Located on beautiful Wychmere Harbor at Harwichport, this turn of the century cottage provides a charming summer retreat. The beach is a mere .25 mile stroll from the front door. Harwichport and Harwich are within easy walking distance. Cable TV, VCR, wireless. Great kitchen and dining area. Amazing deck overlooks the harbor. Indoor full bath and awesome outdoor shower. Minimum 2 week rental period.
My grandfather bought this property in the 1930s. My father spent his summers here, as did myself and my two sisters. As a family, we have so many memories, across three generations, tied to this little piece of heaven. We hope that you love it as much as we do!
You are right on Wychmere Harbor, the view and setting is peaceful and lovely. Its a short walk to the beach on Nantucket Sound, and a short walk into town.
I just wanted to add another star to my previous rating. We accidentally left about ten articles of clothing and a set of Weber tongs at the cottage and didn't even realize it. The owners proactively contacted us without us notifying them and then FedEx'd all of the items to us for free. I offered to pay for the shipping but they insisted on taking care of it. The owners and this cottage definitely deserve all five stars. What a great experience... and what kind and thoughtful owners!
We had a great time at this charming Cape Cod cottage. The description and pictures on the posting are all accurate. It is located directly in the Wynchmere Harbor (Marina) so the view from the deck was spectacular. It was very peaceful to sip a cup of coffee in the morning and just watch the sail boats come in and out of the harbor along with the seagulls, birds, etc .
Most of our days were spent at the beach which is about a 5 or 10 minute walk past the exclusive Wynchmere club. The layout of the house worked well. It was a bit odd to have the kitchen on the walkout first floor (closer to the water), but it was a good use of the space. We spent most of our time in the sunroom overlooking the harbor or on the deck outside. At night we would grill on the deck and enjoy the breeze from the water as the sun would set behind us.The neighborhood is very quiet as it is a deadend to the water and the Wynchmere club. This house is the first house from the beach just after the Wynchmere club. The property was well maintained and clean. Most of the rooms appeared to have been freshly painted recently. The owners were great. They answered several questions about the cottage and it's amenities as we prepared for our stay. I would recommend this property to others. It is a relaxing cottage with an ocean breeze.
We arrived to a house that had not been cleaned or maintained since who knows when. We have been renting in Harwichport and around the cape and islands for over 20 years. This was our worst experience!
* the counters were not wiped down
* the refrigerators (2) were moldy as well as food spills in them
* dish rack with dishes in it were moldy, utensils were rusty
* the plastic ware was moldy
* shower curtain liner in bathroom was very moldy
* outside shower was overgrown, water did not come out of shower head
* we took shower head off and unclogged, got the water to flow and weeded the shower
* cobwebs on most of the furniture (chairs, tables, humidifier, from most items on surrounding shelving to other items..frames, vases, etc.)
* dust everywhere...surrounding shelves vases, pictures, under beds (heavy), shard of glass under bed in front room ...we left it there!!
* futon cover and pillows on futon in room with tv was stained and moldy smelling
* back room windows facing harbor...bed on left (with back to harbor) falls off bed frame...arrived sat on bed and it fell to floor!! Everynight that the box frame was centered on the frame so it would not fall off
* stains on comforters for beds
* washing machine cycles would not start unless we held the door closed even thought the door locked light was on. We washed about 2 loads initially and then only washed the towels on the last day.
* there was no vacum cleaner...we found an attachment (the wand to a canister)
* ants in the kitchen
*Nice view of harbor
Great location, poorly maintained house. I do not recommend this rental to anyone!
This lovely property is ideally situated for easy access to Chatham, Hyannis, Provincetown, and other Cape communities. A short hop on the ferry, less than 1 mile away, gets you to Marthas Vineyard and Nantucket. Cycle, stroll, and sun to your heart's content. Enjoy the spectacular view from the deck that overlooks the harbor.
|Refundable damage deposit||$250|
$2,250 to $2,500/week--minimum 2 week rental period.
$2,250/week in June and September
$2,500/week in July and August
We ask for a deposit at booking, typically half the cost of the rental depending on the length of stay. The remainder is due a month before the stay begins. We ask that renters pay by personal check.