Bob's House is a lovely 3 story home located in historic Norwood Park, one of the safest and best neighborhoods in Chicago. It’s perfect for large groups, families, reunions, or weddings and is just a short 8 minute walk from the CTA Blue Line train which gets you to O’hare airport in 10 minutes and downtown Chicago in 30 minutes. This classic Chicago themed house features photo walls of famous landmarks and people and includes a Mason & Hamlin grand piano for serenading and sing-a-longs
- Includes a complimentary bottle of wine, 6-pack of beer and soft drinks upon your arrival
- Includes complimentary breakfast makings for the morning, coffee, tea, toast, eggs, bacon, cereal, included
- Classy & chic 3 level house with loads of modern appointments and cool Roman columns in the living room
- Six bedrooms with nine beds, sleeps 14 comfortably, 3 baths
- Chicago themed house with photo murals of famous Chicago landmarks and people throughout
- There's a long 150' driveway on the property where you and your guests can all park. In addition there's a 2 car parking apron in front of the garage. Also, there is plenty of free street parking in front of the house. You can view the street parking in the listing photos.
- 8 minute walk to blue line train downtown or O’hare airport. 8 minute walk to Metra train downtown or NW suburbs
- Huge 8 person dining room table with 4 additional bars stools at the granite counter eat-in kitchen
- Mason & Hamlin 1913 AA 6’ grand piano tuned and ready to play with plenty of music books
- Giant 65” 4K Chromecast smart TV and Sonos wireless player in living room
- Super cool retro record player with 8-track tape deck and lots of vinyl & 8 track tapes to explore
- Bedroom 5 doubles as an entertainment / game room & office with PlayStation3 game system on a giant 60” Panasonic plasma TV. Play Blu-ray, DVD's, Netflix, Amazon, and regular HD network TV.
- Business ready with office desk, EPSON usb printer, and office supplies
- Lots of books and games to keep you entertained
- Stuff for KIds, games, books, ride on toys, Pac-N-Play, 1 high chair & 1 booster chair
- Airy bright sun room back porch with double French doors for coffee and the morning paper
- Great for large families, groups, retreats, reunions, weddings, funerals, bachelor/bachelorette gatherings
- Free Electric Vehicle charge station next door (we drive a Nissan Leaf)
- Open and airy, sunny and bright, situated on a wide tree-lined street
- All beds feature brand new super comfy Zinus memory foam mattresses and Beckham Hotel Collection Gel Pillows with brushed micro fiber 1800 sheet sets and pillow cases.
- Well stocked with spices, oils, condiments, tupperware, and all kitchen utensils
- Laundry room with washer/dryer, iron & ironing board, detergents, softeners, starch, folding table, laundry sink
Who’s Bob, anyway ?
Bob grew up in this very house when it was brand new in 1922 at the start of the roaring 20’s. When we moved next door in 2004 we made friends with Bob and he was an endless wealth of knowledge and entertainment about the people who had lived on our block over the decades. He knew a lot about Chicago as well, being a retired professional cab driver. He was a spry 86 years old, still mowing the grass on this enormous property when he decided to downsize and move to a retirement village down the street. We bought the house from him and decided to rehab it into a vacation rental, adding all the modern appointments while maintaining that Chicago class and charm that was built into the original design. Bob can still be spotted around the neighborhood cruising in his huge Buick LeSabre old man car.
Update Feb 2018: Bob sold his LeSabre and has been spotted driving a white Chevy Malibu around the neighborhood.