Welcome to Deer Run, a beautiful home in the Apple Valley area of Rumbling Bald Resort and spa in Lake Lure, NC. In the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains is one of the finest resorts in Western North Carolina. On the north shore of Lake Lure, and just minutes to Chimney Rock State Park, is Rumbling Bald Resort. Sprawling over approximately 3,000 acres is natures perfect blend of mountain sun and lake fun. The lakefront resort location is framed by the rugged rock faces of Rumbling Bald Mountain.
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure offers the best of resort living. The two perfectly manicured golf courses were awarded four-star ratings by Golf Digest. Outdoor amenities include boat marina, kayaks, canoes, lakefront beach, waterfront cabana, tennis courts, volleyball courts, basketball, tennis, fine dining, 3 pools, children’s water park, mini golf, outside fitness areas, and hiking & biking trails. The relaxation continues at the spa, salon, fitness center, and indoor pool. Nearby excitement is found at the Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC), just a short 20 minute drive. The home is in the Apple Valley section and is within minutes of all the amenities. Resort passes are included and will be waiting for you at the home.
The home features 2 master suites and a third bedroom all on the the main level. The lower level has a large den, 4th bedroom with King sized bed.
Step into the home's main level great room, punctuated by the floor-to-ceiling stacked stone gas log fireplace. The kitchen features corian counters, stainless steel appliances and a large center island with bar area. Next to the kitchen is the dining area, with a table that sits up to 8.
The cozy living area has a reclining couch, loveseat and reclining chair with a 58 inch flatscreen TV and DVD player. A door off the kitchen leads to a 12* 40 foot screened in porch with a three person swing, round table with 4 chairs and a set of wicker glide rockers to enjoy while sipping your morning coffee or just enjoying during the day while reading a book. Gaze at the deer that stroll by or the wild turkeys that roam around or just listen to the sounds of the birds singing joyfully.
The left wing of the house is one of two spacious master suites. The first master suite has a King sized bed and also has a nice white sofa bed for lounging but could also be used for additional sleeping. It converts to a queen sleeper. The room has a 42 inch flat screen TV,
access to the screened in porch and a private bathroom with a soaking tub and separate jacuzzi shower with his and her vanities.
On the right wing of the house is the 2nd master suite. This second master offers a
Queen sized bed, with a 32 inch flat screen TV, DVD player and access to the screened in porch and a private bathroom with a jacuzzi tub with shower and vanitiy. The third bedroom on the main level has a queen sized bed and a 32 inch flat screen TV, DVD player and a half bath.
The lower level has a 4th bedroom with a king sized bed, a large den with a sectional sofa that reclines on both ends and a separate leather recliner. The den has a 46 inch flat screen TV, DVD player, electric fireplace, games, movies and an old timey Popcorn machine. The rec room has a ping pong table and fooseball table, another tv just set up for video games with ps2 and ps3 console and games. All guests have access to the two car garage.
There is a fire pit just outside the lower level area for those nights that you want to sit by the fire and make some s’mores. I have chopped up plenty of fire wood for you to use in the fire pit outside. There are 8 Adirondack chairs under the deck to use while sitting by the fire telling stories and enjoying the cool mountain air. This home is sure to become your new home away from home!
Other Amenities of Home:
Cable TV including Netflix
• High Speed Internet, as high as you can get in the mountains, 6mg. Good enough for streaming.
• Located Within 20-30 min. of Shopping and The Tryon Equestrian Center.
• Located within a 1 hour drive of Asheville, Hendersonville and Black Mountian.
Perfect Getaway for Every Season
This home is perfect for every season! Spring brings the blooms of dogwood trees and mountain laurel. Visit in the summer when the weather is perfect nearly all the time. The stunning array of colors in autumn is legendary. With the absence of leaves on the trees, winter offers broader views.
Be Our Guest
No matter the season, this home and the beautiful area will provide you the weekend getaway or vacation that you and your loved ones will never forget. Just pack some clothes, pick up some groceries (shopping nearby), and then enjoy all this home offers.
If you visit once, we are confident that you will return again for the beauty, fun, comfort, and hospitality. We look forward to you being our guest.
Smoking is prohibited in our home or on screened porch but outside is ok as long as everything is cleaned up and disposed of properly.
Parking for 4 or more vehicles. Driveway is gravel and has an incline and front wheel drive is recommended.
Check-in time is 4 p.m. local time (or later)
Check-out time is 11a.m. local time (or earlier)
PLEASE MAKE NOTE:
• High Season- June thru August.
• HOLIDAYS ARE A 3 NIGHT MINIMUM and all other times outside the above are 3 night minimum.
• YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OLD TO BOOK.
• NO SMOKING.
• LINENS ARE PROVIDED
A small supply of paper products will be provided. One roll of toilet paper for each bathroom, one roll of paper towels, 2 garbage bags. We will also provide one dishwasher packet and you will have to provide own laundry detergent.
History of Rumbling Bald
Rumbling Bald Resort is situated at the base of Rumbling Bald Mountain. The mountain was originally called Bald Mountain, named after the sheer rock-face of the mountain. In 1874 there was a large earthquake at Bald Mountain, which in the words of the residents caused the earth to “rumble”. Soon after the earthquake, the name was changed to Rumbling Bald Mountain. This majestic mountain, which can be seen from miles away, towers over the north end of Lake Lure and the Resort that bears its name.
During the past 70 years Rumbling Bald Resort has has grown from a solitary boat house on a beautiful mountain lake into a thriving 3600 acre mountain resort community. Today we serve hundreds of guests from around the world who come to vacation and enjoy a tremendous variety of outdoor lake activities, soothing spa treatments, excellent golf courses, and the simple beauty of mountain life. Over time many guests have become property owners, many of which reside at Rumbling Bald Resort full-time and participate in the community on a daily basis.
Surrounding areas includes Chimney Rock with quaint shops and restaurants on the Broad river. The state park has hiking trails suited for the casual walker or for the avid athlete. The waterfalls are a must see and suited for the young or young at heart.
Asheville is famous for the Biltmore Estate built in the 19th century by George Vanderbilt. It is the largest private residence with over 250 rooms. It is a must see! The estate has a summer concert series on its lush gardens and is a beautiful drive from the home. Asheville is an easy and scenic drive only 45 minutes away.
Hendersonville is also a fun day trip to make with big box' stores as well as a quaint downtown shopping area.
• Parker-Binns Vineyard and Winery is a must see and located at 7382 NC-108, Mill Spring, NC 28756. Overmountain Vineyards, also a family favorite, is located at 8799, 2012 Sandy Plains Rd, Tryon, NC 28782.
• If hiking and waterfalls are your thing, we recommend Big Bradley Falls or Little Bradley Falls located just a short 40 minute drive at Cove Creek, Saluda, NC 28773.
• A visit to Lake Lure is also highly recommended while you’re here. It too is only about a 15 minute drive from Deer Run. There you can hike Chimney Rock Park, Kayak, Horseback riding, Fish, or just relax at the Lake Lure Beach.
• If Zip lining through the Gorge interests you, you must check out America’s steepest and fastest zip line canopy tour…The Gorge Zip line. The Gorge offers a thrilling tree-based aerial adventure in Saluda, NC or just outside the resort. Begin your experience perched on the rim of the Green River Gorge and plunge into untouched wilderness. Descend an unprecedented 1,100 vertical feet in elevation zipping from tree-top to tree-top on 11 zip lines, traversing a sky-bridge, and descending 3 huge rappels, all through stunning old growth forest, overlooking 18,000 acres of protected Green River Game lands.
• Perhaps sitting in an inner tube floating down the Green River is more your style. It is hard to beat cool mountain water on a hot summer day. Escape the heat and enjoy an exciting day on the river. Let the Green River guide you through the wilderness with a mixture of peaceful floating and thrilling whitewater. Green River Cove Tubing is located 5200 Green River Cove Rd, Saluda, NC 28773.