landaise style villa. Accommodation is situated on ground floor level, making for easy access. The internal layout is user friendly with four sets of double doors opening onto terrace with covered outdoor eating area and barbeque. It comprises:
• Three double bedrooms, 2 with ensuite shower rooms and one with ensuite bathroom. The three ensuite bedrooms are situated off a corridor leading from lounge, two of which have their own door leading onto back terrace near pool.
• The kitchen is open plan leading to the Dining area and onto the lounge.
• Overall 3 terraces (a large 45sq meter one covered overlooking the garden, 1 back terrace overlooking the pool and 1 last terrace at the back of the swimming pool area).
• The swimming pool is fully gated and secured by an alarm.
• A utility room housing washing machine, ironing and drying facilities.
• The 1200 sq meter garden is fully gated and private without vis-à-vis. It is flourished with many beautiful plants, flowers and palm trees.
• The place is extremely sunny and peaceful with direct views on the pine forest.
• The overall is decorated with traditional materials with a lot of wood and features many original paintings. FREE WIFI is provided.
- The house is fully equiped with washing machine, dish washer, internet wifi, TV (UK and French channels), music players... The kitchen is spacious and extremely pleasant to cook in.
In 2013, La Villa Fleurie got awarded 4 stars by the local tourism board (out of 5) and is ranked in the top 5 best properties to let in a 30km radius area.
La Villa Fleurie is a heaven for nature lovers (Les Landes offers a unique mix of beautiful forests, beaches and lakes), for beach lovers (200km of unspoiled sandy beach stretching from Bordeaux to Biarritz), for keen surfers (Les Contis is one of the best spot for surf in Europe with best waves in september and october), for passionate cyclists (300km of secured cycle track among the largest forest in Europe along the ocean and the lakes) or simply for people willing to unplug from ectic life. The nearby lakes and ocean offer also fantastic fishing opportunities. South West France gastronomy is renowned worldwide for its great wines and for its poultry and duck specialties starting with foie gras. Finally, Saint Julien en Born village is very pretty. Best is to visit the city centre on Saturday morning and mix with locals at the market where everyone can share a lunch on common tables. People from all nationalities mix and mingle nicely all together.
A perfect day at La Villa Fleurie for me will consist of:
- A breakfast on the terrace facing the pine forest.
- Cycling down the beach across the forest (15 minutes) to a secret beach and sun-bathing / swimming to lunch time.
- Cycling back to Contis village to enjoy fresh sea food lunch with great local wines.
- Taking a surfing lesson in the afternoon or for the most advanced, surfing on your own.
- Resting afterwards at the beach pub and enjoying the sunset while sipping a mojito and while listening to a local DJ.
- Doing a barbecue for dinner along the pool and re-inventing the world with friends while looking at the clear night sky and the shining stars.
- And restart the next day… over and over!
About the owner:
I am a pretty busy finance professionals working for 10y now in the consumer goods industry. I have lived and worked in France, England, Switzerland, Central Africa and India. I am currently living in Zurich. Among all the places I visited and lived in, my favourite is Les Landes in South West France and I decided to buy a house there in 2012: La Villa Fleurie. La Villa Fleurie is a pure heaven, it is a very comfortable and peaceful place where someone can live easily all across the year. I enjoy all seasons there. From June to October, it is the best time to swim in the ocean, enjoy the pool and surf. Outside this period, long walk on the beach and in the forest are extremely relaxing. In winter, temperature never drops too low (minimum 5 degrees in the day but often 15 degrees); I enjoy cycling or running in the forest; it is not rare to meet rabbits, hares, stags and wild boars all across the year. Evenings are spent reading books in front of the wood fire.
There are plenty of activities available all around La Villa Fleurie. I often go to the excellent cimema at Les Contis that is opened all across the year and features many movies in original versions (very good for non French speakers). I enjoy going to Bordeaux and visit vineyards (1h15 drive). Finally, my best day out is to go to Spain (2h drive) and have a great day in San Sebastian and sample Pays Basque lifestyle and gastronomy!
Why La Villa Fleurie?
It is simply the only place in the world where I can unplug from work in less than 24h which is a huge challenge.
Whatever the type of holidays you are looking for (relaxing, sporty, beach, forest, lake), whoever is in your party (couples, seniors, children..); you are assured to have a fantastic time.