|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
LAZY BEAR LODGE is a breathtaking new 5300 square foot, six-bedroom four+one-half bath 'lodge' style log home. Completed in April of 2007. A short walk to the West end beaches of Donner Lake. The large gourmet kitchen has granite counter tops and a Jenn Air stove with griddle and six burners. The kitchen opens onto a covered private deck overlooking forest and mountain peaks.
Master suite has dual shower heads, tub and a sitting area. A total of three master bedrooms with king-sized beds makes the lodge perfect for sharing. The fourth bedroom has 2 queen beds, while the 5th has 1 queen and the 6th has 2 fulls. Convenient location and 2 roomy living areas accomodate corporate events. Walk to the West-end beach offering boat launch ramps, swimming, children's play area and picnic area. Donner Lake East-end recreational area provides miles of hiking, biking, Donner Lake Memorial, history presentations on the hour, guided tours, jet ski, kayak and paddle boat rentals. Bike rentals are also available in downtown Truckee.
For smaller groups (12 or less), this home can be rented as a 4 bedroom (closing off access to the lower level and second living area/refrigerator). Only one reservation is accepted at a time, so you'll never share the Lodge.
Conveniently located 4 miles from downtown Truckee. Just down the hill from Sugar Bowl and Royal Gorge ski resorts. Northstar, Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows ski resorts all within 14 miles. Championship golf courses, hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, mountain biking, kayaking, river rafting and numerous other activities are conveniently nearby.
Sleeps 13-16 comfortably.
Keywords: Log Cabin / Lodge
Ella just loves staying at The Lazy Bear Lodge!
The Owner purchased this house in 2007
Decided to build at Donner Lake because of it's secluded area. Peaceful and relaxing!
As soon as we walked through the door, we were in love. I have stayed at a few cabins in Tahoe and near Donner Lake. This is by far the most luxurious, spacious and comfortable cabin we have ever stayed. We came here with friends to get away from the city (San Francisco) and enjoy some nature for a long Memorial Day weekend. Here are what we loved.
1. Inviting Family room - large enough for at least 10 adults + kids to hang out comfortably. Super high ceilings. Flat screen TV on one side and fireplace on the other. It just feel so welcoming. I probably could have just slept on those extra large sofas.
2. Large gourmet kitchen - A few of my friends all love cooking and it was their dream kitchen - chef quality stove and layout. Our bellies all benefited from them being in heaven at this kitchen. It was also one of those kitchens that was a great gathering place to chat and hang out. We also loved the BBQ grill outside.
3. A Perfect Night's Sleep - We stayed in one of the master bedrooms with a king sized bed. I am used to "Heavenly Beds" like the ones in Westins. This felt just like it if not more comfortable. Our kids stayed with our nanny across the main floor in a room with two full sized beds closer to the ground. This was also ideal as so we didn't have to worry about them rolling off from high beds.
4. Contemporary, Grand, yet Cozy. From the pictures, I thought perhaps the place had an older decor. I personally like it more modern, but once we arrived we realized the pictures didn't do it justice. Between the high ceilings, granite counter top kitchen, fully connected wifi, and the outdoor deck, it was a perfect combination of contemporary decor, convenience, and comfort. One of my other pet peeves about cabins is its always too cold especially in cooler weather. Not this one. It was easily kept at 68 degrees. While it was so spacious it felt as cozy as being at home.
5. Last but not the least, Great Location Only a 3 blocks walk to the public beach of Donner lake and so great for morning runs. Less than 10 min drive to downtown truckee and a huge Safeway.
3 days were way too short. We reluctantly left today but definitely plan to be back!!
We called this "cabin" home for three nights in September for a golf outing for 10 people. It is absolutely awesome!!! Plenty of room for everybody and very well equipped. Would be a great spot for 6 couples or 3 families.
This cabin is fantastic! It is spacious and has a "grand" atmosphere, yet it is still quite homey and comfortable. The logcabin feel is wonderful! Amenities are top notch and kitchen is fantastic. Great deck with plenty of sunshine, beautiful bedrooms and bathrooms - I highly recommend this place!
Terrific, HUGE place in a great location. Easy access to all kinds of outdoor activities in and around the lake and hills. We had a wonderful time there.
This cabin has it all! Clean, spacious, and a chefs dream. The kitchen is awesome. The kids loved staying in the room with the bunk-beds. We all enjoyed the short walks to the beach and the easy drive in to Truckee afer a fun day of skiing at Sugar Bowl. We can not wait to go back this summer. Good thing there is a tennis court a block away and a golf course a few minutes away!!
The Lazy Bear Lodge is fabulous! It's spatious and comfortable and has tons of amenities. This place would be great for a large group of friends or family.
|cleaning||$255 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,000|