Casa Lavanda is a beautifully renovated farmhouse. It is the end of a cul de sac in the town of Vicoli. It is the perfect place to fully relax, away from the stress of everyday life, in the midst of the beautiful nature. Surrounded by 1ha land, olive grove and fruit trees. The large living kitchen with pull-out table (up to 10 people) has an adjoining large pergola (8x4m) for outdoor dining or relaxing. Downstairs there is also a second double bedroom with bathroom. Upstairs is the lounge with Dutch, English and some French and Italian books, satellite TV, DVDs and CDs; free Wifi, 1 triple room, 1 double room, a bathroom with bath and shower and a large terrace.
The property is the ideal place to spend your vacation in a peaceful environment in the middle of the Abruzzo countryside. The view of the mountains and olive groves and vineyards is fantastic. The house is located on the border of the Gran Sasso National Park and it is possible to reach the mountain in 30 minutes. It is 4km or 5 'drive to the nearby village of Civitella Casanova where you supermarket, pharmacy, bakery, butcher, gelateria, bar, grocery store, post office, bank, gas station, etc., can.. Every week there is the Sunday market.
In the vicinity there are several excellent restaurants:
- Walking distance (1km) pizzeria La Fenice is housed in the old school. There are besides pizza also obtain other dishes.
- La Bandiera (Civitella Casanova) restaurant with a Michelin star. For € 50 per person you have a very extensive menu with house wine.
- Osteria del Corso (Civitella Casanova) for snails lovers!
- Macalusa (Civitella Casanova) known for its arrosticini (= skewers of mutton).
- Cappuccini (Catignano) specializes in baccalà (= stockfish, smoked and salted cod). Baccalà one can eat in different ways: carpaccio, soup, fried, grilled, etc.
8 km there is a zoo La Rupe. In a nutshell, the zoo just 1.5 km from Casa Lavanda. Therefore, you can sometimes hear the lions roar.
About 1.5 km away is a protected area equipped with picnic tables and playground equipment.
In Carpineto della Nora you can go visit the San Bartolomeo Abbey. The abbey leaves the abdijpad (8,7km) direction Villa Celiera.
Go exploring in one of the many medieval villages or towns, discover the National Parks. The beautiful and clean beaches can be reached in 45 minutes.