Get the best of both worlds! Drive 4 miles to downtown Chattanooga to enjoy some of the best restaurants, art and music in the south, and then retreat to our Rocky Ledge Bunkroom on the side of Lookout Mountain. Walk out the front door and onto mountain trails for a 20 minute hike to Glenn Falls, and explore the year-round majesty of Lookout Mountain. 5 min. drive to St. Elmo community center, the Incline Railway and a vibrant commercial district. 10 minutes from Rock City and Ruby Falls.
The Bunkroom is an extension of our barn workspace, a 225 sq.ft. room, with a private parking area and entrance.
• Parking: Single car parking is available in the lot just below the barn. Guests will need to be able to climb one flight of stairs in order to get to the Bunkroom from the parking area.
• Pets: Small pets are welcome! However, we kindly request that pets refrain from using the furniture. Please dispose of pet waste in the outdoor trash can.
• Kitchenette: The kitchenette is equipped with a mini frig, microwave, coffee press, and tea kettle.
• Thermostat: Feel free to adjust the temperature to your comfort level.
• TV: The flat screen TV is equipped with Roku TV which offers many viewing options such as Amazon Prime and Netflix. The TV is connected to our Amazon Prime account, so please enjoy anything labeled “Prime,” but any other movie options are prohibited unless you log in to your own personal account.
The TV is on an extendable bracket that allows viewing from the bed or the sitting area.
• Wi-Fi: The network name and password is provided in the Bunkroom handbook
• Glenn Falls Trail: To access the Glenn Falls trailhead, take a left out of the driveway, walk almost all the way to the end of the road and you will see the trailhead to your right. Follow the map provided in the Bunkroom to reach Glenn Falls (approx. 15-20 min. hike).
• Water: The water from the tap is city water and is safe to drink.
• Toilet: Please do not flush anything down the toilet other than toilet paper. We are on a septic system and feminine hygiene products or any other man-made substance will not biodegrade.
• Check-out is at 12pm. The only thing we request at check-out is that you text us on your way out. You can leave the door unlocked and key on the table when you leave.
* Any personal care products, cleaning products, or food products are available for your use during your stay with us. Make yourself at home! *
St. Elmo, is a unique neighborhood - diverse in every way. It is also historic - one of the oldest suburbs in Chattanooga, formed in 1878. Many of the homes built in the early 20th century remain standing and just in the past 10 years, there has been an increased interest in revitalizing the neighborhood. Along with new homes being built in vacant lots, there are a lot of old homes undergoing restoration.
A little bit about us :
Pete and I live just next door (in the gray house) with our kids Lyle (11), O'del (8), Luah (5) and Augustine (3). We are blessed by your visit! - the proceeds from Airbnb go toward funding our work with refugee women in Africa through an organization called Amani ya Juu. At Amani, we provide women in desperate situations the skills and employment to sustain themselves and their families.