Our cedar log cabin in the heart of Calgary provides quick access to downtown, the Bow River, and the Rocky Mountains. The home and property have had renovations and upgrades that offer a comfortable mix of contemporary amenities and original features. This listing is for the main floor of the home, providing a pleasant retreat for any time spent in Calgary and the surrounding area. We are located on a quiet residential street with minimal traffic.
Our original cedar log home was constructed in 1955. Since, there has been a collection of renovations and upgrades to the property that provide the home with a cozy and comfortable atmosphere. All upgrades have gone through the necessary permitting and approval processes. Amenities include:
* game room [air hockey / poker table]
* exceptional landscape design including
* putting / chipping green
* bmx pump track [NOTE: Experienced bike skills required. Please inquire.]
We look forward to making your stay at Inner City Retreat as you would expect in your own home. As such, we will be readily available for any questions, comments, or concerns that you may have. Details regarding check in will be discussed upon booking.
Please note that the home is not barrier-free accessible.
The basement is not available for the use of your stay.
Our home is located in a quiet community [Spruce Cliff] with a diverse group of neighbours, ranging from original families from the 1950's to young families with the next generation energizing our community forward. We are a short walk away from the Douglas Fir Trail which offers a system of hiking and nature trails along the Bow River. There are also some unique shops and an art studio nearby to do some shopping or grab a coffee.
Our central location provides quick access to various hot spots in and around the city. There is ample street parking, we are in the Car2Go zone, and Uber rides are readily available. City taxis and public transit are also available and easily accessible.
* quick access to Trans Canada Highway to explore Banff, Lake Louise and the Kananaskis
* 10 minute drive, or short transit ride, to downtown & Stampede Grounds [Saddledome]
* 10 minute drive to University of Calgary & Foothills Hospital
* 10 minute drive to Mount Royal University
* 10 minute walk to Bow River and river pathway system, including the Douglas Fir Trail
* 10 minute walk to Westbrook LRT Station [Light Rail Transit, Bus, Public Library] and shopping center
* 10 minute drive to Canada Olympic Park [lift access mountain biking / skiing, bobsled / luge track, cross country / hiking trails, hockey rinks, play zones, WinSport Performance Training Center Campus & Camps]
* 5 minute drive to Shaganappi Golf Course [golf & winter x-country skiing]
* 2 minute drive to Edworthy Park
* 2 minute drive to exterior ice rink [hockey rink & skating rink with zamboni]
* 2 minute walk to playgrounds  & green space
* 40 minute drive / taxi ride to the Calgary International Airport