2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Sleeps 6
Catalina Island Vacation Rentals
- english, spanish
Pool / Spa
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 18
Unit needs work, golf cart needs many updates
I’m giving this unit 2 stars and not less because despite the issues I’m mentioning below, we still enjoyed our stay and it didn’t lessen our experience. I feel strongly that if I’m paying this amount of money for two nights during off season that I shouldn’t have quite as long of a list of things that require attention.
- My biggest issue was the state of the golf cart as we have a toddler and 11 year old. You couldn’t see out of the windshield at night. There was no weather cover like many golf carts on the island have so we were lucky it wasn’t raining as there is no shelter from the elements. Due to this, the seatbelts are in awful shape, some with actual holes. There is also only working headlight which is a serious safety issue. Guests mentioned golf cart issues back in 2018 so this is a long term problem that is not being handled.
- One of the reasons we chose this unit was the fireplace. However there are no fireplace tools to move the burning wood around once you’ve gotten it started. I’m guessing this is why the TV that’s mounted above it is melted and part of the mantle is burnt.
- There was old food still in the garbage disposal. I could see it because the rubber gasket is largely missing.
- The dishwasher does not appear to be old but might require replacement. There was an old cleaning pod still in it that did not get washed out during the last cleaning cycle. There were also large pieces of food in the bottom which I’m assuming is why it has an awful smell when opened.
- The glasses in the cabinet were all dirty. Luckily we were not making any meals as the glasses required a full washing before using because they had caked on food (probably from being run through a dishwasher that doesn’t work) or lipstick on them.
- The pillow shams in the master bedroom had holes in them and the sleeping pillows had standard size pillow cases on them so the actual pillow largely stuck out of the side.
- The blinds in the guest bedroom require replacement. The string on one side is missing so you can not pull them up or down and they’re completely lopsided.
- There were old Doritos on the floor in the living room. Management also did not let us know the spa was closed so my son and husband made the VERY long, cold trek only to have to turn around.
We would stay here again because the view was beautiful and the layout worked well for us but I would hope many of the issues are taken care of.
Missing blinds in the master bedroom . Golf cart needs updating.
Worth the Climb
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hamilton Cove! From the arrival to the departure the folks at Catalina Island Vacations were so helpful and pleasant! We had a few minor issues at the unit and they were immediately taken care of. The unit has a jaw dropping view! However, it is difficult to get to and from as it is in the middle of hillside building 18. Our group of four were fit and ready for the hike, but the ice chest and suitcases were a challenge. The golf cart is parked at the top requiring an uphill hike for every excursion. Overall worth the effort, and didn’t even need to use the gym! One suggestion is that the owners increase the glassware, flatware and dishes to more than four set as they have to be washed for every meal!
Breathtaking views! Peace & Relaxation
The unit does taking walking 9 sets of stairs to get to (and that is the short way)...a little difficult if you have someone in your group with a bad knee!...OR a lot of luggage!!
Once we arrived, the unit was clean, needs a little cosmetic repairs such as torn patio cushions, some chipping paint, some loose electrical outlets, a couple lamps didn't work, and a few ants here and there. We also didn't have WIFI at first, but after a quick reset of the box, that was restored.
BESIDES that, we would stay here again! The views definitely took our breaths away....we felt like we were in the Mediterranean!
The unit comes with a golf cart, was wonderful to have (and needed) BUT it also needs some maintenance as the oil light was on 90% of the time, and the cart barely made it up the hills (the rental company did say they would address this later)
Beds were very comfy, soft linens, would of liked more bath towels. They did provide soap bars, but no tissue, or laundry soap (just a heads up)
All in all, you will not be disappointed with this unit, would have given it 5 stars if there wasn't the few cosmetic issues....
Breath taking views
Large 2 bedroom condo with fabulous views. So nice to escape with Avalon so busy. So many emenities on the property. Would come back.