The Cabin gives vacationers the retreat, peace, and connection with nature in a nice rustic home setting and just a few miles from our quaint downtown of Black Mountain, NC - the best of both worlds. This timber frame home is situated on 13.5 acres at approximately 3500 ft elevation, with scenic long-range views of the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina. Located in a private neighborhood, guests are only 15 minutes from downtown Black Mountain, NC and 25-35 minutes from downtown Asheville, NC.
PLEASE NOTE: The driveway is a gravel road with an upward incline. FOUR WHEEL OR ALL WHEEL DRIVE ARE NECESSARY FOR MOST VISITORS. For reference, the owners easily access the Lodge in their 2016 Volvo all-wheel drive vehicle throughout all seasons of the year. Also, please see the video of the owner driving his Jeep up the driveway in two-wheel drive at: . Inclement weather can also effect ease of access.
Two miles from the Lodge, and within the neighborhood itself is a restaurant, bar, and local live music venue, which is family and dog friendly, equipped with a sand volleyball court, outdoor dining, fire pit and some of the best BBQ Nachos you'll ever experience! Being in the WNC mountains, full of amazing songwriters and bands, featured musicians are sure to make your dining experience a magical one. Folks come from all over the country to enjoy this one-of-a-kind restaurant, complete with pasture views of cows, deer and turkey.
This Cabin is also just 35 minutes from Lake Lure and Chimney Rock. Centrally located between Lake Lure and Black Mountain, vacationers have a wealth of small towns and outdoor adventure areas to visit nearby. There is no lack of hiking trails, fishing holes, and canoeing/kayaking activity.. In general, Western North Carolina has approximately a million acres of national forest and park land. For those of you who would like a fishing guide, we have a local fishing genius available for your adventure
The Cabin has a very spacious, yet cozy feel. All new beds, updated kitchen, new washer, new dishwasher, new gas range and absolutely beautiful timber frame architecture. Very large deck with second story. Also, recently updated is a new Trane AC and Heat Pump System, Gas Furnace (below 35 degrees), Deep Well Water Pump, Smoke Detectors, and Bear Proof Trash Bin.
More about the Cabin:
1. A fully equipped galley kitchen, including dishwasher, stove/oven, microwave, toaster oven, 12 cup coffee pot, and various blenders. All necessary cooking equipment and dish/silverware is provided.
3. Various spices and condiments for cooking are provided as well.
2. A four bedroom house with vaulted timber frame ceilings, large windows providing beautiful sunlight throughout the day. Light blocking curtains are in the bedrooms to provide privacy, and shade for light sensitive sleepers.
3. A living room with leather furniture including a large sectional couch.
4. A dining area, with an eight-person dining table, and extra eating trays.
5. A second floor balcony reading nook and desk with wifi.
6. A large outdoor patio seating area with a gas/coal hybrid grill, and a cowboy grill/fire pit.
7. An outdoor second floor balcony and seating area.
Amenities and unique features include:
1. All towels, sheets, blankets, toilet paper, and paper towels are provided for guests.
2. The Master bedroom has a King size Tempurpedic Adjustable Mattress.
3. The other three bedrooms include one Queen size bed, one full bed, and two twin beds (one Tempurpedic twin).
4. This home includes a master bath, a full size bath, and a half bath.
5. Wifi/Smart TVs located in the upper living room and lower den.
6. Lastly, a doggie door is located on the first floor, large enough for labrador retrievers and huskies. Also provided are blocks for shorter dogs or older dogs. There is a locking door cover to close off use if desired.
Some features about the area itself:
1. Black Mountain and Asheville both cater to people who have particular food requirements, including organic, vegan, and gluten free options at both grocery stores and restaurants.
2. Multiple hiking trails exist nearby the Lodge property.
3. A canoe is also available (with deposit & liability waiver) for those of you interested in exploring our mountain waterways and lakes.
The Cabin has a long private gravel driveway providing complete privacy from the main private road. When turning off the main access road, the private gravel road is approximately 2 miles to the property. Rain may effect ease of access also****
You enjoy a truly private nature retreat experience, but only two miles from our local restaurant/cafe/music venue, and 12-15 minutes to the town of Black Mountain.
PET POLICY: We do not allow
NO “PARTY” EVENTS/ACTIVITIES: Although we love a good party, this home is not available for loud and/or destructive activities. Our neighborhood is very peaceful and quiet and must be respected by all guests.
All garbage must be bagged and placed in can in the basement. Garbage pick up is Wednesday approximately 10am.
We feel this home offers such an amazing experience for our visitors and tends to relieve stress and tension from the daily grind. So, come enjoy a cup of joe or glass of wine on the porch, while overlooking the scenic Blue Ridge Mountain range.